Anne Look | Dakar 29 June 2010 Fearing social stigma, families in Senegal's southern region are remaining silent in the face of widespread sexual violence against girls, says a study released this month. A study released this month revealed alarming

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

And China's population is coming under control, but there are consequences no one intended. Couples often feel they must have a boy. That's because boys traditionally carry on the family name, provide labor and stay with parents in their old age, a k

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

Not too far away is a little girl who has never known a mother, and she's never known a father, and she's never known a big sister. And today she's gonna get out of that. Hi, welcome to Ultimate Explorer, I'm Lisa Ling. Tonight, a story I've been wan

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

青春摇滚:她真可爱 Scouting for Girls - She's So Lovely Artist:Scouting for Girls Song:She's So Lovely I love the way she fills her clothes she looks just like them girls in Vogue I love the way she plays it cool I think that she is beautifu

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 情人节英文歌曲

下一个麦当娜P!nk 的音乐张力:Stupid Girls P!nk是美国一位著名女歌手,前期风格为RB、Hip-Hop、Ballads为主,后期转向Pop/Rock(流行/摇滚)。她是一个常有 着惊世装扮,性感劲酷的新世代辣妹,虽

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 格莱美获奖歌曲

Big Girls Don't Cry (Personal) da da da da The smell of your skin lingers on me now You're probably on your flight back to your hometown I need some shelter of my own protection baby Be with myself in center, clarity, peace, serenity I hope you know,

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

Song:Sound Of The Underground Artist:Girls Aloud Disco dancing with the lights down low Beats are pumping on the stereo Neighbours banging on the bathroom wall Your sayin' crank the bass I gotta get some more Waters runnin' in the wrong direction

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语热力歌曲

A Better World for Women and Girls 社论呼吁用道德和政治运动来结束妇女压迫 A British Medical Journal editorial calls for a moral and political movement to end violence and oppression against women and girls. It says about one billio

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

A group of young women from around the world has gathered this week in the city of Toronto, Canada. They are delegates to the first-ever G(irls)20 Summit, meeting in advance of the G-20 Economic Summit taking place later this month. They are meeting

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

At the week-long conference, participants are focusing on three primary roadblocks to getting and keeping girls in school: violence, poverty and the poor quality of education. Scholars, aid workers, and government officials from 22 countries are in D

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Author Lisa See takes readers on turbulent journey from China torn by war in 1930s to Los Angeles' Chinatown Mike O'Sullivan | Los Angeles 15 April 2010 Author Lisa See In her novel Shanghai Girls, author Lisa See takes readers on a turbulent journey

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

Institutions like the United Nations and World Bank are increasing their attention on girls education, but in countries like the West African nation of Mali only about half of all girls are enrolled in school. There are efforts by local people in rur

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: This week, the Boy Scouts of America decided to allow girls into its scouting program. Families are figuring out what this week's announcement means. Anna Boiko-Weyrauch caught up with a few parents and Scouts in Seattle. ANNA BOIK

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Gus and Bob were talking. They were talking about girls. They were talking about how hard it is to pick up girls. What do girls want? They were confused. Jerry walked by. He joined the conversation. He told them what girls want. They want a guy with

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

女孩子 当你长大:Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Greg Laswell,来自美国的民谣歌手。他的声音低缓中带有令人安慰的宁静特质,他的歌也经常出现在电影和电视剧的配乐中。这首Girls Just Wanna Have Fun是他比

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

They may be the victims of unwanted sexual advances. And unfortunately, very, very often it might come even from their teachers. When boys and girls reach puberty, their bodies go through many physical changes. But for girls in Africa, the onset of m

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Jack opened his eyes. Warm sunshine streamed intothe tree house. We sure don't need the flashlight here, he said. Look, Morgan gave us clothes like the ones wewore in Pompeii, said Annie. Jack looked down. His clothes were similar to the ones he'd wo

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

能否听到我的爱:Boys Like Girls-Thunder Boys Like Girls成立于2005年,是来自美国波士顿的一支四人摇滚乐队。2007年3月17日Boys Like Girls被Spin杂志的读者投票选为2006 Artist of the Year。 Song:Thunder Artist:

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

英国女团Girls Aloud重组新单《Beautiful Cause You Love Me》 英国偶像女团Girls Aloud重聚回归!十年精选专辑《Ten》发行在即。这首全新单曲《Beautiful Cause You Love Me》率先入耳,这次Girls Alouds带来了一首

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Ryan Geertsma. Voice 2 And I'm Ruby Jones. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 The Swat Valley is an area in

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(189) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight