Gene Therapy for Rare Form of Blindness Approved in US American health officials recently approved the first gene therapy treatment for an inherited disease the type that can pass from parent to child. 美国卫生官员最近批准了第一种治疗遗

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(846) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

-Sheldon: This has nothing to do with religion. This has to do with the fact that you're a tiny, tiny man who still lives with his mother. 这和信仰没有关系。问题在于你是个很小很小的,仍然和妈妈住在一起的男人 -Leonard

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸第一季

[00:04.98]Roush: We produced a lot of corn 我们生产大量玉米 [00:06.14]and they came up with uses for it. 他们决定怎样使用这些玉米 [00:12.14]Larry Johnson: We are now engineering our foods. 我们掌握了改良食物的方法 [00:

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-食品公司

1. Agricultural officials in California are assuring consumers the food supply is safe after discovering a cow with BSE, commonly known as mad cow disease. Officials say the cow developed the disease through a natural mutation and not from eating inf

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(四月)

写作,作为语言类考试中较为主观类型的考察形式,特别提到的是第二部分任务,考生应当确切地陈述观点,并能清晰地论证展开。题目要求学生能运用reasons and examples来支撑观点,而评分标准

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

文本节选 Iam a dwarf. God made me this way. Im little, just like He made you have brownhair and blue eyes. Basedon birth records, its estimated that there are at least 15,000 people withdwarfism in the United States. And there are more than 200 d

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

This is Scientific American Sixty Seconds Science, I'm Sophie Bushwick, got a minute? When Mexican tetra fish moved into darker caves long ago, they evolved to deal with the dark by becoming albino and going blind. A new research shows that the chang

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

Sickle cell disease is a blood disorder due to a single genetic mutation. It remains in populations because the mutation has a flip sideit helps to protect against malaria. Now another mutation has been shown to afford similar protection. Deficiency

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

What Scientists Do and Do Not Know About Zika and Babies Three years ago, Brazil experienced a major sudden spread of the Zika virus. Doctors learned that the sickness can cause severe development problems for unborn babies. 3年前,巴西经历了一

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Why bother with sex? Its a question thats bugged biologists since they first noticed that some critters do it and some dont. The answer theyve come up wi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

This is Scientific Americans' 60-Second Science. I am Cynthia Graber. This'll just take a minute. Air pollution is bad for our health, but scientists say we don't know much about the long-term effects. So researchers in Canada and the Netherlands dec

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

Theres been an unexpected development in our understanding of drug resistance in bacteria. The accepted scenario was a simple case of evolutionary selection. In a bacterial population exposed to a killer drug, a few lucky individuals might have a gen

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Mark Twain called it the most delicious fruit known to men. He was talking about the cherimoya. If you never heard of it, there's good reason. It has a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(三)月

The Justice Department has unsealed terrorism charges against the man who has been linked to a Somali terrorist group called Al-shabaab. Authorities say he had bomb-making instructions in his possession when he was arrested. NPRs Dina Temple-Raston r

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

1. A violent day in Iraq during the holiest day in the Shiite calendar. At least 44 people were killed in a wave of violence striking several cities. Gunmen ambushed this bus carrying pilgrims, killing at least 7. 2. Barbaro could be laid to rest at

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

New Antibiotic Found in Human Noses 研究人员在人类鼻子发现新抗生素 The search for new drugs to fight infections has led to a discovery in an unlikely place in peoples noses. What researchers found in noses is a compound called lugdunin

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(八)月

做你的后备 We can be your team. 就像 X教授和他的X战警 Like,uh,Professor Xavier and his X-Men. 我的确喜欢X战警 I do like the X-Men. 我看过X战警吗? Did I see X-Men? 我们上周才看过啊 Yeah,we watched it last week. 你还说

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸第三季

BEIJING, August 1 (Xinhuanet) -- U.S. researchers have discovered a genetic mutation unique to African Americans that links to heighten their asthma risk, according to reports published on Sunday in the journal Nature Genetics. Researchers of Univers

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A cats charity is raising money for one of its felines to have gender reassignment surgery, after vets realised that it was both male and female. 有一家英国猫咪慈善机构正在筹款,目的是为一只喵星人做性别手术,因为他们发

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(383) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Voice 1 Hello. Im Elizabeth Lickiss. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. Welcome to Spotlight. This programme uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live Voice 1 My son is cal

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight