9.Mark Twain ---Mirror of America Noel Grove Most Americans remember Mark Twain as the father of Huck Finn's idyllic cruise through eternal boyhood and Tom Sawyer's endless summer of freedom and adventure. In-deed, this nation's best-loved author was

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(160) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 上

IN THE NEWS - Romney Says He Will 'Restore the Promise of America' 新闻报道 - 罗姆尼表示将重塑美国希望 This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速英语新闻报道。 MITT ROMNEY: Mr. Chairman, delegates,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: I'm Shirley Griffith. DOUG JOHNSON: And I'm Doug Johnson with the Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week we tell about a person important in the history of the United States. Today, we tell about Babe Ruth, America's

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(三)月

THIS IS AMERICA - Mormons and Their History in America DOUG JOHNSON: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA. I'm Doug Johnson. BARBARA KLEIN: And I'm Barbara Klein. This week on our program, we talk about Mormons in America. (MUSIC) DOUG JOHNSON: Members of the

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Hello America intermediate Part III Book 6 [00:-1.00]Lesson 1 OK,Mom...I'll come right away.... [00:-1.50]好的,妈妈....我马上来.... [00:-2.00]When will we start on the new show? [00:-2.50]我们什么时候开始这部亲戏? [00:-3.00]We'l

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 洪恩环境英语

VOICE ONE: Im Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program PEOPLE IN AMERICA. This week, we tell about one of the most successful American businesswomen. Mary Kay started a company in nineteen sixty-three with a

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Las Belle Dame Sans Merci O WHAT can ail thee, knight-at-arms, Alone and palely loitering? The sedge is witherd from the lake, And no birds sing. O what can ail thee, knight-at-arms, So haggard and so woe-begone? The squirrels granary is full, And th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 济慈诗歌和书信选(英文版)

Not long after an old Chinese woman came back to China from her visit to her daughter in the States, she went to a city bank to deposit the US dollars her daughter gave her. At the bank counter, the c

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

SCIENCE REPORT — March 7, 2002: Alzheimer’s Disease By Nancy Steinbach This is the VOA Special English Science Report. Medical researchers say a new study shows a link between the mental condition

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

THIS IS AMERICA -December 23, 2002: Christmas Traditions and Music By Shelley Gollust (THEME) ANNCR: Millions of Americans will celebrate Christmas on December Twenty-Fifth. It is the most widely-cele

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Give me love like her Cause lately I've been waking up alone Paint spotted tear drops on my shirt told you I'd let them go And i'll fight my corner maybe tonight I'll call ya after my blood turns into alcohol no i just wanna hold ya Give a little tim

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Faith Lapidus with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Red Adair. He was famous for putting out dangerous oil well fires around the world. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Red Adair

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(三)月

James Q. Wilson Changes Policing in America Welcome to This Is America with VOA Learning English. Today, we are talking about political and social scientist James Q. Wilson. Wilson was interested in a great many subjects. But he was best known for hi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS - Some of the biggest hit songs from America in the 1960s and 1970s 美国上世纪六七十年代的经典歌曲 Hi. Nice to have you with us again on As It Is. Later on our show we will be listening to some of the biggest hit songs from Am

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

EXPLORATIONS - Three Stories about Expressing Faith in America MARIO RITTER: Welcome to the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Im Mario Ritter. Religious faith is both deeply personal and a community experience. In the United States, religious

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Emergency Response Grows in Chad Emergency water supplies are being rushed to southeastern Chad where about 50-thousand people have fled fighting in Sudans Darfur region. Several Arab tribes have been battling for control of mining operations there.

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - October 1, 2002: Alzheimer’s Disease By Oliver Chanler VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Bob Doughty with Science in the News, a VOA Special English progra

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

AMERICAN MOSAIC - 'Fallujah' the Opera; Songs of Summer JUNE SIMMS: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im June Simms. This week, our report on the first opera ever to explore a soldiers experiences in the Iraq War And we play

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(七)月

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 17 (Xinhua) -- Veteran Hollywood action star Bruce Willis has demonstrated his winning power as his latest film A Good Day to Die Hard runs as the top grossing film in North America over the weekend, beating out three other debuting

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

This is a great time to be in the seed business in America. Middlebury College economist Bill McKibben reports that Burpee, America's largest seed company, sold twice as many seeds this spring as it did last year. And that members of the Seed Savers

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(七月)