纸牌屋第一季 第147期:天堂和地狱都不会有安慰
时间:2018-12-07 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季
英语课
Is, uh, Birch here yet? He's waiting outside.
波茨来了吗,正在外面等着
Well, cancel the meeting. Tell him something came up.
取消会面,跟他说我有其他事
I don't want to feed the frenzy 1. Yes, sir.
我不想再生气了,是,先生
Give me the private line, please.
转到私人专线
There are three satellite trucks on my street.
现在我家外面有三辆卫星新闻车
I'm trapped in my own home.
我被困在家里了
Somebody in the scheduling office fucked up.
行程办公室的某个人搞砸了
Are you seriously considering Birch?
你真的在考虑波茨吗
Absolutely not.
当然没有
We are losing control of the process, Garrett.
局面有点失控,加莱特
Every time I've spoken to you, you've never spoken back.
每次我跟你说话,都得不到回应
Although given our mutual 2 disdain 3,
尽管我们相互鄙视对方
I can't blame you for the silent treatment.
我也不能责怪你的沉默
Perhaps I'm speaking to the wrong audience.
也许我选错了听众
Can you hear me?
那你能听到吗
Are you even capable of language,
你会说话吗
or do you only understand depravity?
还是你只知道堕落
Peter, is that you?
彼得,是你吗
Stop hiding in my thoughts and come out.
别躲在我脑子里了,出来吧
Have the courage in death that you never had in life.
拿出你活着时从来没拿出的勇气
Come out, look me in the eye and say what you need to say.
出来吧,看着我,说出你想说的话
There is no solace 4 above or below.
天堂和地狱都不会有安慰
Only us... Small, solitary 5,
只有我们… 渺小的,孤独的
striving, battling one another.
挣扎的,彼此斗争
I pray to myself, for myself.
我为自己,向自己祈祷
Hello?
喂
Who is it?
哪位
My lawyer said I shouldn't be talking to you.
我的律师让我不要跟你讲话
Mine said the same thing. I'm not gonna change my mind, Claire.
我的也是,我不会改主意的,克莱尔
I made a mistake. I got upset, and I acted impulsively 6.
我犯了个错误,我很难过,然后冲动了
I was the one who made the mistake
我才是犯错的人
by partnering with you in the first place.
我一开始就不该和你合作
Well, then, can we please both admit
那我们能不能都承认
that it wasn't meant to be, and we can find an amicable 7 way...
这是个意外,而且我们可以用友好的方式…
No, we can't. What do you want?
不能,你想怎样
To send a message.
做个声明
Organizations like yours get 90% of the grant money,
像你们这样的组织拿着90%的钱
then cozy 8 up to corporate 9 sponsors who destroy the environment.
然后去拍那些破坏环境的赞助公司的马屁
The things you're claiming are lies.
你说的都是谎话
I never mentioned your pregnancy 10.
我从来没提过你怀孕的事
I got in touch with Evelyn Baxter.
我和伊芙琳·巴克斯联系过了
Remember her? We had a long conversation.
还记得她吗,我们谈了很多
It seems that you have a history of axing people who disagree with you.
似乎你一直都喜欢裁掉那些与你意见不合的人
She'll be testifying on my behalf.
她会为我作证的
So will eight of the people that you made her fire.
你炒掉的那八个人也会
If you want an apology, I'm here to offer you one,
如果你想要道歉的话,我现在就可以给你
and to give you whatever you think is fair.
然后你提什么条件都可以
This case is gonna get national attention because of who you're married to.
由于你丈夫的身份,这个案子会得到全国的关注
I'll have a platform to say what I want to say.
我要得到一个可以自由发言的平台
That's worth more than anything you could offer.
这是你所无法提供的
Listen, I know we have different philosophies,
听着,我知道我们有不同的原则
but what we're trying to achieve is exactly the same thing.
但我们的目的是一样的
We shouldn't be fighting each other.
我们不应该相互对抗
Do you feel that? The kicking?
你感受到了吗,孩子在踢?
1 frenzy
n.疯狂,狂热,极度的激动
- He was able to work the young students up into a frenzy.他能激起青年学生的狂热。
- They were singing in a frenzy of joy.他们欣喜若狂地高声歌唱。
2 mutual
adj.相互的,彼此的;共同的,共有的
- We must pull together for mutual interest.我们必须为相互的利益而通力合作。
- Mutual interests tied us together.相互的利害关系把我们联系在一起。
3 disdain
n.鄙视,轻视;v.轻视,鄙视,不屑
- Some people disdain labour.有些人轻视劳动。
- A great man should disdain flatterers.伟大的人物应鄙视献媚者。
4 solace
n.安慰;v.使快乐;vt.安慰(物),缓和
- They sought solace in religion from the harshness of their everyday lives.他们日常生活很艰难,就在宗教中寻求安慰。
- His acting career took a nosedive and he turned to drink for solace.演艺事业突然一落千丈,他便借酒浇愁。
5 solitary
adj.孤独的,独立的,荒凉的;n.隐士
- I am rather fond of a solitary stroll in the country.我颇喜欢在乡间独自徜徉。
- The castle rises in solitary splendour on the fringe of the desert.这座城堡巍然耸立在沙漠的边际,显得十分壮美。
6 impulsively
adv.冲动地
- She leant forward and kissed him impulsively. 她倾身向前,感情冲动地吻了他。
- Every good, true, vigorous feeling I had gathered came impulsively round him. 我的一切良好、真诚而又强烈的感情都紧紧围绕着他涌现出来。
7 amicable
adj.和平的,友好的;友善的
- The two nations reached an amicable agreement.两国达成了一项友好协议。
- The two nations settled their quarrel in an amicable way.两国以和睦友好的方式解决了他们的争端。
8 cozy
adj.亲如手足的,密切的,暖和舒服的
- I like blankets because they are cozy.我喜欢毛毯,因为他们是舒适的。
- We spent a cozy evening chatting by the fire.我们在炉火旁聊天度过了一个舒适的晚上。