I love mountains. I much prefer them to every other kind of natural feature. They are much better than the sea, beaches, deserts, etc. Mountains are so cool. They rise up so high into the sky. I cant stop looking at mountains, wherever I am in the wo

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-M

The International Day for Biological Diversity, sometimes called World Biodiversity Day, is a United Nations holiday based on biodiversity issues. It started in 1993 and is held on May 22. This is the date of the Rio Earth Summit of 1992. This was a

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

Zoo Awareness Day (ZAD) is a day on which people question the place and value of zoos in the twenty-first century. It is organized by the Captive Animals'Protection Society (CAPS), which says zoos are mainly for tourism rather than protecting animals

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

The International Day for Biological Diversity, sometimes called World Biodiversity Day, is a United Nations holiday based on biodiversity issues. It started in 1993 and is held on May 22. This is the date of the Rio Earth Summit of 1992. This was a

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 世界节假日博览

Every year on the 23rd of March, the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) celebrates World Meteorological Day (WMD). This is the date in 1950 that the WMO was created. A year later, it became a specialized agency of the United Nations to observe t

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Now Your Turn SAMPLE DIALOG A:Its a great get-together! I had a great time. B:Wow.you cant speak clearly or walk steadily.Can you drive home? A:No problem.I drive better under the influence of alcohol. B:Well.Youve had too much dr

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

What do they mean when they say that it's a choice? 当这些人说同性恋是个选择的时候,他们想表达什么? This is one of those places where the orientation-activity distinction actually comes in handy. 在这种情况下,性取向和

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美名人演讲

Welcome to East Timor, one of the world's newest countries, and for the intrepid few, an emerging tourism destination with unspoiled natural beauty. And I just booked two weeks' holiday here. I went for three or four dives and I think it took us 36 h

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Packaging a person A person, like a commodity, needs packaging. But going too far is absolutely undesirable. A little exaggeration, however, does no harm when it shows the persons unique qualities to their advantage. To display personal charm in a ca

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语背诵80篇

Scientists found a prehistoric ancestor of an arrow worm among a group of fossils at two national parks in Canada. The fossils were found in what is now British Columbia, but was once an ocean. The sea worm was 10 centimeters long and had 50 spines o

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

time hull insurance 船舶定期保险 marine insurance 海损保险 maritime transportation insurance 海洋运输保险 fire insurance 火险 cargo insurance 货物保险 compulsory insurance 强制保

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

新gre作文写作考察考生完成题目过程中是否能够融合批判性思维和分析写作能力,以下是gre考试写作部分issue的优秀写作实例,通过这些优秀范文或是习作,考生可以借鉴里面的短语、句子或思

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

The Rock Cycles 岩石循环 Many people know what the water cycle is, but how about the rock cycle? 许多人都知道水循环,那岩石循环呢? Did you know that rocks also have a cycle? 你知道岩石也有循环吗? The rock cycle expla

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第10册

Land 土地 People need land for many different reasons. 人们需要土地的理由各不相同。 They find natural resources on land. 他们在土地中寻找自然资源。 They build houses on land. 他们在土地上建房子。 They try to get

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第2册

We meet in the night in the Spanish caf 那夜,我们相遇在西班牙咖啡馆 I look in your eyes just don't know what to say 望着你的双眸 心有千言竟无语 It feels like I'm drowning in salty water 泪水已令我尽陷沉溺 A few hour

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

蓝调天后的唯美新单:Katie Melua - The Flood 英国爵士蓝调歌手Katie Melua拥有一种独特的嗓音,柔媚复古,性感妖娆。这首The Flood是今年她推出的新单曲,声线飘渺流畅,优美得让人想飘起来。MV也

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. When is a plant considered a weed? Experts at Penn State University have a simple answer: When the undesirable qualities outweigh the good qualities. Consider that crops generally produce several hu

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

AS IT IS 2015-03-19 How Should the World Protect Itself from Natural Disasters? 世界应该怎样保护自己免受自然灾害? How should the world protect itself from natural disasters and climate change? And who should be paying for this kind of

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

One-Third of U.S. Counties Have More Deaths than Births 美国有三分之一的县的死亡率超过出生率 Recently, we reported on the importance of counties in the United States. 最近我们就美国郡县的重要性进行了报道。 Today w

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(326) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

AS IT IS 2014-10-14 US Satellites to Help Southeast Asia with Climate Change 美国卫星帮助东南亚应对气候变化挑战 Satellite imagery from the United States is expected to soon begin helping about 60 million people in the Lower Mekong Ri

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十)月