This is Florida, a taste of the tropical, one of the world's most popular holiday destinations. Here mankind's unquenchable desire to explore and colonise reaches astronomical proportions. Eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one. Ignition. Lif

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2012年

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: They sacrifice material comforts in exchange for the space and the time to explore a creative interior. 他们牺牲物质上的安逸,为了换取时间与空间去挖掘富有创造力的心灵

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Passage Transcript i would like to tell you, a little bit about some things i like, and then a little bit about some things i don't like. first of all, i really enjoy exercising. some of my favorite types of exercises are swimming, especially in rive

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

This is Morning Edition from NPR news.I am Steven Skip and I am Renee Montagne .Time now for our consumer health segment. Lots of people turn to physical exercise to get their bodies in shape. The concept of reshaping the mind is more elusive. Some

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

Immigrant nannies. Stroll through any residential Manhattan neighborhood and you'll see these private child-care providers walking hand in hand with their young charges, feeding them, comforting them, taking them to the park. What is life like for th

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

By Mike O'Sullivan Los Angeles 22 November 2006 Has the Bush administration compromised civil liberties in the effort to prevent terrorist attacks? The question was debated at a town hall meeting in Los Angeles, where high school students took part

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

By Kurt Achin Seoul 20 April 2006 South Korea and Japan are working to prevent a diplomatic confrontation over disputed islands from escalating. Authorities in Seoul say they hope diplomacy will be su

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

India, Turkey and Israel are exploring a plan to use a new route to pipe and ship oil and gas to India. As Anjana Pasricha reports from New Delhi, the proposed pipeline will give energy-hungry India easier access to the vast oil and gas supplies of

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十一月)

Scientists Explore Hallucinogen Treatments for PTSD, Sex Abuse Victims Fresh look No one is more aware of the stigma attached to psychedelics than Rick Doblin, director of the Multi-Disciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a drug deve

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Radio Essays Explore Technological Creativity There are mechanisms in nature as well as in human endeavors like engineering and art. Since 1988, the creative manipulation of these mechanisms has been explored in short radio essays about the history o

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十月)

Scientists Explore Healing Power of Rhythm 科学家们探索节奏治愈的能力 Scientists say that timing is a key part of how the human brain works, and when the timing is off, so is the processing of information. 科学家们表示时间对于人

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(三月)

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: NASA hopes to send people to Mars sometime in the 2030s. President Trump would like to see that happen even sooner. And at a remote site in the Utah desert, would-be astronauts are already simulating what it would be like to live

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

The warm reception the delegation received in China was a clear signal of the highly productive relationship which Wales and China have developed. During the visit, we signed a Memorandum of Understanding with our Chinese counterparts in the scientif

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 林超伦实战口译练习笔记

Zhou Yuxiao, former Chinese Ambassador to Zambia, says the summit is a channel to connect China's 13th Five Year Plan and Africa's Agenda 2063. To promote capacity cooperation, transferring high-quality surplus capacity to Africa, to accelerate indus

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

By Zulima Palacio Washington, DC 13 December 2006 watch Malaria Research report Malaria is spread by mosquitoes Experts and scientists around the world agree that the fight against malaria will only be won through a combination of approaches ranging

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十二月)

South Africa is a country that always creates an impression. We know of its diverse population, the troubled history of apartheid and its rebirth as a global travel destination. Ive been a fun of this country for many years, but this is my chance to

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

So in some ways, a voyage to Mars could be a voyage home. Our ancestors have made such bold trips before when we walked out of Africa, when we sailed over the horizon. If it is technically possible, our ships will head out again. We always want to se

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Beijing's top French restaurants are putting on a special menu this month. It's all part of 'Got de France' - or 'Good France' - and our lucky reporter Shen Li got to taste it herself at the third edition of the French gastronomy event. Bon Apetit! T

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2017年

Vanessa: Put away that guidebook. I want our vacation to be exciting and unique, not cookie cutter. Tourists all visit the same sites. I want to explore and go to some places off the beaten path. Justin: That would be fine except weve never traveled

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Lesson Introduction Since the appearance of the internet, our habits and way of doing business has taken a dramatic turn, one of which is buying things online. In this lesson, we will explore this common practice of purchasing items online! Join us f

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod