Boys and girls are equal, but it could take generations to change centuries of tradition. The abandonment of baby girls isn't the only consequence of the one child policy. When a child doesn't have any brothers and sisters, something else may happen.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

After meeting the foster moms, we all walk to the actual orphanage where Marissa was brought as a baby. We're told there are about 500 children living at this orphanage. There are tens of thousands of children just like them across China. All around

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Why is a boy so important? A girl is a person, too. I was angry. I told him, If you want to send me back to Hubei, I can't stop you. You think boys are so important, you can just stay here alone. That's what I told him then. 'If I have a girl, I'll t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Hormones, the telegraph system of the body. Some time, between the ages of 9 and 16 they'll start to tell your body to change very fast. This movie is rated H for hurl. Mr. Matthews, calm down and watch the film. The changes won't all be physical. So

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 听美剧学英语-《淘小子看世界》

Why Don't Girls Think Like Boys? Do you believe that only boys do well in science? Does it seem to you that girls have better vocabularies than boys? In your opinion, are boys better at building things? If your answer to each of those questions is Ye

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Alan Silverman A youth counselor's real-life experience with teenagers and high school social circles forms the basis of a wickedly witty new comedy film starring Lindsay Lohan and written by Tina Fey

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--艺术专集

Whoa-ah-ah-ah-oh Goin' out on the weekend 周末出门轰趴 Gettin' dressed with my girls 和姐妹们盛装打扮 Put on my favorite lip gloss 涂上我最爱的润唇膏 Cherry Garcia swirl 樱桃冰淇淋漩涡 Perfume, pleasure, and platforms 香水

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

Wednesday night, Howard asked Glenn if he wanted to go fishing and girl-watching that weekend at Santa Fe Lake. Well leave Friday morning and return late Sunday night, he said. Glenn said he had to clean out his garage, so Howard went by himself. How

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

#BringBackOurGirls Continues to Demand Return of Chibok Girls BringBackOurGirls运动致力提高妇女的安全、教育与平等 ABUJA In Africa, the story of the Chibok girls represents the struggle to improve the conditions for women: their secur

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(三月)

Came home in the middle of the night Father says what you're gonna do with your life Well daddy dear you're still number one Oh girls they want to have fun Oh girls they... The phone rings in the middle of the night My mother says when you gonna live

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Scouting for Girls是伦敦一支独立流行乐队 Artist:Scouting for Girls Song:Heartbeat Am I alone in your heart? Have I hope with your heart? She's such a teaser, she's such a star. Give me a reason or gimme a chance. Am I alone in your hea

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

By Melinda Smith Washington 20 September 2007 The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently released alarming statistics that show the suicide rate for American children and teenagers was up between 2003 to 2004. That is the most recen

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

40-Year-Old US Law Still Provides Sports Opportunities for Girls At a recent Washington tournament, America's top high school girls' basketball teams did more than just play the game. They learned about a 40-year-old law that has helped many girls pu

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

An organization in the United States is helping girls maintain a healthy lifestyle and build self esteem. Girls on the Run uses running to encourage girls from 8 to 13 to stay in physical shape. The group also holds after school sessions where girls

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Indian Girls Rise Up Against Child Marriage Bitika Das is concentrating on her school work. The 16-year-old girl from a small village in West Bengal state knows this opportunity to study is one that was nearly lost two years ago when her parents arra

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

While women continue to advance in American society, many little girls still get stuck in a world of fairytale princesses and frilly pink dresses. That does not sit well with journalist Peggy Orenstein, who mused about her young daughter's obsession

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(三月)

Sharon Carter wanted to take a pottery class. She didn't want to go alone. She invited her husband to go with her. I don't want to do that! said Mr. Carter. Pottery is for girls! This made Sharon very angry. She could not believe he said that. That's

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第4级听力-English Level 4

In public high schools across America, large classes containing a mix of both boys and girls are the norm. However, in a move that's drawing high marks from students, one public school in Maryland has decided to buck that tradition. Class experimentA

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十一)月

Refugee Girls' Chorus Sings Message of Hope When the girls in the Pihcintu Multicultural Children's Chorus sing about peace, the tunes have special meaning for them. Many are refugees who fled their homes in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, seeking

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

da da da da The smell of your skin lingers on me now You're probably on your flight back to your hometown I need some shelter of my own protection baby Be with myself in center, clarity, peace, serenity I hope you know, I hope you know That this has

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音