Monsters! 有怪兽! by Kevin Lustig From time to time, animals are born with mutations like extra limbs, strange deformities, or even additional heads. In ancient Rome, this frightful event was believed to be an omen that bad things were on the

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

Two new cases of H7N9 Avian Influenza were reported in Zhejiang yesterday. One of those infected has reportedly already died. Meanwhile, hospital sources in Jiangsu are reporting the five patients confirmed to be infected in that province are not sho

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Two new cases of H7N9 Avian Influenza were reported in Zhejiang yesterday. One of those infected has reportedly already died. Meanwhile, hospital sources in Jiangsu are reporting the five patients confirmed to be infected in that province are not sho

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

First up today, we are heading over to Asia, specifically to the East China Sea. You can see it coming up here on this map in just a moment, on one side of it, there is China, on the other side, Japan. There is a chain of islands in the East China Se

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(八)月

White lions are roaming the African plains once again. Over the past decades, few sightings were reported of these rare big cats in their natural environments. And South African white lions could only be seen in breeding programs and circuses. Now t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

He became rather technical; spoke of the abnormal endocrine co-ordination which made men grow so slowly; postulated a germinal mutation to account for it. 他相当专门化地谈起了使人生长迟缓的内分泌失调问题,并提出萌芽期突变

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 美丽新世界

Welcome to This I believe, an NPR series presenting the personal philosophies of remarkable men and women from all walks of life. I believe in honor, faith, and service. I believe that a little outrage can take you a long way. I believe in freedom of

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

New Gene Therapy 'Precisely' Targets Cancer 新型基因治疗癌症法精确消灭目标 Cancer is one of the worlds most feared diseases, and with good reason: Its the leading cause of death across the globe. Every year, about 14 million people are

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Genetic Test Pinpoints Cause of Patient Illness About a decade ago, scientists decoded the human genome, creating a gene-by-gene map of our DNA. In the decade since, genetic research has accelerated, but mostly it's stayed in the laboratory. Now, gen

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

HIV Cure Raises Hope Tim Brown is one of only two people ever to be considered cured of HIV infection. But it was not easy. He also had leukemia. A bone marrow transplant from a donor with a rare mutation cured his HIV. The first transplant went well

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

SARAH MCCAMMON, BYLINE: Ohio might soon become the latest state to restrict abortions. A bill to ban doctors from performing abortions after a Down syndrome diagnosis has passed both chambers of the state legislature and could be on its way to the go

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

When you hear the word mutation, you may think of something destructive, or of Marvels X-Men. But some mutationswhich are just differences in DNAcan be historic. Take, for example, a genetic sequence found in the vast majority of people from Tibet. M

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年Scientific American(九)月

White lions are roaming the African plains once again. Over the past decades, few sightings were reported of these rare big cats in their natural environments. And South African white lions could only be seen in breeding programs and circuses. Now th

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

This all black feathered king penguin could be one in a zillion. The video was recorded on a sub-Antarctic island of South Georgia by National Geographic Traveler magazine contributing editor Andrew Evans on his bus to Antarctic expedition. While man

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2010年

HEALTH REPORT - September 4, 2002: Melanoma Research By Nancy Steinbach (Photo - U.S. National Cancer Institute) This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Scientists have discovered a genetic cha

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

Speaking on the possibility of human-to-human transmission, Dr. Zhong Nanshan, director of the Guangzhou Institute of Respiratory Diseases, said there's still no evidence at the moment. He added, however, that the medical community should keep a clos

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年01月

Whether you prefer burning the midnight oil or going to bed early so you can get up at the crack of dawn depends on your genes, according to experts. I leap out of bed each morning, keen to start an active day. But I can hear my neighbour's alarm clo

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Joshua Leo Voice 2 And I'm Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 People. Men and women, old and you

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

That's, at most, 1,000 hours a year of work. 那么他们每年花在工作上的时间最多不会超1000个小时。 When a Kung bushman was asked once why his people hadn't taken to agriculture, he looked puzzled and said, 当土著人被问及为什

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

Police in the southern US state of Texas say nine people have been killed in a battle between rival motorbike gangs at a restaurant in the city of Waco. At least 16 others were taken to hospital after being shot or stabbed. Diners at the Twin Peaks C

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版