纸牌屋第一季 第88期:我要竞选州长
时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季
英语课
You gonna be there? Wasn't planning on it.
你会出席吗,没这个打算
I'd like you to be there.
我希望你能去
Everybody respects you.
大家都尊敬你
Want me to vouch 1 for you?
想让我为你做担保
Listen, I'm gonna tell you something that
听着,告诉你一件事
only a handful of people know.
只有少数几个人知道
纸牌屋第1季.jpg
I'm running for governor.
我要竞选州长
I announce soon.
不久就要宣布了
But I need the association behind me before I do that.
但在此之前,我需要造船厂协会的支持
Now, I know I let you down with the shipyard.
我知道,造船厂的事我让你们失望了
But if I win a governor's race,
但如果我成功当选州长
I can get everything back on track.
我就能让一切重回正轨
You show up on my doorstep asking for my forgiveness.
你跑到我家来,求我原谅你
Now you want me to be your lapdog after I lost my fucking job?
我都失业了,你想让我给你当宠物狗
This watershed 2 bill is just the beginning.
这份流域法案仅仅是个开始
If I'm governor, there's so much I can do.
如果我当上州长,我能做更多
It's bullshit. You just want to use me.
都是胡说,你就是想利用我
It's not like that.
不是那样的
Yeah. It's exactly like that.
就是这么回事
Jesus Christ, Pete.
老天呐,彼得
You fucking politicians.
你们这群该死的政客
Paul.
保罗
Claire.
克莱尔
I didn't realize you and Frank were staying here.
没想到你和弗兰克也住这里
We always stay here when we're in Charleston.
每次来查尔斯顿我们都住这里
You know that, Remy.
你知道的,雷米
The '08 campaign.
08年竞选
I promise it was a coincidence
我发誓这纯属巧合
my assistant booked it.
是我助理订的
Is, uh, Frank around?
弗兰克在吗
He's not. He's off cavorting 3 with old classmates.
他不在,去和老同学狂欢了
You want to sit down and have a drink?
过来坐下喝一杯吗
They booked me the bridal suite 4.
他们给我订了蜜月套房
There's champagne 5 on ice.
有冰镇香槟
My, my, you've grown very confident
天啊,自从离开了弗兰西斯
since you worked for Francis.
你变得很自信啊
I've always been confident, Claire.
我一直很自信,克莱尔
Oh, you never would have invited me upstairs.
要是从前,你可绝不会邀我上楼
Never had the bridal suite.
以前没住过蜜月套房
The staff always stayed in the Best Western
员工都住在四个街区外的
four blocks away.
贝斯特韦斯特酒店
Enjoy your champagne.
好好享用你的香槟吧
I wasn't suggesting anything more than a drink.
只是约你喝杯酒,绝没别的意思
Weren't you?
是吗
Purely 6 being polite.
纯属礼貌之举
Good night, Remy.
晚安,雷米
The bridal suite's on the top floor
蜜月套房在最顶层
at the end of the hallway,
走廊的尽头
if you change your mind.
随时欢迎你
Good night, Claire.
晚安,克莱尔
I know a girl upon a hill
山上有个姑娘
I know a girl all dressed in pink
穿着粉红衣裳
She made my... Fingers stink 7
她害得我 满手味儿
Sound off, oowah
奏起军乐
Make it loud
大声唱
3, 4! Yeah!
三,四,到了
Here you go.
过来吧
Hey, Kenny, I think you got a little too big for this.
肯尼,我看你胖了一圈,钻不过来了
I think the hole got a lot smaller.
是洞变小了
Don't let a little girth stop you.
别让腰围阻挡你的脚步
Here it is. Look, look, look.
到了,快看,快看
Oh, oh, you found it, killer 8.
好家伙,你找到了
Oh, wow, look at that.
快看
Oh, Shenandoah
噢,仙纳度
I long to hear you
我多想听到你声音
Far away you rolling river
波涛翻滚,流向远方
Oh, Shenandoah
噢,仙纳度
Just to be near you
只求靠近你
Far away
绵延向前
Around the way
汹涌远去
Cross the wide Missouri
跨越广阔的密苏里
v.担保;断定;n.被担保者
- They asked whether I was prepared to vouch for him.他们问我是否愿意为他作担保。
- I can vouch for the fact that he is a good worker.我保证他是好员工。
n.转折点,分水岭,分界线
- Our marriage was at a watershed.我们的婚姻到了一个转折关头。
- It forms the watershed between the two rivers.它成了两条河流的分水岭。
v.跳跃( cavort的现在分词 )
- The photos showed her cavorting on the beach with her new lover. 这些照片展现了她和新情人在海滩上放荡嬉戏的情景。
- If her heart would only stop bumping and drumming and cavorting. 要是她那颗心停止冲撞、轰鸣、急跳,那该多舒服啊! 来自飘(部分)
n.一套(家具);套房;随从人员
- She has a suite of rooms in the hotel.她在那家旅馆有一套房间。
- That is a nice suite of furniture.那套家具很不错。
n.香槟酒;微黄色
- There were two glasses of champagne on the tray.托盘里有两杯香槟酒。
- They sat there swilling champagne.他们坐在那里大喝香槟酒。
adv.纯粹地,完全地
- I helped him purely and simply out of friendship.我帮他纯粹是出于友情。
- This disproves the theory that children are purely imitative.这证明认为儿童只会单纯地模仿的理论是站不住脚的。
vi.发出恶臭;糟透,招人厌恶;n.恶臭
- The stink of the rotten fish turned my stomach.腐烂的鱼臭味使我恶心。
- The room has awful stink.那个房间散发着难闻的臭气。