时间:2019-02-26 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季


英语课

   You know what I like about people?


  你知道我喜欢人哪一点吗
  They stack so well.
  会排队
  Let me get this for you.
  我来收拾吧
  Want the paper? No.
  报纸还要吗,不了
  This is too much.
  太多了
  It's not half enough.
  差得远呢
  纸牌屋第一季.jpg
  Thanks for opening up for me.
  谢谢你为我开店
  Any time, day or night. You know that.
  你知道我随时欢迎你来
  In a town where everyone's so carefully reinventing themselves,
  这个城市的每个人都在精心地改头换面
  what I like about Freddy
  而弗莱迪的可贵之处
  is that he doesn't even pretend to change.
  就是他甚至不装作要改变
  Ooh. I'm late.
  我要迟到了
  Every Tuesday I sit down with the speaker and the majority leader
  我每周二都会和议长及多数党领袖一起
  to discuss the week's agenda.
  商讨一周的事宜
  Well, discuss is probably the wrong word.
  说是"商讨"可能不太准确
  They talk while I sit quietly
  他们谈话,而我安静地坐着
  and imaging their lightly salted faces frying in a skillet.
  想象他们淡腌过的脸在煎锅中炸
  Vasquez must be shitting herself.
  瓦斯奎兹肯定吓得拉裤子了
  Shitting herself, when Walker is shitting himself
  别说她,沃克肯定也是
  and shoveling his shit on her shit.
  俩人的屎都摞一起了
  Bob, I'm planning on eating.
  鲍勃,我还想吃东西呢
  Do we have a backup on the docket?
  有备用的法案吗
  You're on that, right, Frank?
  你在处理吧,弗兰克
  Yeah, I'm working with my staff
  是的,我和我的团队...
  Republicans are gonna ram 1 this up our ass 2.
  共和党会为此对我们穷追烂打
  I would if I was them.
  换了我也会这么做
  Why, even if we squeak 3 it through the house,
  就算众议院勉强通过
  watch them mangle 4 it in the senate.
  参议院也会百般刁难
  Or filibuster 5.
  或阻挠议事
  Why, sure, if it looks anything like this...
  好吧,如果是那样...
  I don't know why Walker's
  我不明白沃克为什么
  trying to tackle a charging elephant.
  要对付一头横冲直撞的大象
  It's madness.
  真是疯了
  Congressmen, sorry to interrupt,
  各位议员,抱歉打扰了
  but I saw you sitting over here
  我看见你们在这儿
  Remy. Gentlemen, this is Remy Danton.
  雷米,两位 ,这是雷米·丹顿
  Remy, this is Speaker Birch and Congress
  雷米,这位是博奇议长和鲍勃...
  I'm well aware. Mr. Speaker, Congressman 6.
  我知道,议长先生,议员先生
  Remy just made partner at Glendon Hill.
  雷米刚成为格兰顿希尔的合伙人
  Glendon Hill? Great team over there.
  格兰顿希尔可挺不错啊
  Congratulations. Thank you.
  恭喜,谢谢
  When was the last time they added a partner?
  有多久没提拔合伙人了
  It's been a while.
  挺久了
  Well, they know a winner when they see one.
  他们一看就知道谁是好手
  Remy was the best press secretary I ever had.
  雷米是我手下最好的新闻发言人
  Why did you let him go?
  那你怎么放他走了
  I didn't. They stole him away.
  我没有,他们把他挖走了
  What accounts do you have?
  你们有哪些客户
  San Corp Industries is my main one.
  桑科工业是我的主要客户
  I run that account now.
  我负责他们公司
  Anyhow, I'll let you get back to it.
  好了,那我就先走了
  Sorry again to interrupt.
  再次抱歉打扰了
  No problem.
  没关系
  Very nice to meet you both.
  很高兴见到二位
  Nice. Lobbyists keep getting younger and younger.
  真好,说客越来越年轻了
  He's probably making more than all of us combined.
  他挣得大概比我们加起来还多
  Gentlemen, this one's on me.
  先生们,这顿算我的
  I'm gonna track down that check.
  我去买单
  Glendon Hill fronts San Corp Industries.
  格兰顿希尔为桑科工业做说客
  San Corp is deep into natural gas.
  桑科的天然气做得有声有色
  I don't give a hoot 7 about natural gas,
  但我才不在乎天然气
  but I have 67 deputy whips,
  我有67位副手
  and they all need cash to win races.
  他们都需要钱来赢得竞选
  San Corp helps me purchase loyalty 8,
  桑科帮我买到了忠诚
  and in return they expect mine.
  也指望我以忠心相报
  It's degrading, I know,
  我知道这很下作
  but when the tit's that big,
  但利润如此丰厚
  everybody gets in line.
  谁都想分一杯羹
  Tell them I'm on top of it.
  告诉他们一切尽在掌握之中
  I need more than that.
  这可打发不了我
  You are well aware that I do not drop the ball on things like this, Remy.
  你知道我不会在这种事上犯错,雷米
  Promises, Frank.
  你的承诺,弗兰克
  Secretary of State, Argentine and off shore drilling contracts
  当选国务卿,阿根廷的近海开采合同
  Talk to me when I've solved the problem.
  我解决问题之后再谈
  Don't waste my time when I'm working on solving the problem.
  现在别浪费我的时间
  When there's billions on the line,
  事关数十亿资金
  You can't not call me back.
  你不能不回我电话
  I can't not show up.
  我也不能做鸵鸟
  Fine. Thank you for your diligence.
  好吧,多谢费心
  Eight figures to you and the D triple C.
  我们捐了上千万给民主党竞选委员会
  6 million to build that library of yours in your name.
  以你命名的图书馆花了六百万
  I know.
  我知道
  Don't make them throw money at your challenger next cycle.
  别逼得他们下回去资助你的对手
  You've made your point.
  你说得很清楚了
  Have I? I hope so.
  是吗,希望如此
  Such a waste of talent.
  真是浪费啊
  He chose money over power
  为了钱而放弃权力
  In this town, a mistake nearly everyone makes.
  这个城市里,几乎人人都犯了这个错
  Money is the McMansion in Sarasota
  金钱是萨拉索塔的巨无霸豪宅
  that starts falling apart after ten years.
  保质期就只有十年
  Power is the old stone building
  权力是古老的石砌建筑
  that stands for centuries.
  能屹立数百年
  I cannot respect someone who doesn't see the difference.
  我要怎么尊重这都不懂的人

(random access memory)随机存取存储器
  • 512k RAM is recommended and 640k RAM is preferred.推荐配置为512K内存,640K内存则更佳。
n.驴;傻瓜,蠢笨的人
  • He is not an ass as they make him.他不象大家猜想的那样笨。
  • An ass endures his burden but not more than his burden.驴能负重但不能超过它能力所负担的。
n.吱吱声,逃脱;v.(发出)吱吱叫,侥幸通过;(俚)告密
  • I don't want to hear another squeak out of you!我不想再听到你出声!
  • We won the game,but it was a narrow squeak.我们打赢了这场球赛,不过是侥幸取胜。
vt.乱砍,撕裂,破坏,毁损,损坏,轧布
  • New shoes don't cut,blister,or mangle his feet.新鞋子不会硌脚、起泡或让脚受伤。
  • Mangle doesn't increase the damage of Maul and Shred anymore.裂伤不再增加重殴和撕碎的伤害。
n.妨碍议事,阻挠;v.阻挠
  • A senator dragged the subject in as a filibuster.一个参议员硬把这个题目拉扯进来,作为一种阻碍议事的手法。
  • The democrats organized a filibuster in the senate.民主党党员在参议院上组织了阻挠议事。
n.(美)国会议员
  • He related several anecdotes about his first years as a congressman.他讲述自己初任议员那几年的几则轶事。
  • The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。
n.鸟叫声,汽车的喇叭声; v.使汽车鸣喇叭
  • The sudden hoot of a whistle broke into my thoughts.突然响起的汽笛声打断了我的思路。
  • In a string of shrill hoot of the horn sound,he quickly ran to her.在一串尖声鸣叫的喇叭声中,他快速地跑向她。
n.忠诚,忠心
  • She told him the truth from a sense of loyalty.她告诉他真相是出于忠诚。
  • His loyalty to his friends was never in doubt.他对朋友的一片忠心从来没受到怀疑。
标签: 纸牌屋 美剧
学英语单词
-phasia
advanced rural transportation system
ancillary resources
andrologia
arcus frontalis
bacteriomes
battlestars
betula populifolias
Big, large,
Castiglioncello
CC (channel controller)
chinne
Chlormuron-ethyl
chromospheric bubble
close in for the kill
colloidal graphite for fibre glass
conjunctive proposition
Cruikshank
delete capability
disassure
double heterojunction diode
electronic ceramic device
fat vacuole
follicular hydrops
footpad
formals
fourvey
fruitbat
Fua'amotu
geochemical dispersion
glaucarubin
green water deck wetness
grid plate characteristics
inch-meal
inference procedure
intermediate frequency signal
irregular nature of traffic
jumptv
La Virgen, Cerro
Lagarosolen hispidus
landside slope
lead compensation
lignaloe oil
logic control
logrolling legislation
maunching
mearstone
mincing knife
Mitteleschenbach
mole blade
myrons
narrow-leaved white-topped aster
natural theology
Neonalium
neuroautoimmune
new-land
niche differentiation
No power
occupation forces
octothorpe
out of collar
parthenocarpous fruit
Pedicularis pseudocephalantha
pension program
photoepinasty
polar distribution
Portballintrae
property insured
quasi peak
radiation analyzer
reverse conducting thyristor
Rhogogaster dryas
rubidium indium alum
saouma
Saxifraga aristulata
Simchat Torah
simulation centre
sinusoidal trace
skirt
soil erodibility
sour mushroom
stochastic perturbation
submerged coastal plain
taxed product
telectorate
tephrosia
through phrase
thudding
top-hinged swinging door
truth table reducibility
understudies
UnitName
virtual core
virusin
wavelength plate
wild apples
WILKIE
windowless presenter
withdraw an action
workers' management
working dogs
worth his salt