Old Age Many people mistakenly believe that old age is a time of increased illness and loneliness.In fact, people do not suddenly change when they reach the age of 60 or 65.Consequently,We should not expert more mental illness among the 60 to 70 age

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(179) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业四级考试指南

[ti:UNIT 4 Stay Healthy Lesson 25 What's Wrong with Danny?] [0:00.487]UNIT 4 第四单元 [0:02.009]Stay Healthy 保持健康 [0:03.796]Lesson 25: 第二十五课: [0:05.765]What's Wrong with Danny? 丹尼怎么了? [0:08.754]THINK ABOUT IT! [0:1

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 河北教育初中英语(初中起点)九年级上

要做医学扫描,或者取报告前,人们或多或少都感到紧张,为自己的身体状况感到担忧,这就是扫描焦虑症。 Scanxiety is the anxiety experienced while waiting to undergo a medical scan or receive the results of on

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

1. appear,显得,看起来象。 eg:He appeared to be talking to himself. 他似乎在自言自语。 2. upset, 心烦的,苦恼的。 eg:He was horribly upset over her illness. 他为她的病而忧心忡忡。 3. chaotic,混乱的,杂乱无章的

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠教你听英语广播

only to 结果却 only too非常 The police hurried to the spot,only tofind that the damaged car had been taken away. 警察急忙赶到现场,结果发现被毁的汽车已经被人拖走了。 He got to the station,only tofind the bus had gone. 他

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

My home town is a beautiful place. It stands beside a wide river and is rich in fish and rice. But in the old days it was a poor and backward little town.Many people had no work. They lived a hard life. In 1949 my hometown was liberated. Since then g

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

AS IT IS 2015-06-25 Philanthropist Provides Homes for the Homeless 慈善家给无家可归者提供住处 Each day, thousands of people with mental illness are living on the streets of cities and towns across America. The U.S Department of Housing a

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Some of her patients even developed illnesses due to the bitterness they carried around as a result of hiding their true feelings. 她的一些病患,甚至还因隐藏自己真实的感受所积累的怨气而生病了。 学习重点: 1.patient

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

So I'm a woman with chronic schizophrenia. I've spent hundreds of days in psychiatric hospitals. I might have ended up spending most of my life on the back ward of a hospital, but that isn't how my life turned out. In fact, I've managed to stay clear

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Everybody loves the swimming pool. But how clean is the water in the average backyard or public pool? If you trust chlorine to take care of germs, you're in for a surprise. Chlorine and other disinfec

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1. Develop a support system 1.培养一个支持系统 You and your spouse will need to support each other so that taking care of your child is less stressful. You will need someone to talk to who understands what you are going through, and your spou

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Treating mental illness 心理疾病治疗 Body and soul 身体与灵魂 A professional schism hinders Britain's mental-health system 一个专业性的分裂阻碍英国心理健康系统 THE day after Mandy Peck tried to electrocute herself in the

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

Lack of soap means illness, death for millions of children STORY HIGHLIGHTS Millions of people in developing countries don't have access to soap or clean water Many young children die because their immune systems can't fight diarrheal diseases Often,

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Nowadays, as peoples live standard is much better than before, people no longer struggle for hunger, but the new problem comes. Many people suffer from sub-health, which can result in both physical and mental diseases, the worse situation is that som

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

cherish now no longer missed 珍惜现在 不再错过 John, a famous musician, took his priceless antique zither and played it in the crowded subway station. The music emanating from the zither was delicately streaming throughout the whole station.

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

This is WEEKEND EDITION from NPR News. I'm Scott Simon. Many subjects that were once considered impossible to talk about are now dinner table conversation. The taboo of mental illness can still be difficult. Eva Rosenfeld and Madeline Halpert are hig

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Common Symptoms of Too Much Stress 压力太大的共同特征 What Are Your Stress Symptoms? 你表现出来的工作压力症状有哪些? We all experience stress in our daily lives from different sources: jobs, relationships, finances. And whethe

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Subject: She is fit as a fiddle. 迷你对话 A: Hi, Clive. Nice to meet you. How is your mother now? 你好,Clive,很高兴见到你,你妈妈身体如何? B: Thank you. She is fit as a fiddle. 谢谢关心,她身体十分健康。 地道表

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Britain 英国 Mental Health: Out of the shadows 心理疾病:走出阴影 Mental illness is at last getting the attention, if not the money it needs. 即便不是急需的财政援助,心理疾病至少争取到了它所该有的关注。 Mental

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

MEGAN THOMPSON: Police officer Christopher Ross patrols a precinct on the south side of Memphis an area with a very high rate of crime. Ross sees a lot of violence, drug use and prostitution. But those aren't the only types of calls that Ross respond

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列