Section 33 Birth Of course, none of us can remember our own birth. If we could, I wonder what we would remember. For the mothers, it is a painful but usually a delightful experience. Hundreds of years

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语导读1000句

09 布什政府停止援助国际计划生育团体 DATE=3-12-01 TITLE=DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Family Planning Policy BYLINE=Jill Moss (start from 1'00) This is the VOA Special English Development Report

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 政治经济

HEALTH REPORT - Helping Depressed Mothers By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 This is Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Health Report. A mental health researcher who has st

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

IN THE NEWS - Conservatives, Liberals Criticize Bush's Choice for Court By Nancy Steinbach and Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Saturday, October 08, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special Engl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Study: Oil Spills Double Risk of Baby Deaths in Nigeria A new study has found that babies have a higher chance of dying in their first few weeks of life if their mothers live close to an oil spill. Researchers studied information about babies dying a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

The Supreme Court of the United States ended its term this month with a striking, almost dramatic finish. In recent days, the court announced major decisions that relate to immigration, labor unions and a womans right to end her pregnancy. It also ru

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

In my lab, we recently made a cancer nanodetector 在我的实验室,我们最近研制出了一种癌症纳米检测器, that is so small that it could travel into the body and look for tumors. 小到可以进入全身血液循环并寻找肿瘤。

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

QUADRUPLET girls who made medical history when they were born from the same embryo are celebrating another milestone in their lives as they start nursery. 世界首例同卵四胞胎女婴创造了医学史上的记录,现在她们正在迎接人生中

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

患者:我这两天阴道出血并伴有下腹疼痛。 Patient: I have had some vaginal bleeding for 2 days, together with some pain in the lower abdomen. 护士:你月经流量怎么样?上次月经是什么时候? Nurse: What was the amount of bleeding? When was your last period?

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

The One With All The Wedding Dresses 本集简介: Joey's snoring forces Chandler to insist he go to a sleep clinic; while accompanying Joey at the clinic, Chandler meets (and begins dating) Marjorie, who talks in her sleep. Ross tries to talk with

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

1. The three leading Democratic presidential candidates are honoring the memory of Martin Luther King Junior. Barack Obama, John Edwards and Hillary Rodham Clinton were all at the State House in Colombia, South Carolina. Thousands turned out for the

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(一)月

THIS IS AMERICA - Why Birth Control Is Suddenly a Hot Issue JUNE SIMMS: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm June Simms. BOB DOUGHTY: And I'm Bob Doughty. Birth control is usually a private issue. This week on our program, we look a

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(四)月

AS IT IS 2014-08-14 S. Africa School Keeps Pregnant Teens in Class In some ways, the high school girls at the Pretoria Hospital School seem like many other girls their age. But there is a major difference -- most of them will become mothers by the en

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(八)月

AS IT IS 2016-02-24 What Lies Ahead for the US Supreme Court? The death of a member of the United States highest court has politicians arguing over who will take his place and when. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died February 13 at age 79. He

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Researchers: Link Between Zika Virus and Birth Defects 寨卡病毒与出生缺陷的关联 Researchers in Slovenia say they have found some evidence of a link between the Zika virus and an increase in some birth defects. 斯洛文尼亚研究人员称

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

The Sudanese people of the Nuba Mountains have faced years of war from the government of President Omar al-Bashir. A few years ago, Russian-made Antonov warplanes bombed unarmed civilians, injuring and killing many. Most medical workers with internat

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(190) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

From NPR news in Washington, I'm Barbara Klein. The Obama Administration is beefing up the nation's missile defenses on the west coast. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel says the move follows threats from Iran and North Korea. Chuck: North Korea particul

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

SARAH MCCAMMON, BYLINE: Ohio might soon become the latest state to restrict abortions. A bill to ban doctors from performing abortions after a Down syndrome diagnosis has passed both chambers of the state legislature and could be on its way to the go

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

And so bring your values and experiences and insights into politics. Dare to help make, not just a difference in politics, but create a different politics. Some have called you the generation of choice. You've been raised with multiple choice tests,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Midwives in Training By Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, May 10, 2004 This is Robert Cohen with the VOA Special English Development Report. Women trained to help with childbirth celeb

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展