时间:2019-01-29 作者:英语课 分类:纸牌屋第一季


英语课

   So what can I say?


  那我能说什么
  That there's a lot in flux 1, and it'll be tight.
  不确定因素很多,票数胶着
  Okay. Thanks.
  好的,谢谢
  Yeah. Sure thing.
  应该的
  Hey, Francis, it's me.
  弗朗西斯,是我
  Call me back.
  回我电话
  Yes.
  进来
  纸牌屋第一季.jpg
  Congressman 2 Russo. He says it's urgent.
  罗素议员急着见您
  Fine.
  好吧
  Good morning, sir.
  早上好,先生
  I'd like to talk about how the tour's going.
  我想聊聊巡回竞选的事
  Well, let's talk on the bus. Don't we have an event at 11:00?
  去车上聊吧 11点不是有活动吗
  There won't be any events until we talk.
  如果不聊清楚,就没必要做活动了
  You're hijacking 3 the microphone.
  你一直在抢话
  You're contradicting everything I say.
  你反对我说的一切
  We need to be promoting the watershed 4 act.
  我们得推动流域法案
  Well, I appreciate your being so forthright 5.
  我欣赏你的直率
  Let me tell you what I don't appreciate.
  告诉你我不欣赏什么吧
  The D.N.C. is running a man with zero track record,
  民主党委员会让一个毫无经验的瘾君子
  except for substance abuse, to fill my shoes.
  参加竞选,接替我的位置
  I realize you don't want to be here, sir,
  我知道你不想来,先生
  but it seems like you're deliberately 6 trying to sabotage 7 my campaign.
  但现在看来你在故意破坏我的竞选
  Despite my better judgment 8, I'm trying to save it.
  尽管有违意愿,我是想挽救它
  I know the people of this state better than you, Peter.
  我比你了解这州的人,彼得
  They don't want to hear about watersheds 9.
  他们不想听什么流域
  They want to hear about jobs.
  他们想听工作的事
  Well, this week, they need to hear both.
  这周他们两者都得听
  Well, then, maybe I should just stand quietly beside you at the podium
  那我也许该闭嘴站在你旁边
  and watch you lose.
  看着你输掉
  You don't think I can win, do you? I'm not optimistic.
  你觉得我赢不了,是吗,我不看好
  You lost the first two times you ran for Governor.
  你前两次竞选州长都输了
  The third time, nobody thought you had a chance.
  第三次,没人觉得你有机会
  By September, you were 15 points down.
  9月,你落后15个百分点
  You were out of money.
  竞选资金不足
  You had to mortgage your own house
  只得抵押房子贷款
  just to keep your staff on payroll 10.
  来支付员工薪水
  I'm well aware of what I did. I was there.
  我知道我干了什么,我在场
  My point is you kept going.
  我要说的是你并没气馁
  You hit 67 counties in less than 20 days,
  你不到20天内走访了67个郡
  and you proved everyone wrong.
  证明所有人都错了
  Like it or not, it's my name on the ticket this time,
  不管你是否看好,这次是我竞选
  and I got the shot, and I'm gonna prove everyone wrong.
  我有这个机会,我要证明别人都错了
  Just like you did. Including you, sir.
  也包括你,先生,正如你当年
  I would like your support, but if you won't give it, fine.
  我希望你支持我,你不肯也没关系
  It won't stop me.
  那也阻止不了我
  You think it's easy for me to be here?
  你觉得我来这里容易吗
  I left the Governor's mansion 11 right in my prime.
  我卸任州长时正值全盛时期
  To be what? Vice 12 president.
  我去做了副总统
  I thought that was a step up. But you know what?
  我以为那是升了一步,但知道吗
  I don't have a fucking shred 13 of real influence.
  我一丁点影响力都没有
  I'm trotted 14 around like a goddamn mascot 15,
  我就像个吉祥物一样到处晃悠
  and this is my home state.
  这还是我家乡呢
  I'm offering you influence, sir.
  我在给你影响力,先生
  I'd like your guidance and your expertise 16.
  我需要你的指导和专业意见
  But if that's not on the table, then, well...
  但如果你不愿提供,那么...
  With all due respect, Mr. Vice President,
  恕我直言,副总统先生
  you should head back to Washington.
  你还是回华盛顿吧
  Your husband was very explicit 17.
  你丈夫说得很清楚
  I would categorize it as a threat.
  我觉得那是威胁
  What did he say exactly? Not to surprise him.
  他说了什么,别让他措手不及
  Didn't he also tell you
  他还让你们
  to vote your district and your conscience?
  顾及选区,凭良心了吗
  He did, but those seemed far lower on his priority list.
  他说了,但那个似乎不那么重要
  Well, he would never fault you
  如果你们有强烈理由
  if you had a compelling reason to do what you think is right.
  做自己认为该做的事,他不会怪你们的
  I'm confused. Aren't you for this bill?
  我糊涂了,你不是支持法案的吗
  C.W.I. Is publicly for it.
  净水计划公开支持它
  Privately 18, I have my doubts for the same reasons you do.
  就我个人而言,也有同样的疑虑
  I was under the impression
  我以为
  that we were here so you could persuade us to vote yes.
  我们来是为让你说服我们投赞成票
  Oh, I'm not trying to persuade you of anything.
  我没想说服你们做任何事
  I will say this:
  我要说
  if the bill fails, it's not the end of the world.
  即使法案不通过也不是世界末日
  We can always sponsor new legislation.
  我们随时可以发起新法案
  You know, something with stricter regulatory standards.
  有更严格的管理标准的法案
  Just to be clear, you're telling us
  我要问明白,你是说
  you don't mind if we vote against the bill.
  你不介意我们投反对票
  I'm simply saying what my husband would...
  我只是在说我丈夫会说的
  that you should vote your conscience.
  投票要凭良心
  How are we looking? We're short a vote.
  情况如何,缺一票
  I just got off the phone with Claire.
  我刚接到克莱尔的电话
  Vanderburgh and Abrams are on board.
  范德博格和艾布拉姆斯被说服了
  Those are definite yeses? Definite.
  确定赞成票吗,确定
  We should be good.
  那就没问题了
  Yes?
  怎么了
  I've been trying to reach you since yesterday.
  我从昨天就一直在找你了
  Well, I've been a bit busy counting votes.
  我一直在忙着计票
  You said you'd have a number for me.
  你说会给我个数字
  Well, you should try my press office.
  你该试试打给我的新闻办公室
  I did. They won't return my calls.
  我试了,但没人回电话
  Well, the official word is it will be close.
  官方说法是票数胶着
  I'm trying to get the unofficial word.
  我想知道非官方说法
  Oh, I can't appear to be playing favorites now, can I?
  我现在不能有所偏袒,对吧
  This isn't because of the other day, is it?
  这不是因为那天的事吧
  What other day?
  哪天的事
  You said we'd keep our professional relationship.
  你说我们可以保持公事往来
  Well, this is what professional feels like.
  公事公办就是这样

n.流动;不断的改变
  • The market is in a constant state of flux.市场行情在不断变化。
  • In most reactors,there is a significant flux of fast neutrons.在大部分反应堆中都有一定强度的快中子流。
n.(美)国会议员
  • He related several anecdotes about his first years as a congressman.他讲述自己初任议员那几年的几则轶事。
  • The congressman is meditating a reply to his critics.这位国会议员正在考虑给他的批评者一个答复。
n.转折点,分水岭,分界线
  • Our marriage was at a watershed.我们的婚姻到了一个转折关头。
  • It forms the watershed between the two rivers.它成了两条河流的分水岭。
adj.直率的,直截了当的 [同]frank
  • It's sometimes difficult to be forthright and not give offence.又直率又不得罪人,这有时很难办到。
  • He told me forthright just why he refused to take my side.他直率地告诉我他不肯站在我这一边的原因。
adv.审慎地;蓄意地;故意地
  • The girl gave the show away deliberately.女孩故意泄露秘密。
  • They deliberately shifted off the argument.他们故意回避这个论点。
n.怠工,破坏活动,破坏;v.从事破坏活动,妨害,破坏
  • They tried to sabotage my birthday party.他们企图破坏我的生日晚会。
  • The fire at the factory was caused by sabotage.那家工厂的火灾是有人蓄意破坏引起的。
n.审判;判断力,识别力,看法,意见
  • The chairman flatters himself on his judgment of people.主席自认为他审视人比别人高明。
  • He's a man of excellent judgment.他眼力过人。
n.分水岭( watershed的名词复数 );分水线;转折点;流域
  • Hyetographs are important in estimating stormflow hydrographs from upstream watersheds. 降雨历线资料为上游集水区推估洪水流量历线的重要依据。 来自互联网
  • Sediments check dam in small watersheds in loess hilly gully area come from three proportion, i. 黄土丘陵沟壑区治沟骨干工程泥沙淤积来源于坡面侵蚀、沟道侵蚀和库区岸坡坍塌。 来自互联网
n.工资表,在职人员名单,工薪总额
  • His yearly payroll is $1.2 million.他的年薪是120万美元。
  • I can't wait to get my payroll check.我真等不及拿到我的工资单了。
n.大厦,大楼;宅第
  • The old mansion was built in 1850.这座古宅建于1850年。
  • The mansion has extensive grounds.这大厦四周的庭园广阔。
n.坏事;恶习;[pl.]台钳,老虎钳;adj.副的
  • He guarded himself against vice.他避免染上坏习惯。
  • They are sunk in the depth of vice.他们堕入了罪恶的深渊。
v.撕成碎片,变成碎片;n.碎布条,细片,些少
  • There is not a shred of truth in what he says.他说的全是骗人的鬼话。
  • The food processor can shred all kinds of vegetables.这架食品加工机可将各种蔬菜切丝切条。
小跑,急走( trot的过去分词 ); 匆匆忙忙地走
  • She trotted her pony around the field. 她骑着小马绕场慢跑。
  • Anne trotted obediently beside her mother. 安妮听话地跟在妈妈身边走。
n.福神,吉祥的东西
  • The football team's mascot is a goat.足球队的吉祥物是山羊。
  • We had a panda as our mascot.我们把熊猫作为吉详物。
n.专门知识(或技能等),专长
  • We were amazed at his expertise on the ski slopes.他斜坡滑雪的技能使我们赞叹不已。
  • You really have the technical expertise in a new breakthrough.让你真正在专业技术上有一个全新的突破。
adj.详述的,明确的;坦率的;显然的
  • She was quite explicit about why she left.她对自己离去的原因直言不讳。
  • He avoids the explicit answer to us.他避免给我们明确的回答。
adv.以私人的身份,悄悄地,私下地
  • Some ministers admit privately that unemployment could continue to rise.一些部长私下承认失业率可能继续升高。
  • The man privately admits that his motive is profits.那人私下承认他的动机是为了牟利。
标签: 纸牌屋 美剧
学英语单词
acrospiromas
analytic operator-valued function
area levelling
atomic oxygen fluence model
axial cut distance
azimuth compiler
bahorok
ballast draft condition
batch calculation
bellowed
causative factors of injury
cepalotribe
cobalt nitrate
commodity in warehouse
companion piece
completion message
concentration tracer
cu fts
despotic monarch
dextropropoxyphene
doubling course
dwarf grey willows
elbow-bone
ewan mcgregor
fakeness
flat-plate pressing machine
foot piece
free open textured sand
friction bezel ring
game-fishing
hecto-coulombs
henders
heterogenous catalysis
hog-nosed snake
hollow cathode aluminum ion laser
horsemeat
hungers
hydrophiling
ill-luck
in boundless enthusiasm
incident neutron energy
Indigosol Green IB
iner
katastates
keep your chin up
lavand
load-carrying winding
low-volume shipper
Macquarie Island
magson
Maskil
mason cities
master distance indicator
MCAIS
measurement pattern
mene, mene, tekel, upharsin
metasilicate
more significant bit
Murray State University
new productive capacity
nonoperating
numerical response
optimum capital stock
pachycholia
paramilitarisms
paratrygonica
pentapyrrolidinium
phobic layer
phrasemakings
pinos
power weight ratio
prolified
rageaholics
ravet
reactive termination
redirector
retrofittable
rookly
rotundatus
rugous
satyr plays
sea-cornet
Seckels
single-tub wagon tipper
special holder
spironolactone(anti-aldosterone)
spitball
standard money unit of account
state of permanent neutrality
statistic bit rate
steel hemp
suck at
suratenses
to service
tweer
underground gasification of coal
urcaryote
variable-duration
water regeneration technique
whip a fault out of sb.
wormly
yellowishness