Broadcast: Jan 20 20031` The movie musical Chicago and the drama The Hours have taken top honors in Hollywood's Golden Globe awards. Martin Scorsese was named best director for Gangs of New York, whil

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-文艺之窗

Unit1 Part4 Invitations 邀 请 Dialogue 1 A: I'm sorry, but I have to cancel our luncheon appointment. B: I'm sorry to hear that. A: I have pressing business to attend to. B: No problem. We'll make it later in the month. Dialogue 2 A: If you're free

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 流利美国口语

This is... Here's ... meet ... Do you know each other? Have I introduced you to ...? Do you know ...? Have you met ...? I want you to meet ... I'd like you to meet ... May I introduce ... Allow me to introduce ... Please let me introduce ... May I p

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 新鲜人类俚语

EDUCATION REPORT – May 2, 2002: Teacher of the Year By Jerilyn Watson This is the Special English Education Report. A social studies teacher from the state of California has been honored as the Nati

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Broadcast: May 8, 2003 By Jerilyn Watson This is the VOA Special English Education Report. A schoolteacher from the American state of Alabama will spend the next year as an international ambassador1 f

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-社会广角

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. This week, we tell about the highest honors for science and technology in the United States. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: On July twenty-seventh,

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(八)月

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Seven activists from around the world have received the Goldman Environmental Prize for two thousand nine. Former Vice President Al Gore presented the prizes in San Francisco, California last week.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

Heading for a festival in Portugal, a time-honored tradition, Carols and his family know what it takes for their small country to make it all the way to the World Cup semifinals. Being small doesn't m

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2006年

AMERICAN MOSAIC - New Young Artists Honored With Awards from Scholastic Corporation CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Christopher Cruise. On our program this week, we play music from Lady Gagas latest

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(五)月

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Duke Ellington: One of the Most Popular Musicians of the Twentieth CenturyBy Paul Thompson Broadcast: Sunday, March 26, 2006 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Richard Rael. VOICE TWO: And I'm

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(三)月

四六级阅读占考试的比重很大,很多考友也为阅读烦恼不已,该怎么办呢?两个字:多看! 所以,从今天开始,每天会节选一些文章和大家一起阅读。 接

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The U.S has Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Aniston, but in China, superstars do not get any bigger than Li Bing Bing and she's showing America why, in the big-screen version of the best-selling book Snow Flower and The Secret Fan. Ple

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Seven women were honored last week in Washington for their efforts to expand democracy and womens rights in their countries. The seven from China, Guatemala, India and Sudan received awards from Vi

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(三)月

VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about a person important in the history of the United States. Today, we tell about actor and dancer Gene Kel

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(五)月

AS IT IS 2015-11-17 American Killed in Paris Attacks 一名美国留学生死于巴黎恐袭 A study-abroad student from the U.S. was one of the 120 people killed in the Paris terror attacks. Nohemi Gonzalez was 23 and a design student at California

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

In the name of God the most beneficent, the most merciful who is the God of all mankind. Wherever I go and speak, the only problem I face is that the podium is usually taller than me. So I hope it will be good this time. Im feeling honored that I am

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Ray Charles, Pt. 2 By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Sunday, July 18, 2004 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Doug Johnson with People In America in VOA Spe

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

What went down wasn't your fault. 事情发展成这样并不是你的错 I didn't say it was. 我没说是我的错 Oliver, it wasn't your fault, man. 奥利弗,这不是你的错,伙计 You gave Reston a chance. 你给过莱斯顿机会 That wa

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

The British drama The King's Speech took top honors at the Academy Awards in Hollywood Sunday evening, earning the Oscar(奥斯卡金像奖) for best picture, and awards for lead actor Colin Firth and director Tom Hooper. The film was also honored fo

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(233) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1.How is every thing? 一切都好吗? 还可说成: Is everything OK? Is everything going well with you? 谚语: To know everything is to know nothing. 样样精通,样样稀松。 2.Thank you for your coming. 感谢您的到来。 还可说成

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇