Civil Rights Pioneer Rosa Parks Honored with Capitol Statue It's a lasting tribute to Rosa Parks -- known as the mother of the U.S. civil rights movement. Dignitaries gathered to unveil a nearly three-meter-tall bronze sculpture of Parks in the U.S.

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(二月)

DAVID GREENE, HOST: A king, a senator and a sultan will be honored at the White House this afternoon. President Trump is presenting the nation's highest civilian honor to seven people that also includes Elvis Presley and Babe Ruth. The president deci

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Well, I have designed for the first lady for a long time now. It's a wonderful opportunity for someone else to have it as well. I think it's the gift that I was given. I can't, what would be a good word, I can't own it, I can't hold it. I think someb

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2013年

By Paul Sisco Washington 27 April 2007 The Goldman Prize is awarded annually to six individuals from around the world who have dedicated their lives, sometimes at great risk, to protecting the world's natural resources. Paul Sisco reports. Goldman En

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(四月)

By Melinda Smith Washington, D.C. 28 November 2006 watch Polonium report A handout image released November 20 2006, shows Alexander Litvinenko, at the University College Hospital, in London Three people have been sent for radiological testing to see

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

Activists Honored by Refugee Advocacy Group There are about 44 million refugees and internally-displaced people around the world and 12 million stateless individuals living in limbo without citizenship rights. This according to Refugees International

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

At his last ceremonial appearance as U.S. President, George Bush honored three men who have been among his staunchest allies abroad during his eight years in office. Former Prime Ministers Tony Blair, former Australian Prime Minister John Howard and

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(一月)

A carnival atmosphere has engulfed downtown Washington, where more than a million people watched Barack Obama become the 44th President of the United States and America's first African American leader. Mr. Obama took the oath of office on the steps

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(一月)

Americans Honored for Acts of Bravery 美国公民因勇敢行为受到表彰 ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA A group of Americans which has received the U.S. military's highest honor for bravery is gathering this week in Knoxville, Tennessee, for the premiere o

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(四月)

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: Among the guests Donald Trump's inauguration tomorrow will be one of his kindred spirits, a fellow populist who railed against immigration and who helped drive an electoral upset that stunned the world. I'm talking about the Brit

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

By Margaret Besheer Arlington, Virginia 03 May 2006 Man looks at memorial A total of 59 journalists who lost their lives last year in the pursuit of news have been honored by the Freedom Forum in Arli

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

t's been such a brilliant year to be in my home, the UK. And so I have to send the royals off on this trip if I'll be fitting to be part of the farewell for them. So I was really very honored to be asked and happy that I could put in the schedule. Th

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角