Many of the chronically homeless suffer from mental illness, and experts say that psychiatric treatment is an important step in resolving their homelessness. The challenge is -- finding a place for them to live and getting them into treatment. On any

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

unit05_newwords_a ||1weep|vi.|cry |哭泣 ||||It's not worth weeping over him. |为他流泪完全不值得。 ||||People wept with joy when the end of the war was announced. |宣布战争结束时,人们喜极而泣。 ||2calculator|n.|[C] a small

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程词汇 第一册

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: This is sound from a stage in Charlotte, N.C. Willie Nelson was set to perform. Our co-host, David Greene, has more on what happened. DAVID GREENE, BYLINE: Or what didn't happen. Willie Nelson came out onstage. He picked up his g

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

In labs, bacteria may swim freely, but out in the world, including our bodies, bacteria often exists packed together, dense communities called biofilms, and these configurations can help them cause illness. Finding clues about how such bacteria group

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

本单元是关于看医生的对话 Dr. Kelly: So, what's the matter? Alice: Well, I've been feeling ill ever since a barbecue a few days ago. My stomach's still upset, and I feel dizzy. Dr. Kelly: I see. Any other symptoms? Alice: Erm, I've got a bit of a tem

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 公寓伙伴

Believe In God And Feel Better 有信仰会感觉更好么? Whether or not a treatment for an illness or disorder works usually doesnt depend on whether we believe it will work. For example, if you have an MRI, barring a malfunction, the technology

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

模仿文本: It's expected to come into force later this month. It includes a provision requiring mental health professionals to report patients who they think are likely to harm themselves or others. Now that provision is causing alarm and anger

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

And I like this 'coz everybody see that a human being can manage an illness like my illness. And everybody can see in this film there is a way to make known the best from your end of your life. So thi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 生命物语

In July, a mentally ill woman decapitated her mother before committing suicide by jumping out of her apartment window. In June, a teenage boy stabbed his mother and sister to death. A month before that, a man with history of mental illness stabbed hi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

Scientists Target Mosquito-Borne Illnesses Of all the disease-spreading insects in the world, the mosquito poses the greatest menace, according to the World Health Organization (WHO). As if to underscore that threat, two mosquito-borne viral diseases

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

Three foreign dairy producers, Wyeth, Beingmate and Meiji have been exempted from punishment. As the head of the Chinese price watchdog has explained, its because these companies have actively cooperated with the probe. 三家外国乳制品公司惠氏

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年08月

11.among 与 between between 的意思是在中间,在之间,一般指在两者之间。例如:There is a table beween the two windows. 在两扇窗户之间有一张桌子。/ We have our breakfast between seven and half past seven. 我们在七

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

Lesson 175 Fun 1. It's not right to make fun of a cripple. 2. We made fun of her because she wore a strange hat. 3. Don't make fun of others when they make some mistakes. 4. She's very lively and full of fun. 5. His illness takes all the fun out of h

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

Swine Flu Prompts Karaoke Boom 猪流感引发卡拉OK热 The global pandemic that is Influenza H1N1, more commonly known as swine flu, continues its rapid and virulent spread. The World Health Organisation reported the number of infected people to h

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

介绍: [英] holiday n. How many days' holiday do you get with your new job? 你的新工作有多少天假期? holiday v. 度假 My parents are holidaying in Spain this year. 我的父母今年要去西班牙度假。 [美] vacation We're taking

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Subject: I hope they can bail you out from illness soon. 第一、迷你对话 A: Here are your drugs. I hope they can bail you out from illness soon. 这是您的药,希望您早日康复。 B: Thanks a million. 非常感谢。 第二.地道表达

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Europe has been in the grip of an outbreak of E.coli, which has so far infected 2,400 people and killed 24. Most cases have been caused by contaminated food produce, although E.coli can spread from person to person. Daniel Bahr, the German health min

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Former pro football player Tim Green was a well-known voice on this program in the '90s. He offered commentaries on a violent sport. (SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED BROADCAST) TIM GREEN: My parents told me when I was a boy, if I was going

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

Dear Annie: My adult son, Nick, has been hospitalized more than a dozen times and treated in emergency rooms nearly 100 times over the past 18 years. He has shot himself, stabbed himself in the liver (both accidental) and has had innumerable bouts of

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

DAVID GREENE, HOST: The Supreme Court has refused to hear an appeal from veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan who say the toxic smoke from burn pits made them sick. A group of vets had sued the military contracting giant KBR for damages, but the 4th Circ

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年NPR美国国家公共电台1月