DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Report Says Six Percent of Babies Are Born with Genetic DisordersBy Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, February 06, 2006 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Development Report.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(二)月

题目要求: Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay based on the picture below. You should start your essay with a brief description of the picture and then express your view on peoples addiction to smartphone

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

With countless pregnancy apps, online community forums, and unsolicited opinions from your friends, figuring out the best diet to adhere to before, during, and after your pregnancy can be a bit overwhelming. While everyone's individual dietary requir

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Weve heard that a mothers weight during pregnancy can influence the weight of her offspring. Now a study of rats shows that the fat content in a moms d

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

Time is running out for my friend. While we are sitting at lunch she casually mentions she and her husband are thinking of starting a family. We're taking a survey,she says, half-joking. Do you think I should have a baby? It will change your life, I

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小短文

AS IT IS 2016-04-07 Cruz's Victory Slows Trump's Path 克鲁兹胜利使特朗普受阻 With a victory in the state of Wisconsin, Texas Senator Ted Cruz slowed Donald Trumps push to capture the Republican Partys presidential nomination. Cruz called h

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2014-12-07 In Cameroon, New Tool for Pregnancy Planning 喀麦隆避免意外怀孕新工具 Cameroon has become the seventh African country to begin using a program called Calculator 28. The program calculates -- helps to predict the period

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Lesson 25 Don't They Feel Ashamed of Themselves? Text A We were at the terminus and as a bus had just left, there were only the two of us. We're sure to get good seats, I thought to myself confidently. But soon there was a crowd and nobody seemed to

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(176) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语教程(Oral Workshop)--中级

A large new study has documented unexpected links in the timing and severity of symptoms of maternal depression, which could help mothers and doctors better anticipate and treat the condition. 一项新的大型研究记录了孕产妇抑郁症的发作

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

We are kicking off a new series called Milestones, says, gonna focus on the major life events that we are all facing, like getting married, buying a home and retirement. Today's milestone is all about

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Science and Technolgy 科技 Diagnosing dementia 痴呆症的诊断 Advance warning 病情恶化预警 How to detect Alzheimer's before symptoms appear-if you are a woman 作为一名女性,如何在症状出现前诊断阿尔茨海默氏症 ALZHEI

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

The Flea John Donne (1572~1631) Mark but this flea, and mark in this, How little that which thou deniest me is; Me is sucked first, and now sucks thee, And in this flea our two bloods mingled be; Thou

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A woman from China's central Hunan province recently set a Guinness World Record with her 17-month-long--pregnancy, local media reported on Aug. 16. 据当地媒体8月16日报道,中国中部地区湖南省一女子因怀胎17个月,从而创下了

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

近日,世界卫生组织WHO正在酝酿一项新标准,而新标准的内容主要是,从现在开始,那些因为没有性生活或找不到对象而不能生儿育女的人可以认定为残疾,相信很多单身狗听到这条消息已经

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

She did not dump me. It was a mutual break-up, ok?Shut up! 她没有抛弃我,这是一次对等的分手好吗?闭嘴! Have you ever been so completely in love with your girlfriend that you just knew you wanted to spend the rest of your life w

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

New mom Miranda Kerr praises her husband Orlando Bloom for his expert parenting skills. You won't believe the extreme length he went to while she was in labor. Hey I'm Lauren and this is Popsugar Rush. He's incredible. He's a great dad. He's very han

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

Like any good mother, when Karen found out that another baby was on the way, she did what she could to help her three-year-old son, Michael, prepare for a new sibling. They find out that the new baby is going to be a girl, and day after day, night af

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

妊娠糖尿病与心脏疾病有关 WASHINGTON, March 12 (Xinhua) -- Women who develop gestational diabetes may face an increased risk of early heart disease later in life, even if they do not develop diabetes subsequent to their pregnancy, U.S. res

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Message number three: 建议三: don't leave before you leave. 在你离开前别放弃。 I think there's a really deep irony 我认为这是一个非常深刻的讽刺 to the fact that actions women are taking -- 对于女性所采取行动而言

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

'Haptics' is a brand new sensory technology that's set to make today's electronics even more lifelike and thrilling. From white-knuckle video games to pregnancy simulators and even techno music - haptics could make all of these things even more reali

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦