Jimmy因为天性腼腆,所以每逢社交活动,一律能推就推。同事Brad和Pam努力说服Jimmy, 因为social networking是事业发展一个不可缺少的环节。Pam说, P: You know, I'm not such a big fan of company events myself. I

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Paul和Sara夫妇俩人跟老朋友Jesse和Miika 一起吃饭,Jesse刚失业,打算回去完成硕士学位。 P: But that's gonna take you at least two years to finish! J: Actually, I can do it in 10 months by online correspondence course. M: Yo

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

部门经理Paul Chen和他的上司Sue Krammer要开除一名雇员。 P: Sue, I really need your help with this one. S: Oh? What's the problem? P: I've been asked to fire Tom Smith. S: Oh...yeah...firing someone is hard. I've had to do it many time

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

MicroMax公司销售部主管Fred给客户Tom打电话,讨论涨价的事情。Fred要涨25%,Tom嫌太多。 F: I feel your pain, Tom. We are also in hot water these days. The global financial crisis is hitting all of us hard. T: Is there anyway

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

13,000 years ago, the ice age cheetah was the pronghorn's greatest enemy. And pronghorn would have needed all their amazing speed. The American cheetah was larger than its African cousin. But it had the same Achilles' heel. A cheetah's high-performan

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

About The Money是美国嘻哈唱片歌手T.I.和Young Thug共同演唱的一首歌曲。 About the Money - T.I. We got landing on a train! Bustin' out the bando A nigga jewelry real metal like a can opener I went from rags to riches to a feature wit

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2015最新精选英文歌曲

Yeah (yeah) we bring the stars out, We bring the women and the cars and the cards out, Lets have a toast a celebration get a glass out, And we can do this until we pass out. (so) Let it rain, Let it pour away, We wont come down, Until we hit the grou

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他到办公室去找美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 今天晚上的表演你去吗? A:Yes, I'm looking forward to it. Our new boss, Mr. Brown, is being kind to take us all to celebrate the

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他跟美国同事Amy一起走出会议室。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 今天我第一次主持会议。你觉得怎么样? A:I thought you did well considering that you have not been in that position b

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他遇到美国同事Amy。 (Office ambience) A:Hi Chen Hao, how are you today? C:还不错,你呢? A:I'm fine, just taking a quick break. C:我刚才看到一件怪事。 A:What? C:我在走廊

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公关部主任Janet Liu召集下属开会,询问中东代表团的活动安排。 Janet Liu: Good morning, Silvia. Good morning, Pete. How is my public relations team doing today? Silvia Kranson: Morning, Ms. Liu. Pete Chan: Very well, thank you.

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Kim跟朋友Anita一起去吃饭。Anita想跟公司要求涨工资,可是不知道怎么开口,Kim给她出主意。 I can present quite a bit of hard data to demonstrate my usefulness to the company. K: That's great! Then you have to figure out

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Paul和Sara夫妇俩跟老朋友Jesse和Miika一起吃饭。 P: It's so good to see you guys! It's been forever! M: We should try to set a monthly dinner date...we've missed you! S: So what's new? J: Tracy just turned four. She's growing ridiculously

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司开会讨论支出账目,经理Tim和会计部主任John告诉大家,要紧缩开支,首先从员工可报销的账目下手。Tim说, Tim: I'm not going to sugarcoat it: we'll have to cut back on our expenses or we'll have to cut back

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

公司开会讨论支出账目,经理Tim和会计部主任John告诉大家要紧缩开支,首先从员工可报销的账目下手。 Tim (manager): Ok, now for the last item on our agenda: expense accounts. Let me turn the meeting over to our chi

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

The store of pollen paints a picture of the plains of 13,000 years ago, a picture that looks very different from the open prairie grassland of today. But why did this region look so different back then? The ice sheets to the north, although retreatin

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

By David Gollust State Department 29 February 2008 A senior Bush administration official Thursday rejected the partition of newly-independent Kosovo in any form. Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Nicholas Burns says the United States and

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

Hello, and welcome to our show. Today, well be making one of my favourite recipes. Its called the egg spaghetti. First, what you will need for this recipe is: About a hundred grams of dried spaghetti, Two table spoons of olive oil, Fifty grams of min

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

According to a new study more people live in poverty in eight Indian states than in 26 of sub-Saharan Africa's poorest countries. The creators of the new study said the level of poverty in South Asia compared to Africa was a surprising discovery. The

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

采访中国足球超级联赛推广大使的对话 A:感谢你作为中国足球超级联赛推广大使接受我们的采访。你访问北京有一周了,有什么感想? Thank you for having this interview as the ambassador for Chinese Prem

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译