PEOPLE IN AMERICA -January 27, 2002: Martin Luther King Jr., Part 2 By William Rodgers Anncr: PEOPLE IN AMERICA, a program in Special English on the Voice of America. (Theme) Today, Shep O'Neal and Wa

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -February 10, 2002: Percival Lowell By Mario Ritter VOICE ONE: I’m Mary Tillotson. VOICE TWO: And I’m Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English program People in America. Today, w

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -January 13, 2002: Isaac Stern By Shelley Gollust VOICE ONE: I’m Sarah Long. VOICE TWO: And I’m Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

EXPLORATIONS - The Erie Canal Helped America Grow BOB DOUGHTY: Im Bob Doughty. MARIO RITTER: And Im Mario Ritter with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. In the early eighteen hundreds, traveling in the United States was dangerous. Business and trad

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Summer Baseball Grooms Players for Majors As the sun sets on Cape Cod and the swimmers leave the beach, local ball fields light up as top college athletes face off in the Cape Cod Baseball League. The talent is unbelievable here, says Jeff McNeil, a

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Weddings Are a Billion Dollar Business in America From VOA Learning English, welcome to This Is America. Im Avi Arditti. And Im Kelly Jean Kelly. This week, we look at weddings in Americahow much they cost and how different they can be. MUSIC: Bruno

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Summer One has the leisure of July for perceiving all the differences of the green of leaves. It is no longer a difference in degrees of maturity, for all the trees have darkened to their final tone, and stand in their differences of character and n

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英语名著名段背诵精华

A Visit to Americas National Cryptologic Museum From VOA Learning English, this is EXPLORATIONS in Special English. Im Jeri Watson. And Im Jim Tedder. Today we visit a small museum in the American state of Maryland. It is called the National Cryptolo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

People in America - Gene Kelly, 1912-1996: His Movies Made Dance Popular in America SHIRLEY GRIFFITH: I'm Shirley Griffith. STEVE EMBER: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about a person im

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(六)月

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语教育报道。 President Obama talked a lot about education in his State of the Union speech last week. 奥巴马总统在上周的国情咨文一再谈及教育。 B

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Summer Ramadan; Old News; Fleetwood Mac Tribute Album FAITH LAPIDUS: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Faith Lapidus. This week, we play some older music recorded by newer bands We also report on Old News

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The latest Global Hunger Index report says the number of hungry people worldwide has fallen twenty-five percent since ninety ninety. Last year the estimate topped one billion for the first time. But

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

In America, Even States Get Nicknames Every U.S. state has a nickname - sometimes more than one. Many are logical. They just sort of evolved. Of course, Arizona is The Grand Canyon State, and Kentucky, home to the lush horse country where magnificent

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Jefferson Bible Sparks Religion Debate in America In the final years of his life, former U.S. President Thomas Jefferson took a knife and cut up the Gospels, holy scripture to Christians. Even though he realizes as Republican party leader, that this

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

MICHEL MARTIN, HOST: Here's that second story we promised you. There's a new movie out this weekend, and it's a biopic with an interesting backstory of its own. Remember the serial killer, Jeffrey Dahmer? Between 1978 and 1991, he murdered 17 people

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

THIS IS AMERICA - Naval Observatory in Washington By Jill Moss Broadcast: September 23, 2002 VOICE ONE: The United States Naval Observatory performs an important scientific duty for the United States,

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

THIS IS AMERICA -August 19, 2002: Ravinia and Tanglewood Music Parks By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: VOICE ONE: Every summer, millions of Americans enjoy listening to music concerts at parks in the open

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(244) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

The Green Leaves of Summer - 美国乡村音乐 A time to be reaping收获的季节到了 A time to be sowing播种的季节到了 The green leaves of summer are calling me home夏日绿叶,呼唤我回到家乡 It was good to be young then in the season of plenty在任何季节年轻

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Adrienne : So, Lisa, you're Canadian, right? Lisa: I am. I'm a very proud Canadian. Adrienne: And, I believe you're from Montreal. Lisa: I am. Adrienne: Can you tell me a little about your hometown? Lisa: Sure. Montreal is a big city for Canadian sta

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

LOS ANGELES, April 1 (Xinhua) -- The Hunger Games stayed atop the North America box office chart this weekend, garnering 61.1 million U.S. dollars in ticket receipts which successfully helped the latest Lionsgate actioner to fend off a pair of new fi

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(249) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻