PEOPLE IN AMERICA - December 15, 2002: Margaret Sanger By Doreen Baingana ((THEME) ) VOICE ONE: I’m Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I’m Sarah Long with the VOA Special English Program, People in

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - December 1, 2002: Julia Ward Howe By Shelley Gollust VOICE ONE: I'm Ray Freeman. VOICE TWO: And I'm Shirley Griffith with the Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Every week

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

THIS IS AMERICA - What Moves America? Some Transportation Trends in the United States FAITH LAPIDUS: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And I'm Christopher Cruise. This week on our program, we lo

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(一)月

'Happy Days Are Here Again':FDR, One of America's Greatest Presidents Written by - Shelley Gollust (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Im Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And Im Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about one of the gre

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Summer vacation Today is the first day of summer vacation. Its wonderful that therere sixty days in the summer vacation. My sister and I began packing our baggage, since we'll have European trip next week. It took me three months to plan this trip,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

THIS IS AMERICA - October 14, 2002: Patents and Inventions By George Grow VOICE ONE: An office of the American government has helped to protect the legal rights of inventors for two- hundred years. Th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -October 20, 2002: Stephen Foster By Shelley Gollust (Photo - University of Pittsburgh) VOICE 1: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE 2: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English progr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

A: Hello, I need a doctors appointment right away! B: Is this an emergency? A: I am having trouble breathing. B: Have you had a cold lately? A: It has been going on for a few days now. B: You should hang up and dial 911. A: I dont think that this is

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

A: Hi, I need to see a doctor soon! B: Do you feel this is an emergency? A: My chest feels tight, and I cant catch my breath. B: Did this come on suddenly? A: It started yesterday. B: If you feel this is a real emergency, you should dial 911 for the

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

By Jerilyn Watson THIS IS AMERICA – July 15, 2002: Medical Education VOICE ONE: Students must study and work for many years to become a doctor in the United States. Working conditions are often very

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

THIS IS AMERICA - September 9, 2002: One Year After Sept. 11 By Jerilyn Watson AP VOICE ONE: Last year on September eleventh, more than three-thousand people were killed in terrorist attacks on the Un

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

By Jerilyn Watson THIS IS AMERICA -May 13, 2002: Sondheim Celebration VOICE ONE: The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C currently is honoring the work of one of America’

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

THIS IS AMERICA -August 5, 2002: Presidential Medal of Freedom By George Grow VOICE ONE: President Bush recognized twelve people at a White House ceremony last month. The twelve were officially honore

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(213) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

THIS IS AMERICA – July 1, 2002: Songs that Celebrate America By Jerilyn Watson VOICE ONE: July Fourth is America's most important national holiday: Independence Day. Americans will celebrate the ann

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Discover America with American Mosaic!(2) Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. Im June Simms. On our show this week, we tell about rapper A$AP Rocky, and hear parts of his new album We also look at how the art of origami might be

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

By VOA Sports Washington, DC 19 January 2008 German golfer Martin Kaymer has fired a 4-under-par 68 to maintain a six-stroke lead after the third round of the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship in the United Arab Emirates. Kaymer, last year's European PGA T

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

A: I need a doctor immediately! B: Sir, is everything all right? A: My wife just collapsed on the floor! B: Sir, I need you to calm down. Take deep breaths. A: I'm sorry. It's just that my wife.I need the emergency room. B: Sir, I'm dialing 911 on an

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

A: Help me! I need a doctor! B: What is the problem, sir? A: My wife is on the floor! B: Sir, please calm down. Take a deep breath. A: I need some help, right now! B: Sir, I'm going to put you through to 911. A: Hurry, please! B: I'm transferring you

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

A: I hate to call you this late at night, but could you possibly help me get to the emergency room? B: We will come right over. What happened? A: My temperature went up to 105, and I have a rash! B: Make sure that someone unlocks the back door, so I

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

A: I really need your help and want to know if you could drive me to the emergency room. B: I will take you there right away. What is wrong? A: I woke up with a rash and a temperature of 105! B: I want to be able to get to you when I get there. If yo

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康