Topics: Ask an American Offensive mascots; capacity versus capability; to punch in versus to punch out; to put the cat among the pigeons Words: mascot racist slur over the objection of (someone) offended by victimized nations capital bigoted insensit

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

So far, no survivors have been found and the chances of finding the bodies of more victims today have faded with the daylight. Scenes of anguish developed all day at Beirut's International Airport and at hospitals around the city where remains were t

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

[00:02.84]David, happy birthday. 大卫 生日快乐 [00:03.92]You have got the greatest taste in shoes, bar none anywhere. 你对鞋子的品味无人能及 [00:08.84]- Emma, have you met Lynette? - I fear what we may have in common. 你见过莉娜吗

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-香草天空

In the parts of Alaska where fish can be caught for food, Indians live in small villages. 在阿拉斯加那些产鱼的地方,都有一些小村庄, 里面住着印第安人。 In the center of each village they put up a tall pole carved and pai

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

K key:关键。 killer shooting:招牌致命得分技术。 king handles:控球圣王;指球员在玩球、耍球的动作上,超乎任何人,是任何都比不上的。 king of crossover:跨下运球过人王。 knees are flexed:膝要

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

影片对白 Garfield: Aha! I so knew you weren't me. Prince: And you must be Garfield. Garfield: How do you know my name? Prince: I've lived your life for the past few days. Yes, if ever a man loved a cat, it's your Jon. Return to him, Garfield. Return

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

HONG KONG The Japanese public pays careful attention to the words and deeds of Caroline Kennedy, the United States ambassador to Japan and one of the State Departments best-known diplomats. 香港对于美国驻日大使、国务院最为人所熟知的

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Councillors in a small town in Poland have banned Winnie the Pooh claiming the bear is of 'dubious sexuality', is 'inappropriately dressed' and is 'half-naked'. 波兰一小镇的议员封杀小熊维尼,他们声称维尼熊性向不明,衣冠不整

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1. A government official says investigators found no evidence of criminal negligence in the death of Pat Tillman. The former NFL player was killed by friendly fire while on duty in Afghanistan. Investigators conducted a year-long probe into the sold

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

Drake是来自加拿大的一位rapper,单曲《Best I Ever Had》收录在他的第三张混音大碟中。 Baby you my everything you all i ever wanted. We can do it real big. Bigger then you ever done it. You be up on everything. Other hoes ain'

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Sports and Rain Dont Mix 词汇典故:下雨天与体育不是很配 Now, the VOA Learning English program Words Their Stories. Baseball is often called Americas game. This may or not be true but a baseball game is a great place to learn American E

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Although I did graduate from the school of hard knocks, our mascot was the knockers. I spent a lot of time here growing up. My mom worked at Newcom and I would go there every time I needed to steal something out of her purse. But why am I here today?

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

Since 1983 the annual Spring Festival Gala hosted by China Central Television has always been an important part of the Chinese Lunar New Year celebration - no wonder every move organizers make becomes the center of attention. 自1983年以来,每年的

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

2010年上海世博会吉祥物的主题体现(中英文双语)Theme ManifestationCities is formed by the assembly of human beings and then evolved into an organized system, in which people are the most active and creative cells. People's life and de

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

So what can I say? 那我能说什么 That there's a lot in flux, and it'll be tight. 不确定因素很多,票数胶着 Okay. Thanks. 好的,谢谢 Yeah. Sure thing. 应该的 Hey, Francis, it's me. 弗朗西斯,是我 Call me back. 回我电话

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 纸牌屋第一季

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Sports Mascots / Neil Armstrong / Music by Jen Chapin By Caty Weaver Broadcast: Friday, April 02, 2004 (THEME) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Special English. (THEME) This

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

The One With The Cat 本集简介: Joey and Chandler agree to sell their oversized entertainment center; they have a hard time selling it but and easy time being robbed by a prospective buyer, thanks to Joey. Monica goes out with Chip, Rachel's high

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 老友记(六人行)

Since 1983 the annual Spring Festival Gala hosted by China Central Television has always been an important part of the Chinese Lunar New Year celebration - no wonder every move organizers make becomes the center of attention. On Thursday it published

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

You know a lot of girls be. . Thinking My songs are about them, This is not to get confused This ones for you. Baby you my everything Youre all I ever wanted We can do it real big Bigger then you ever done it You be up on everything Other hoes ain't

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Mitchell: I'm taking baby steps here, all right? I'm actually looking forward to it. 'Cause it's not just the game. It's the bands and the drama and the... the pageantry... Cameron: Don't forget about the team mascots. Mitchell: They wear ascots? Cam

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(177) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音