纸牌屋第一季 第1期:付出与索取
时间:2019-02-26 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季
英语课
Hey, what are you doing?
你干什么
Jesus!
天哪
Did you get a good look?
你看清肇事的车了吗
Blue Toyota Camry, it's all I saw.
只看到是辆蓝色丰田佳美
It's the Wharton's dog.
是沃顿家的狗
Oh, man. He's not gonna make it.
天哪,他撑不了多久了
纸牌屋第一季.jpg
Go see if they're at home.
去看看他们在不在家
It's ok.
没事了
There are two kinds of pain.
痛苦分两种
The sort of pain that makes you strong...
一种让你变得更强...
or useless pain...
另一种毫无价值
The sort of pain that's only suffering.
只是徒添折磨
I have no patience for useless things.
我对没价值的东西也没耐心
Moments like this require someone who will act...
这种时刻,需要有人采取行动
or do the unpleasant thing,
或做一些不好的事
or the necessary thing.
但也是必要的事
There...
好了...
No more pain.
痛苦结束了
It was a hit and run, I'm awfully 1 sorry.
肇事逃逸,我很遗憾
He must have jumped over the fence again.
他肯定又自己跳出了庭院
Look, Steve's gonna file a report on the car,
史蒂夫会就肇事车信息报案
he'll put his people on it.
他会派下属去处理
We'll track him down.
我们会找到那个司机的
You're stunning 2.
你真是光彩照人
Shall we?
我们走吧
Three two...one...
三...二...一...
Happy New Year!
新年快乐
Oh, President elected Garrett Walker.
当选总统,加勒特·沃克
Do I like him? No.
我喜欢他吗,不
Do I believe in him? That's beside the point.
我信任他吗,这不是重点
Any politician that gets 70 million votes
任何一个能获得七千万选票的政客
has tapped into something larger than himself,
他所象征的含义早已超过了自身
larger than even me as much as I hate to admit it.
当然也超过了我,尽管我不愿意承认
Look at that winning smile, those trusting eyes.
看那胜者的笑脸,那些信任的眼神
I clung to him early on, and made myself vital.
我一早便抓住了他,并扮演了重要角色
After 22 years in congress
在国会待了22年
I can smell which way the wind is going.
我能嗅到风头的走向
Jim Matthews, his right honorably VicePresident.
吉姆·马修斯,尊敬的副总统阁下
Former Governor of Pennsylvania.
前宾夕法尼亚州州长
He did his duty in delivering the Keystone State.
他帮总统拿下了宾州
Bless his heart.
上帝保佑他
And now they're about to put him out to pasture.
现在他们要把他晾在一边了
But he looks happy, now doesn't he?
但他看上去挺开心的,不是吗
For some, it's simply the size of the chair.
在有些人看来,就是椅子大点罢了
Linda Vasquez, Walker's chief of staff.
琳达·瓦斯奎兹,沃克的幕僚长
I got her hired. She's a woman, check.
是我找来了她,她是个女人
And a Latina, check.
又是拉丁裔
But more important than that, she's as tough as twodollar steak.
但更重要的是,她像一块廉价牛排一样坚韧
Check, check, check.
样样都符合标准
When it comes to the White House,
要入住白宫
you not only need the keys in your back pocket.
你不仅要揣好钥匙
You need the gatekeeper.
还需要一个看门人
As for me, I'm just a lowly house majority whip.
而我,我只是卑微的众议院多数党党鞭
I keep things moving in a Congress
我维持这个被琐事
choked by pettiness, and lassitude.
和倦怠堵塞的众议院的运转
My job is to clear the pipes, and keep the sludge moving.
我的工作就是疏通管道,让污泥流动
But I won't have to be a plumber 3 much longer. I've done my time.
但我这水管工要退休了,我尽了职责
I backed the right man.
我支持了对的人
Give and take.
付出与索取
Welcome to Washington.
这就是华盛顿
You need a haircut.
你该理发了
You think?
是吗
A little trim.
稍修剪一下
What are you gonna wear?
你准备穿什么
You mean for the meeting? For the announcement.
去会面吗,正式宣布的时候
I'm wearing my navy blue, the one with the pinstripes.
我准备穿海军蓝,带细条纹的那套
Good.
很好
You look handsome in that suit.
那套西服很衬你
adv.可怕地,非常地,极端地
- Agriculture was awfully neglected in the past.过去农业遭到严重忽视。
- I've been feeling awfully bad about it.对这我一直感到很难受。
adj.极好的;使人晕倒的
- His plays are distinguished only by their stunning mediocrity.他的戏剧与众不同之处就是平凡得出奇。
- The finished effect was absolutely stunning.完工后的效果非常美。