纸牌屋第一季 第149期:瑞秋在哪?
时间:2019-02-26 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季
英语课
I'm not trying to dissuade 1 you,
我不是想劝你放弃
but please make sure you think long and hard before you decide.
但在你做决定之前一定要慎重考虑
But it's possible?
还是有可能的吧
Assuming you and your husband fit all the criteria 2?
如果你和你丈夫都符合条件的话
Yes, it's possible.
对,有可能
Okay.
好
What? Well, that's hardly my problem.
什么? 那不是我的问题
No, you get on it. It's...
不,你去解决,它…
I have to call you back. What is it?
我一会再打给你,什么事?
Sancorp's stock.
看桑可柏公司的股票
It's up 35% in the last four hours.
在最近四个小时里涨了35%
It's all over the financial news.
所有的财经新闻都在报道
Tusk 3 is making a play.
塔斯克在耍我们
Get Remy on the phone.
接通雷米的电话
Congressman 4 Underwood on line three.
安德伍德议员在三号线
I was just about to call you.
我正要打给你呢
I need to meet with Tusk before he sees the President tonight.
我必须在塔斯克今晚见总统之前先去见他
He's already here. At the White House?
他已经来了,他在白宫?
He decided 5 to come in a few hours early.
他决定提前来了
His plane landed half an hour ago.
他的飞机半个小时前到的
Do you know where he is? I don't know.
你知道他在哪儿吗,不知道
He had his own car pick him up. I just found out.
他有自己的专车,我查不到
Remy's not in his office. I left word there and on his cell.
雷米不在办公室,我在他手机上留言了
Look, you need to call me the moment you know where he is.
你一查到他的下落,就马上打给我
Okay.
好
It's just the lunch menu right now. I hope that's okay.
现在只有午餐的菜单,没问题吧
Yeah. That's fine.
嗯,没关系
Your server will be with you shortly.
你们的服务员马上就过来
Is Rachel working?
瑞秋在上班吗
Uh, no. I don't think she's scheduled till Sunday.
没有,她应该周日才来
Stephanie will be with you this afternoon.
今天下午是斯提芬妮招待你们
Thanks.
谢谢
Should we come back Sunday?
我们是不是周日再来
I'll be right back.
我去一下
Excuse me. Can I help you with something?
不好意思,您需要帮忙吗
Yeah. I was just looking for the bathroom.
对,我在找洗手间
Unless you want to use the restroom in the office.
如果你愿意,可以用我办公室的洗手间
Who are you calling? Rachel.
你在给谁打电话,瑞秋
Rachel Posner?
是瑞秋·波斯纳吗
My name is Zoe Barnes.
我是佐伊·巴恩
I'm a reporter at slugline.com.
斯莱格新闻网站的记者
I know about Peter Russo.
我知道彼得·拉索的事
Rachel?
瑞秋?
Come on, Rachel.
拜托了,瑞秋
You shouldn't have mentioned Russo.
你不该提拉索
She'll write back. I wouldn't if I was her.
她会回我的,要是我就不回
v.劝阻,阻止
- You'd better dissuade him from doing that.你最好劝阻他别那样干。
- I tried to dissuade her from investing her money in stocks and shares.我曾设法劝她不要投资于股票交易。
n.标准
- The main criterion is value for money.主要的标准是钱要用得划算。
- There are strict criteria for inclusion in the competition.参赛的标准很严格。
n.獠牙,长牙,象牙
- The wild boar had its tusk sunk deeply into a tree and howled desperately.野猪的獠牙陷在了树里,绝望地嗥叫着。
- A huge tusk decorated the wall of his study.他书房的墙上装饰着一支巨大的象牙。
n.(美)国会议员
- He related several anecdotes about his first years as a congressman.他讲述自己初任议员那几年的几则轶事。
- The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。