17 Hints and Innuendo GLOSSARY coming up happening in the near future; occurring soon * Coming up next, well talk to a man who has three pet bears. to get at to say indirectly; to communicate something to another person withoutsaying it directly; to

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

赖世雄旅游观光英语通教你学会观光旅游的各种对话、句子。 Unpleasant Surprise 令人不悦的意外 Back at the hostel, Kathy makes an unpleasant discovery. 凯西回旅社后发现了一件令人不悦的事。 K:Would you ha

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(143) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄旅游观光英语通

很轻快很耐听,歌词很可爱:Donna Lewis- I could be the one 成长于英国卡地夫威尔士市的Donna,早在6岁时她就开始接触和弹奏钢琴。启蒙老师即Donna的父亲还引导小Lewis学着创作自己的歌曲,而这时

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 英文手机铃声歌曲

Donna Lewis I Could Be The One I Could Be The One 倾我所有 I could be your sea of sand 我愿成为你宁静的港湾 I could be your warmth of desire 我愿成为你渴望的温暖 I could be your prayer of hope 我愿成为你希望的祈祷 I

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

Now I want you to listen very carefully. I'm going to need you to get away from your friends; do you think you can do that? Answer yes or no. 现在,我要你仔细听着。我要你离开你的朋友,你觉得你能做到吗?回答我是或者不

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Dialogue: JJ:Hello? 京晶:喂? XG:Hey, Jing Jing. Its me,Xiao Gao! 小高:喂,京晶啊,是我,小高! JJ:Xiao Gao! Why are you calling me? I just sent you a text message! You just breached an inexcusable cellphone etiquette rule! 京晶

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Dialogue Cellphone Etiquette JJ:Hello? XG:Hey, Jing Jing. Its me, Xiao Gao! JJ:Xiao Gao! Why are you calling me? I just sent you a text message! You just breached an inexcusable cell phone etiquette rule! XG:Are you kidding me? Go on, tell me some of

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

Now, the VOA Learning English program Words and Their Stories. On this program we explore common expressions that we use in everyday life. Today we are talking about a simple verb -- to blow. Sometimes the word means to push air out of your mouth, li

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Having been married a long time, my husband sometimes needs a gentle reminder of a special occasion. On the morning of our 35th anniversary, we were sitting at the breakfast table when I hinted,

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(180) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

As a coping strategy when dealing with literary snobs (who will judge you to your face because you havent read the books they have), you sometimes have to pretend youve read a book you havent. 相信你一定遇到过这样的人,如果你没读过他

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

讲解文本: obtuse 迟钝的 You were too obtuse to take the hint. 你太迟钝了,没有理解这种暗示。 Stop being so obtuse! You know what I mean. 不要装迟钝了!你知道我的意思! 疯狂练习吧!

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 愉悦口语

英语学习笔记: Britain + Exit = Brexit 表示英国脱欧 dude 兄弟,家伙 Dude Food 表示纯爷们食物 Throw Shade share + parent = Sharenting 热衷于晒娃的人 Junk food such as hot dogs, burgers, etc considered particularly appea

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

本期真题 1. Nancy is only a sort of ______ of her husband's opinion and has no ideas of her own. A) sample B) reproduction C) shadow D) echo 2. Now that spring is here, you can ______ these fur co

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

今天我们要学的词是running mate。 Running mate, 是竞选伙伴的意思。 麦凯恩参议员已被认定是2008年共和党总统候选人。现在He has begun getting together a list of names to choose a running mate. 当然,总统候选人

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Donna lewis是英国流行歌手兼词曲作者,六岁起演奏刚琴, 受当时为爵士乐刚琴演奏者的父亲的影响,donna还是少年时就开始了歌曲创作。长大以后,除去学习任务,donna常喜欢到酒巴里唱歌,后来建立了自己的录音室,开始录制自己创作的歌曲。 这首i could be the one节奏

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

There are still a lot of ladies out there who believe it is, well, unladylike to ask out a man. Why is this still a thing? We can be strong and career-driven but we still have to wait around and hope a man asks us out in order to go on a date? That's

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

文本 C: I was checking to see if Blair had changed her number. S: If she's not calling you back, you should probably take the hint. C: I went to see her last week. She never came home. It's not like our girl to be out all night. Look, I know someth

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Schumpeter 熊彼特 Life in the fast lane 快车道生活 Business people are racing to learn from Formula One drivers 商务人士竞相向一级方程式车手学习 ON THE face of it business executives and Formula One drivers have nothing in com

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

嘉宾:Debbie Mason 话题:的确良,的确很时尚!Polyester Birthday 单词拼写: 1、polyester 涤纶(的确良) 2、chemist 化学家 3、synthetic fibre: man-made,artifical fibre 人造纤维 4、fiesta 嘉年华 5、subtle 不明

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 聆听悦耳英音

wipe v.擦拭,消灭 The waitress wiped the table with a damp cloth. 这位服务员用湿抹布擦桌子。 The typhoon wiped out the whole village. 台风席卷了整个村子。 angel n.天使 She has a perfect voice and sings just like an angel

发表于:2019-03-17 / 阅读(337) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄进阶英语词汇3500