INTRODUCTION TO ACT I Today on TUNING IN THE U.S.A., Robbie, Richard, and Grandpa Stewart are traveling across Arizona. Richard is looking for people and places to photograph for his book. And Robbie wants to find a topic to write about. Today they a

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 欢乐美语

David Tang到Players杂志社求职面试,考官是杂志社经理Fred Dixon。 F: Ok...what do you think are your biggest weaknesses? D: Hmm...I'd say that my biggest weakness is a tendency to be a bit of a perfectionist. Sometimes I get too close

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

I am honored to be with you today at your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. I never graduated from college. Truth be told, this is the closest I've ever gotten to a college graduation. Today I want to tell you three stori

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

David Tang到Players杂志社求职面试,考官是杂志社经理Fred Dixon。 F: Ok...what do you think are your biggest weaknesses? D: Hmm...I'd say that my biggest weakness is a tendency to be a bit of a perfectionist. Sometimes I get too close

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

PRESIDENT GEORGE H.W. BUSH: Thank you very much. (Applause.) Thank you. Thank you. (Applause.) Thank you, Ambassador. Mr. President, all you distinguished guests, including the man that was responsible for my coming out here in 1974 -- Henry Kissing

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Nigerian Doctor Honored for Fight Against River Blindness From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report in Special English. Nigerian doctor Uche Amazigo has received the Prince Mahidol Award for outstanding efforts in public health. Dr. Amazig

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Health Report - Nigerian Doctor Honored for Fight Against River Blindness 健康报道 - 尼日利亚医生由于抗击河盲症获得玛希隆王子奖 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report in Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(二)月

AS IT IS 2015-05-18 Blues Music Great B.B. King Dead at 89 蓝调之王B.B. King去世享年89岁 A great master of blues guitar, B.B. King, is dead. King died Thursday night at his home in Las Vegas, Nevada. He was 89 years old. B.B. King was in the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Atlantis Crew 'Honored' to Be On Final Shuttle Mission The space shuttle Atlantis is preparing for the final mission of the U.S. shuttle program next month. Atlantis's crew is excited and reflective before the space craft's last flight. The crew, led

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(六月)

News Reporters from Somalia, Tunisia, Azerbaijani, Sri Lanka cited for upholding press freedoms in their countries Chris Simkins | Washington, DC 23 November 2009 The director of Somalia's largest media company (HornAfrik) was killed on the streets

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

US Civil Rights Leader Honored 50 Years After His Assassination Fifty years ago Medgar Evers was fighting for equal rights for African Americans in Mississippi. Myrlie Evers worked by her husband's side. She says his goal was to wipe out discriminati

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

今天我们要学的词是in the line of duty。 In the line of duty意思是在执行公务的时候。North Carolina firefighters honored their comrades who were killed in the line of duty last year, 北卡罗来纳州的消防队员悼念了去年在

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

今天我们要学的词是centennial。 Centennial, 意思是百年纪念。 The centennial of the sinking of the Titanic has triggered numerous commemoration events, 泰坦尼克号沉船一百周年引发了很多纪念活动。 The United States

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

EU leaders honored by Nobel Peace Prize award: statement BRUSSELS, Oct. 12 (Xinhua) -- The award of this year's Nobel Peace Prize to the European Union (EU) was a tremendous honor and the strongest possible recognition of its efforts to shape a conti

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是rename. Rename 动词,意思是重新命名。The Obama administration will rename Alaska's Mount Mckinley, North America's highest peak, to Denali. 美国政府将把北美最高峰麦金利山改名为德纳里峰。The

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Clinton Calls for Reflection on US Ideals During July 4 Independence Day Holiday More than a million people are gathering in Washington ahead of Sunday's Independence Day festivities as well as for the annual Smithsonian Folklife Festival on the Nati

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Photo: National Portrait Gallery-Smithsonian Institution In this wooden sculpture by Marshall D. Rumbaugh, Rosa Parks is held by two policemen. Parks was arrested after refusing to give up her seat to a white male bus rider in Montgomery, Alabama. On

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Eternal Wave, a Chinese movie set during the anti-Japanese occupation era is set to be released in Chinese theatres on Friday. Eternal Wave or Mi Zhan(密战) as it is known in Chinese follows Lin Xiang, a secret agent working underground to reestabl

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Ed: Good morning, Tom. I'd like you to meet Alice. She's our new Software Engineer. Alice, Jim is our Department Manager. Jim: (shakes hands w Alice) Hello, it's a pleasure to meet you, Alice. Welcome aboard. Alice: Its honored to meet u, sir. I'm lo

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

You want to know the secret to victory 你想知道成功的秘诀 Fail to make the varsity in the team 曾没能进入大学校队 Start your carrer as a walk on 以配角开始你的生涯 Goal three and thirteen your rookie season 新秀赛季3胜

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 篮球英文堂