21 War-Related Disabilities GLOSSARY veteran a person who served in the military during a war; a person who hascompleted military service * Jakes great-grandfather is a World War II veteran. rewarding giving one a sense of fulfillment and satisfactio

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

AS IT IS 2016-01-29 Boko Haram Dents Chad, Cameroon Economies 博科圣地损害乍得和喀麦隆经济 Attacks from Boko Haram militants are hurting the economies of Chad and northern Cameroon. 博科圣地武装分子的袭击损害了乍得和喀麦

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Topics: American Presidents-Franklin Delano Roosevelt; to be trapped versus to be lodged; to keep it together, to keep a stiff upper lip, and as luck would have it; pardon me Words: to make a name for (oneself) to appoint administrator to run for to

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Famous Buildings/Structures-The Brooklyn Bridge; The Minimum Wage; to speculate versus to deliberate versus to contemplate; holy moly; down-and-dirty Words: suspension bridge marvel on site caisson permanent paralyzed to supervise federal int

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Explanation: When Franklin D. Roosevelt became president of the United States, he said, the only thing we have to fear (or be afraid of) is fear itself. This phrase became very well known and gave inspiration (or hope) to millions of Americans who we

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美国精神

For a lot of people, the distance between their dreams and their reality is intimidating 在很多人看来 梦想和现实之间的差距太吓人 and they get stuck they get paralyzed 他们因此变得无力 不敢往前 just like I was in that ma

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

The funny thing is that just two years after doing this, of going on my own and going into wars, ABC News called me up and offered me a job as a correspondent. I was just about 27; I was the youngest correspondent they hired since they hired Jennings

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Arava, the disabled tortoise is using her new set of wheels to get around in more ways than one. Keepers at the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo say the 10-year-old Spurred Tortoise was fitted with custom wheels to overcome paralysis of her hind legs. The 55-

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

Stem Cells Help Paralyzed Mice Walk From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. 欢迎收听美国之音慢速英语健康与生活方式栏目。 A group of scientists in Israel are researching how to help paralyzed people walk a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

1. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki is striking back against critics in the US. Al-Maliki says Democratic Senators Hillary Clinton and Carl Levin need to come to their senses . Both lawmakers have called for al-Maliki's ouster . 2. The Atlanta Fa

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

今天我们要学的词是cyber attack。 Cyber attack 网络攻击。Web sites of a number of South Korean government agencies were paralyzed by a suspected cyber attack on Wednesday, 韩国很多政府网站星期三陷入瘫痪状态,怀疑是由

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

And you know, we have a society, a world, 你知道,我们的社会,这个世界, that is paralyzed by fear. 已经在恐惧中麻痹。 And in that paralysis, of course, 当然在这麻痹之中, our capacity for compassion is also paralyzed

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

Arava, the disabled tortoise is using her new set of wheels to get around in more ways than one. Keepers at the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo say the 10-year-old Spurred Tortoise was fitted with custom wheels to overcome paralysis of her hind legs. The 55-p

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

The best way to prevent yourself from becoming paralyzed with worry, writes psychiatrist Edward M. Hallowell, is to simply make sure you never worry all by yourself. 精神病学家爱德华M哈洛威尔写道:为了不让自己担心到焦头烂额,

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

节奏布鲁斯:Corbin Bleu - Angel cry 相关介绍 :最近在High School Musical(歌舞青春)1,23取得的巨大成功后,Corbin Bleu拿出了他的第二张专辑,向大家证明他是个多才的艺人,其中的Celebrate you 和 Mo

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 节奏布鲁斯

He is 60 years old. He rode his first motorcycle when he was 13. Since then, he's owned about 20 motorcycles. He's had about 10 accidents. Some of the accidents put him in the hospital. His wife worries about him. I wish you would sell your motorcycl

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Back in 2001, when I was considering running for mayor people told me: Don't do it. 2001年 当我考虑竞选市长时人们都跟我说 算了吧You'll never win The media will tear you apart. 你赢不了的媒体会把你撕得粉碎 You don't kn

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

The best way to prevent yourself from becoming paralyzed with worry, writes psychiatrist Edward M. Hallowell, is to simply make sure you never worry all by yourself.精神病学家爱德华M哈洛威尔写道:为了不让自己担心到焦头烂额,

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 A young boy

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(151) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

听歌学英语:Payphone 记忆里那段被遗忘的旧时光 大家好,这里是可可英语听歌学英语频道,我是Nic。今天要推荐的是一个乐队-Maroon5,中文译名魔力红乐队。来自LA的摇滚乐队,确切一些说是新

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语