Healthy babies Text: In order to have a healthy baby, it is best for a woman not to do certain things while pregnant. Most babies have problems because their mothers took drugs or drank alcohol while pregnant. Any food a mother eats, any beverage she

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(1424) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄学英语第二册

E: did you know that abortion is still illegal in many states in the USA? D: why? I thought Americans were supposed to be more open than that. E: well, for many religious people, they believe that people who abort their babies are murderers. D: do yo

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

Unit 22 Come with Falling Snow385 和雪花一起飘来 生活中,要想得到自己想要的东西,有时需要付出本来承受不了的耐心。人们应该从不放弃希望。生活可能会不如人之所愿,但只要希望还在,终归会获得满足 BY the year my husband turned 40 and I hit the age of 35, Jo

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年星火30篇考研词汇

Unit 9 Hospitals 161.I have a pain in my abdomen. 162. How long have you been like that? 163.I have (a) back pain. 164.I have a pain in my chest. 165.I have a dull pain in my stomach. 166.I have the flu. 167.I have a sore throat and a bad cough. 168.

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 标准美国英语口语

Is, uh, Birch here yet? He's waiting outside. 波茨来了吗,正在外面等着 Well, cancel the meeting. Tell him something came up. 取消会面,跟他说我有其他事 I don't want to feed the frenzy. Yes, sir. 我不想再生气了,是,先

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 纸牌屋第一季

A forum that focuses on how to promote leadership for women was recently being held in Beijing, ahead of International Women's Day. Some accomplished female professionals at the event have said that employers should adopt flexible workplace policies.

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - December 15, 2002: Margaret Sanger By Doreen Baingana ((THEME) ) VOICE ONE: I’m Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I’m Sarah Long with the VOA Special English Program, People in

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

Anne Look | Dakar 29 June 2010 Fearing social stigma, families in Senegal's southern region are remaining silent in the face of widespread sexual violence against girls, says a study released this month. A study released this month revealed alarming

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

经典句型:I'm afraid I got airsick. 恐怕我是晕机了。 A:I'm afraid I got airsick. 甲:恐怕我是晕机了。 B:Don't worry. I will fetch you some medicine. 乙:别担心。我去给您拿些药来。 A:Thank you vwy much. 甲:非常感谢。

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 生活口语天天说

Pre-Listening Vocabulary expectant: waiting for something, especially the birth of a baby mortality: death kit: a package of useful items double: to have a secondary purpose onesie: a one-piece shirt and underwear set (also called a diaper shirt) opt

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

Can Your Belly Tell You If It Is a Boy or Girl? 生男生女 ── 肚皮露玄机? \Many myths surround the mysteries of pregnancy. For example, people have developed a lot of folk wisdom about predicting a baby's sex. One old wives' tale that ha

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

We all need to encourage men to lean in to their families. 我们都需要鼓励男人在承担家庭责任方面更积极。 Unfortunately, traditional gender roles are reinforced not just by individuals, but also by employment policies. 遗憾的是,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

I tried writing e-mails while hovering over the toilet, but the situation didn't lend itself to effective multitasking. 我曾经试图坐在马桶上写电子邮件,但这也没有提高我的多重任务处理效率。 Because I had already been

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - U.S. Group Expands Free Help in China for Children With Clefts By Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, December 12, 2005 I'm Jim Tedder with the VOA Special English Development Report. Cl

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Public opinion polls suggest most Americans favor full body scanners as a way to protect against terror attacks on commercial airliners. The benefits of scanners are being debated in a number of countries. Some groups have raised privacy issues. But

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

This month we saw some early results from a study of small children. The full report is at Growing Up in NZ About 7,000 children, born between April 2009 and March 2010, are in the study. They live in Waikato, or a particular area in Auckland. This i

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

The Malaysian Prime Minister,?Najib Razak,?says?he has ordered the country's Navy and maritime authorities to try to find and rescue migrants stranded at sea. It comes a day after Malaysia and Indonesia agreed to provide temporary shelter to such mig

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

The prime minister is being accused of fudging the numbers to justify her crackdown on temporary visas for foreign workers. Two members of the government's advisory panel on skilled migration have questioned the prime minister's claim that the number

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

A few minutes can feel like forever when you're waiting on the results of a pregnancy test. But in that brief time, you're witnessing the power of the scientific method. That one little stick lets you ask a question, perform a controlled experiment,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Liz Waid Voice 2 And I'm Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 In the small village of Pitala, a w

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight