5. Look Like a Million Without Breaking the Bank Sure, celebrities like Jennifer Aniston and Uma Thurman always look chic and stylish -- they also have unlimited clothing budgets that put the latest looks at their fingertips! But you can still look a

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 听美文故事记6级单词

VOA美语咖啡屋 Lesson 69:Diana Crespi, Festive Italiano Organizer Y: 各位听众好。欢迎您到美语咖啡屋。我是杨晨。 J: Hello and welcome to American Cafe. I'm Jody. Y: Jody你终于回来了。这次去意大利玩得怎么样?

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语中级

今天,本杰明带着罗拉来参观故宫博物馆。故宫里面非凡的建筑和景观把罗拉惊呆了,本杰明则在一边细心地讲解着。 Listen Read Learn Laura: Uncle Ben, how did the Forbidden City get this name? Benjamin: Well, in the feudal society, emperors had supreme power,

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第二册

How would you celebrate your wedding anniversary? A party with your friends perhaps, or maybe a dinner for two in a small intimate restaurant? Britains reigning monarch Queen Elizabeth II and her husband Prince Philip have celebrated their 60th weddi

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

The kindness of strangers Last year, we reported on a new approach to lifesaving kidney donations, a kind of pay-it-forward idea, pairing those in need with those willing to be donors for people they've never met. From that first selfless gift, many

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2008

Y: 各位听众好。欢迎您到美语咖啡屋。我是杨晨。 J: Hello and welcome to American Cafe. I'm Jody. Y: Jody你终于回来了。这次去意大利玩得怎么样? J: I had a fabulous

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美语咖啡屋

欢迎回来, Faith口语课堂-天天学的新老朋友们,我是Faith老师。新的一天带来了我们新的一课,昨晚休息得好吗?现在准备好了今天的英语愉快之旅吗? 首先介绍一个很漂亮的词:fabulous,意

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 faith电台天天学口语

Survive in the depressed economy 渡过经济萧条期 Rosenfeld: Glad to be here. 罗森菲尔德:很高兴能够来到这里。 Reporter: Notwithstanding the fact that people have to eat no matter what the economy, is this a good time to be in th

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 世界500强CEO访谈

PRESIDENT GEORGE H.W. BUSH: Thank you very much. (Applause.) Thank you. Thank you. (Applause.) Thank you, Ambassador. Mr. President, all you distinguished guests, including the man that was responsible for my coming out here in 1974 -- Henry Kissing

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Knight Ridder, the second largest newspaper chain in the country may very well be sold in the coming weeks. Its largest shareholder has demanded that the company be put up for sale even though its newspapers are all turning a profit. To commentator S

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

By Penelope Poulou Washington, DC 19 May 2006 watch Da Vinci Code report Ron Howard's movie 'The Da Vinci Code’ has premiered to a flurry of reactions by the mainstream Christian community -- perhap

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

By Peter Heinlein Addis Ababa 15 May 2008 Growing enough food to alleviate shortages in African countries is not easy, but an agro-ecologist in Ethiopia thinks he has the answer: bio-farming. The technique uses animal waste products to produce energy

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Nancy Pearl is with us once again. It's the first day of summer, and Nancy, who regularly brings us book recommendations, has some for summer reading. Hope you get a chance to check them out. Hi there, Nancy. NANCY PEARL: Hi, Ste

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Tamara O'Neal grew up in La Porte, Ind., sang in her church choir and returned every weekend from Chicago, where she was an emergency room physician at a South Side hospital that cares for many who have been shot on the city's stre

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

在中国有一部受众面很广的英文电影《阿甘正传》,讲述了主人公阿甘的故事。有人说这部电影讲述的是阿甘对珍妮无条件的爱,有人说这部电影讲的是母亲对一个孩子的重要性,也有人说,

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Speed Racer is an adaptation of the beloved 1960s Japanese anime classic. The movie visibly pushes the boundaries that separate animation and live action by creating moments of surprising beauty, often to striking effect. Speed Racer begins with a fa

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Beginners. Today I thought about tomatoes. You know when you have one of those days when you simply have to eat something in particular. I went out to my vegetable patch this morning to see if there had been any progress with my tomato plants. Not mu

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

In Valerie Plame's Blowback, Reality Grittier than Fiction The 2010 drama Fair Game, starring Naomi Watts and Sean Penn, catapulted the 2003 leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame onto the silver screen. Plame's life took an unexpected turn after having

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(十月)

A group of Pakistanis who watched President Barack Obama's Cairo speech to Muslims are praising the American leader for his skill as a public speaker. But after seeing the speech on television at VOA's Islamabad bureau, they say it lacked specific p

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(六月)

(SOUNDBITE OF VINCE GUARALDI TRIO'S SKATING) MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: Now, 'tis the gift-giving season, but don't panic. We're here to help because what makes a better gift than a book? And why not try giving poetry this year? We are joined by our po

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月