Sharp drop in US stocks today on fading hopes of economic stimulus from the Fed disappointing reports from the eurozone and China's mixed data on the US economy. At last check on Wall Street, the Dow was off 114 points at 13,058. New Home sales are a

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

It's been a record setting day for the healthcare.gov website as last minute choppers rushed to sign up for health insurance, but NPR's Juli Roberner reports late comers are getting a one day reprive if they want coverage to start on Jan 1st. At 5 pm

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

What Motherhood Really Means Time is running out for my friend. While we are sitting at lunch she casually mentions she and her husband are thinking of starting a family. We're taking a survey, she says, half-joking. Do you think I should have a baby

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 品茗经典

AS IT IS - A discovery that could save the lives of millions of newborns Welcome to AS IT IS, from VOA Learning English. Im Christopher Cruise. Today, its all about saving babies and preventing pregnancy Kelly Jean Kelly will report on a discovery th

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Women Are Giving Birth at Home On Purpose! Empowering. Life-changing. These are two words women often use to describe natural childbirth. Painful would be a third. But thats a different story. This story is about midwives in Los Angeles, California.

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(四)月

New research reinforces the importance of prenatal iron supplementation for good birth outcomes and continued good health for growing children. Research over the past 20 years have pointed to the importance of micronutrients - substances found in sma

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

Michael Irwig gives staff lectures on Vitamin D at George Washington University Hospital The U.S. Institute of Medicine is involved in a study that will likely result in an increase in the recommended daily intake of vitamin D. Research shows vitamin

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

When Pregnant Women Need Medicine, They Encounter A Void STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Some pregnant women face an excruciating choice. It's whether to keep taking medications or whether to stop taking them, risking their own health to avoid any possible risk

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

If I Had My Life to Live Over I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day. I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in stora

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

If you are a smoker who has tried and failed to stop smoking, you are not alone. Like millions of American tobacco smokers, President Barack Obama is trying to kick the habit. After his first routine medical checkup since taking office, the president

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

剧码: 黑手党的女儿 Sophia: You got that right. They're supposedly good in bed, too. Acheng:Is that true? Sophia: I guess so. Now Anna's got four kids and another on the way. Acheng:Wow. She looks good for having had that many kids. She's pr

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

A report to the government suggested that New Zealand could allow parents to choose the sex of their children who are born using IVF (in-vitro fertilisation). This is a process where the egg from the woman is fertilised by sperm from the man outside

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Good afternoon, I'm Sara Haines. And here are the top four stories buzzing online right now. Coming as number four, Kanye West has revealed why he doesn't like to smile and no, its not because he is unhappy. Weve already learned that his wife Kim Kar

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2015年

HEALTH REPORT - Fetal Skin Cells May Treat Burns By Caty Weaver Broadcast: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 I'm Shep O'Neal with the VOA Special English Health Report. A method tested in Switzerland may

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

UN's 'Every Woman Every Child' Program Saves Lives A year ago, the United Nations launched a global campaign called Every Woman, Every Child, a public health project aimed at reducing the number of women dying from pregnancy and childbirth-related co

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

今天我们要学的词是hunch。 Hunch, 直觉。I have a hunch that he won't show up, 我的直觉告诉我他不会来。His reaction reinforced my hunch, 他的反应进一步加深了我的直觉。Call it a hunch, but I am sure he was lying, 也

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight program. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 On

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

The latest data from Chinese health authorities shows around 15-percent of the population in China, or as many as 200-million people in China, suffer from some form of mental health issues. Of them, more than 4-million are believed to be suffering fr

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Topic1 Real-name Registration for Online WritersChinese online literature authors are now required to register with their real names before their works are made available to their readers, according to a recent guideline issued by China's media watch

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Everyone knows that caffeine keeps a person up all night. But for some people, caffeine is the doctors order for good, or the better word may be safe, sleep. Sleep apnea, a sleep disorder in which a persons breathing periodically stops for brief peri

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16