By Jill Moss Broadcast: July 7, 2003 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Development Report. When a 1)crisis develops in the world, Doctors Without Borders is usually there to help. This

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(503) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-发展与科学

orchestra-管弦乐队 orderly -整齐的,有秩序的 ore -矿石 organ -器官,机构 organic-有机的,有机物的 organization -团体,组织,机构 organize -组织,使有条理 origin -起源,来源 original-最初的,原来的 ounce -盎司 outcome -结果 outer -外面的,外层的 outlet-出口,

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 用mp3背四级单词

Dialog 1: F:Can foreigners register for US copyright? M: Anyone can register for US copyright if the work was first published in the US. F: so that means publishing my game first in the US. M: To get a US copyright, thats correct. F: and then am I c

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA 商务英语

Improving your Memory 增强记忆力的方法 Psychological research has focused on a number of basic principles that help memory: meaningfulness, organization, association, and visualization. It is

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Influenza and Bird Flu By Broadcast: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And I'm Bob Doug

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

A: Hello, is this Mr. Wallace? B: Yes, this is Mr. Wallace. A: Mr. Wallace, this is the Xenon Company. B: Oh, hello, how are you doing? A: Mr. Wallace, we were very pleased with your interview and would like to offer you the position. B: Wonderful! I

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

AGRICULTURE REPORT - Bird Flu Update By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Chicken farmers in the northeastern Unit

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

You know, Jerry provided a lot of different obstacles for me but at the same time the guy gave me an opportunity to perform at the highest level in terms of basketball. The Bulls, the whole Bulls organization, you know, they did a great adjustments f

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

It's been 10 years now since the attacks on September 11, 2001 that killed thousands in America. For families and friends of those killed, the pain is still raw. However, the tragedy has proved a catalyst for one organization to rise out of the rubbl

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

1. Get an organization chart 要组织机构图 A: Can I get an organization chart ? B: Did you get any authorization for this? A: Do I need to? B: No. I was just kidding. I'll get you a copy right away. A:我能要一张组织机构图吗? B:你有审批单吗? A:真

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

bereave,v 使丧失(亲人,从而感到寂寞)=deprive=dispossess 【例】Illness bereaved her of her husband 疾病夺去了她的丈夫。 【记】reave(v 剥夺,抢走)-抢夺掉-丧失

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 不择手段背单词

知识管理常见词汇 组织学习(Organizational Learning) 学习经济(Learning Economy) 学习社会(Learning Society) 学习型组织(Learning Organization) 第五项修炼(The Fifth Discipline) 标竿学习(Benchmarking) 单圈学习(Single-Loop Learning) 双圈学习(Double-Loop Le

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: September 20, 2003 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, In the News. Countries of 1)the World Trade Organization failed to reach agreement early this we

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(224) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-教育与新闻

白宫:美国正在帮助寻找尼日利亚被绑架的女孩 WASHINGTON, May 5 (Xinhua) -- The United States is assisting the Nigerian government to find and free some 200 schoolgirls abducted by militants, the White House said on Monday. U.S. ass

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi has hailed the achievements of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, or SCO, since its establishment 15 years ago. He has also presented a five-point proposal to further its development. Wang made the proposal to tac

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Mass demonstrations mirroring the so-called Occupy demonstrations in the United States have been sweeping across major world cities this weekend. CRI's Su Yi has the details. The protests around the world come, in part, in response to calls from the

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

每个雇员都有五种可以利用的权力资源,是哪五种呢?好好估量一下自己潜在的权力资源,然后想一想,在工作中可以怎样去好好利用这五大权利,解决职场中遇到的问题。 Every employee has fi

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Q:Can you sell yourself in two minutes? Go for it. (你能在两分钟內自我推荐吗?大胆试试吧!) A:With my qualifications and experience, I feel I am hardworking, responsible and diligent in any project I undertake. Your organizat

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Wikitongues Seeks to Save Worlds Dying Languages Experts say there are about 6,500 languages spoken throughout the world. But the United Nations estimates that about half of these languages are in danger of disappearing. The U.N. cultural agency, or

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Numerous media outlets across Asia have held a workshop at this year's Bo'ao Forum for Asia in Hainan. Media companies from China, Turkey, South Korea and five other countries have come together to discuss cross-border and trans-regional communicatio

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台