Rachel: So, Steven, you're from Costa Rica, and I've heard it's an amazingly beautiful country, and I've seen some of pictures you've shown us in class. Do you get a lot of tourists going? Steven: In Costa Rica we are considered one of the most impor

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Food Colors: Natural or Not? The color of food can send important messages about its quality. Now, many food companies, including McDonalds and Kelloggs, say they will stop adding artificial colors to their products. McDonalds announced in September

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(175) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

I love mountains. I much prefer them to every other kind of natural feature. They are much better than the sea, beaches, deserts, etc. Mountains are so cool. They rise up so high into the sky. I cant stop looking at mountains, wherever I am in the wo

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

1. Where does the man want to go? A. to the science museum B. to the art museum C. to the natural history museum 2. How much is the train ride? A. a dollar fifteen B. a dollar forty C. a dollar fifty 3. Where should the man get on the train? A. platf

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

From VOA Learning English, this is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in Special English. Im Bob Doughty. And Im Faith Lapidus. Today, we tell about a woman who can use signals from her brain to move a robotic arm. We tell about efforts to develop an experimental g

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Todd: What do you think about the zoo? Dianna: I like to go to the zoo. I like to give all the animals names, like Bert the Giraffe, but I wish the animals didn't have to be in the zoo, but I think it is good when zoos save animals, and help to make

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Victoria Switzer and her husband, Jim, are building what they hoped would be their retirement home in the rural hamlet of Dimock, Pennsylvania, in the eastern U.S. When Cabot Oil Gas offered a lease for the natural gas under their land a few years ag

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

提高新托福口语分数的8大黄金指南 新托福考试口语提高黄金指南1: Practice wherever you can and whenever you can. Any practice is good, whether you speak to someone who is a native English speaker or not。 随时随地练习托

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

今天我们要学的词是diplomacy。 Diplomacy, 是外交的意思。韩国新总统李明博上任后,马上展开外交行动。He started his energy diplomacy by holding a series of summits with leaders from natural resource-rich countries, 他

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Reflection on Natural Disasters 1. 最近国内外灾害不断发生,这些灾害引起了我们对于自然所做的行为的再一次思考。 2. 你是如何看待自然灾害的? 3. 我们应该采取哪些措施来尽可能避免这些灾害和

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

When Emerson poetically noted that mosses favor the north sides of trees (The moss upon the forest bark, was pole-star when the night was dark) 当埃默森富有诗意地谈到苔藓喜欢生长在树木的北侧的时候(在漆黑的夜晚,树干

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

23 The Richness of Being 第二十三章 丰富多彩的生命 Here and there in the Natural History Museum in London, 在伦敦自然史博物馆的很多地方, built into recesses along the underlit corridors or standing between glass cases of m

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Mr Phelps began writing groundbreaking models of the labour market in 1966. 1966年,菲尔普斯开始构建开创性的劳动力市场模型。 A year later, Friedman gave what became the canonical criticism of the old way of thinking in an addres

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

随着我们国家的工业化水平逐步提高,我们也面临一个重大的问题:环境污染。有没有在出门前总要查一下几天的空气污染指数?近日,中科院对外发布了一份《中国宜居城市研究报告》,在

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

LOS ANGELES, April 18 (Xinhua) -- Sugarcane(甘蔗) has the effect of cooling temperatures(温度) , thus playing role in stemming global warming, a new study has found. Sugarcane does so by reflecting sunlight back into space and by lowering the

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Dr. Wangari Muta Maathai was born in 1940 in a village in Kenya. In 2004, she became the first African woman to receive the Nobel Peace Prize. The judges valued her contribution to sustainable development, democracy and peace. She was also a member o

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介

Lesson 256 The fish is rich in oil. 1.The fish is rich in oil.这种鱼脂肪很多。 2.This area is rich in coal.这一地区蕴藏着丰富的煤矿。 3.It's rich in natural resources.这里自然资源丰富。 4.He's rich in experiences.他经历

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛傻瓜机口语极短句

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight. Im Rebekah Schipper. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Voice 1 Do you ever think about time? What is it? You cannot touch it, smell it or taste it. But you cannot escape it. Time is all around us. We or

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

China's top oil and gas producer said overseas operations will take a much larger share of its overall output as the company continues to expand abroad. The China National Petroleum Corp or CNPC produced around 110 million tonnes of oil equivalent th

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Ya?l: Today on A Moment of Science, global warming . . . D: Uhm, right . . . Y: That's your cue, Don. D: I know, Ya?l . . . but . . . Y: What's wrong? D: Well, we're a science program, right? And I know that the accepted scientific wisdom is that hum

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16