A Canadian Family Story My story begins in Newfoundland where my brother and I were born during the Second World War. The island of Newfoundland, which was originally a British colony, became the newest province of Canada in 1949, the same year that

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 星火英语15篇背完六级词汇

There is a wonderful fable about a young orphan girl who had no family and no one to love her. One day, feeling exceptionally sad and lonely, she was walking through a meadow when she noticed a small butterfly caught unmercifully in a thornbush. The

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 感悟人生

Several thousand people who lived in the United States for five years or more, gathered at the Los Angeles Convention Center, to become US citizens The Fourth of July is America's birthday, celebrated with parades, fireworks and family get-togethers.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

Hi this is Bob Jones from the UK, a host of the Beijing Hour at China Radio International. This is second time round for me to experience the Spring Festival, Lunar New Year here in China. Last year I really didn't know what to expect - and maybe tha

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

One week later Gill: Cheers! To our first night in our new apartment. Beth: It's so quiet. I'm not really used to it. Gill: All you hear is the crickets and the breeze. Beth: It's a little eerie. I'm sure the silence will begin to grow on me. Gill: W

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

When Good Bananas Go Bad 当香蕉开始腐坏 Have you ever wonder why bananas seem to go bad so quickly? And why do they develop those brown spots? 你是否曾好奇过为什么香蕉特别容易坏掉,并长出棕色的斑点呢? Well, those

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

A: May I help you? B: Im not sure where to pick up my ballot. A: I can assist you. B: How are you going to help me? A: I actually work here. B: Fabulous. Thanks. A: Do you have ID? B: I have it right here. A: Heres your ballot card. B: Now what am I

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: There are cyclones at the poles of Jupiter. That's one of the surprises that NASA is reporting today. The space agency's Juno probe has been orbiting the gas giant since last summer. It's completed six revolutions of the planet so

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

但是帕特里夏做过新闻 While Maria is away,I want to plan some great shows. 玛丽亚不在的时候,我想设计一些很棒的节目。 Let's discuss our best stories.Jake? 杰克,我们来讨论一下我们最好的新闻吧。 Abbott

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 洪恩环境英语

Today, the country is full of diversity and contrast, a confusion of vibrant cities and simple rural existence. Mankind has repeatedly torn up this land in pursuit of its natural resources and no one doubts the complex and painful social history that

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

West Tibet, the roof of the world. In the thin air, 6000 metres high, a vast area of wasteland as far as the eye can see. In this remote corner of western Tibet, lie the ruins of a mysterious kingdom - a kingdom whose army was feared by all its neigh

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

Finding comfort in food. Eating the right dishes can lift our spirits and swallow up stress. Well, here with more on how food affects our mood is Doctor Susan Kleiner, a nutritionist, and the author of the Good Mood Diet. Susan, good morning. Good mo

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

By Tendai Maphosa London 04 December 2007 The British teacher jailed for letting her students name a teddy bear Muhammad as part of a writing project arrived in Britain after being pardoned - ending a case that set off an international outcry and ang

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

By Anjana Pasricha New Delhi 19 December 2007 The Nepalese parliament has ordered the properties of its disgraced royal family nationalized. But as Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, the government is making little headway in finding the fabulou

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

GQ magazine is marking the 10th anniversary with its annual Man of the Year issue. And this year, there are three separate covers, one featuring actor Vince Vaughn, another with popular recording arti

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Adrienne : So, Lisa, you're Canadian, right? Lisa: I am. I'm a very proud Canadian. Adrienne: And, I believe you're from Montreal. Lisa: I am. Adrienne: Can you tell me a little about your hometown? Lisa: Sure. Montreal is a big city for Canadian sta

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Passion, Pride Flourish in Miami's Little Haiti Little Havana is a well known neighborhood in Miami, Florida. But Cubans are not the only immigrants with an area of the city all their own. A walk through one Miami neighborhood, could leave you thinki

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Megan Abbott's Latest Novel: 'You Will Know Me' ELISE HU, HOST: Megan Abbott is the queen of teenage noir, crime novels that center in the worlds of girls and their parents and extreme sports. Her latest, called You Will Know Me, takes place in the g

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

I'm a little used to calling outside your name 有点习惯大声叫喊你的名字 I wont see you tonight so I can keep from going insane 今晚不会见你,因此我也不会再次疯狂 But I don't know enough, I get some kinda lazy day 但,我始终

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Adrienne : So, Lisa, you're Canadian, right? Lisa: I am. I'm a very proud Canadian. Adrienne: And, I believe you're from Montreal. Adrienne: Can you tell me a little about your hometown? Lisa: Sure. Montreal is a big city for Canadian standards locat

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂