AILSA CHANG, HOST: Scientists say they have solved a mystery about the Zika virus. They think they've figured out why the virus became a global threat all of a sudden and started causing severe birth defects. As NPR's Michaeleen Doucleff reports, the

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Aspirin May Cut Cancer Deaths 阿司匹林可以减少癌症死亡 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. An apple a day keeps the doctor away is a popular expression in the United States. It may be a common saying, but it is

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

This is scientific American's science 60 second science, I am steve mosbyA lot of people have had compacted third molars. Third molars produce chronic pain. Allen man, a Princeton University Physical anthopolegist, the annual meeting of the immagrate

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

Rare black penguin in the Antarctic islands The penguin, believed to be suffering from a condition known as melanism, was spotted on Fortuna Bay, a sub-Antarctic island of South Georgia, about 860 miles off the Falklands. 这只被认为患有黑化症

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

不久前,美国《纽约时报》公布了一项《2015年度最讨厌的10大英语词汇》,其中包括Manspreading,Vape,So等。这些词汇大多是被滥用、误用的,看看哪些词汇是你经常爱使用的吧~ 1.So So the word that

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

很多同学在复习Issue时往往感到困惑,很多时候面对着一个话题,无法整理出连贯的思路和相应的英文表达。导致这一现象的原因主要可以归纳成两点:1, 中文思路匮乏,即便是用中文也无话

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

Do-It-Yourself Genetic Tests Raises Questions for Consumers “自己动手”基因测试引起消费者疑问 Alison (not her real name), is 32 years old and a magazine editor. She has a baby and is

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--环境科学探索

Mutation 突变 Do you know about mutations? 你知道突变吗? A mutation happens when the DNA structure in a gene changes. 当基因的DNA结构发生变化时就会发生突变。 Once a mutation happens, the change can't be reversed. 突变一旦

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第12册

New Test Could Find Cancer Earlier 新的测试可以发现早期癌症 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. Cancer is a leading cause of death around the world. When it comes to cancer, the sooner you know you have it, the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(250) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

This week on Our World: Geneticists find new clues to a puzzling disease ... the fungus that's killing off bats ... and the coming increase in hazardous electronic waste... WILLIAMS: By around 2030, we're looking at potentially a billion e-waste comp

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

The Royal Plague Its good to be king, as the saying goes. But sometimes having a royal lineage isnt so great. Take the male descendants of Queen Victoria, who was the reigning monarch of the United Kingdom during most of the 19th century. Victorias s

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Better Sleep 高质量睡眠 Know your sleep type 了解你自己的睡眠类型。 Some people like Margaret Thatcher,Gandhi and Winston Churchill may have famously thrived on less sleep but they're a rarity. 诸如撒切尔、甘地和丘吉尔等人

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(162) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Business 商业 Patenting biology 生物技术专利 Prometheus unsound 被缚的普罗米修斯 America's Supreme Court wallops the biotech industry 美国最高法院沉重打击生物技术产业 PATENTS are supposed to encourage innovation, not s

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

HARI SREENIVASAN: Some cutting-edge research is giving new hope to cancer patients. Researchers are zeroing in on the causes of specific cancers and are finding dramatically different ways to fight the disease. To explain the latest findings, I'm joi

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列

Gene for Disease Has Healthy Flip Side A study in the journal Science finds that the gene for anemia-causing G6PD deficiency also protects against malaria, thereby keeping the gene active in populations. Cynthia Graber reports Sickle cell disease is

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(155) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

不久前,美国《纽约时报》公布了一项《2015年度最讨厌的10大英语词汇》,其中包括Manspreading,Vape,So等。这些词汇大多是被滥用、误用的,看看哪些词汇是你经常爱使用的吧~ 1.So So the word that

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. Most healthy children between the ages of four and 10 grow about five centimeters a year. Parents often notice this growth by how quickly their children grow out of their clothes and sho

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Its good to be king, as the saying goes. But sometimes having a royal lineage isnt so great. Take the male descendants of Queen Victoria, who was the reigning monarch of the United Kingdom during most of the 19th century. Victorias son, Leopold, died

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Whether you prefer burning the midnight oil or going to bed early so you can get up at the crack of dawn depends on your genes, according to experts. I leap out of bed each morning, keen to start an active day. But I can hear my neighbour's alarm clo

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Whether you prefer burning the midnight oil or going to bed early so you can get up at the crack of dawn depends on your genes, according to experts. I leap out of bed each morning, keen to start an active day. But I can hear my neighbour's alarm clo

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版