VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein. This week, we will tell about a genetic map for an animal that disappeared long ago. We will tell about an unusual-looking insect from

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(十二)月

emerge eligible impurity criterion persevere exotic postulate harbour tranquil undertaking peg preach stout addict skip tablet slump devotion situation interface position insulate nucleus

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 用Mp3背六级单词

Passage Two 14. A) Because we might be offered a dish of insects. B) Because nothing but freshly cooked insects are served C) Because some yuppies like to horrify guests with insects as food. D) Becau

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 【CET 12-24备战】六级听力

图片1 abroad adv. 在国外,到处,海外 例句:Jessica came to miss her homeland when she settled down abroad. 当杰西卡在国外安定下来时,她开始想念祖国了。 aboard adv/prep. 在(飞机、车)上,上船(飞机,车

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

Ecotourismby Linda BaxterImagine the scene. You're sitting in the hot sunshine beside the swimming pool of your international luxury hotel, drinking your imported gin and tonic. In front of you is the beach, reserved for hotel guests with motor boats

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英文杂志-Magazine

China-Yiwu International Trade Mart, east Chinas Zhejiang province [File photo: yw.gov.cn] A growing number of foreign business owners in the city of Yiwu in Zhejiang are pointing to the Chinese government's Belt and Road initiative as a major factor

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Todd: So Jeff, you're going back to Canada. What are you gonna do, just sit on the couch and watch TV? Jeff: No, I'm going to go on a trip with my father. Todd: Really, just your dad? Jeff: Just me and my dad. We are going to go back to the island, t

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

文本: 模仿文本: One of the most surprising rooms inBuckinghamPalace,onenot open to the public, is known as the Centre Room. It's decorated in George'sfavourite Oriental style. Most of the treasures in this room came from theRoyal Pavilion i

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

1. What is the problem at the beginning of the conversation? A. The man forgot to buy his wife's favorite flowers. B. The man didn't remember their anniversary. C. The man didn't take his wife out last week. 2. Which sentence describes the wife's ide

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

模仿文本: But these other new films, dramas, romances, thrillers, comedies, from King's Speech, and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel through The Expendables, and even perhaps Skyfall, celebrate the strength and maturity. They're not necessarily a

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

Imagine thescene. Youre sitting in the hot sunshine beside the swimming pool of yourinternational luxury hotel, drinking your imported gin and tonic. In front ofyou is the beach, reserved for hotel guests with motor boats for hire. Behindyou is an 18

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 有声阅读空间

Every dream of traveling the world, visiting exotic places and making millions of dollars, just to have your picture taken? Well, in a new documentary series, Models NYC, MSNBC takes you behind the scenes of a New York modeling agency, only to find b

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Hannahs daddy was a teacher who barely made enough money to raise his six kids. Hannah wore hand-me-downs from her older sisters. For Christmas she usually got used dolls and books. As a child, she yearned to have the beautiful clothes, cars, and hom

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

For Africans in Moscow, a Slow Return to Soviet Exoticism When Russian nationalist skinheads chant against the chyorni or the blacks they protest Muslim immigrants from Central Asia. But Africans in Moscow say they also can be targets. For several Af

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Harbin, located in northeast China, is the capital city of Hei Longjiang Province. With an average temperature of minus 25 Centigrade or minus 13 Fahrenheit in winter, it is known as the Ice City. The International Snow Sculpture Competition is one o

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Todd: Hey, Jessica, you lived in Spain right? Jessica: Yes Todd: OK, believe it or not I'm going to Spain this summer. Jessica: Are you really? Todd: Yeah, yeah, on my way home I decided to stop over in Europe. Jessica: Really! Todd: So I plan to spe

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Todd: So Jeff, you're going back to Canada. What are you gonna do, just sit on the couch and watch TV? Jeff: No, I'm going to go on a trip with my father. Todd: Really, just your dad? Jeff: Just me and my dad. We are going to go back to the island, t

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: And as a kid, I gotta admit I became self-conscious of the exotic foods I brought for my classmates to see. You know, I take out my rice and chicken adobo or literally what I normally eat at home

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Topic 1 - Vocational School Charges Students High Employment Allocation Fees Some vocational school students have complained that their school charged them high employment settlement fees 就业安置费, without helping them find the right type of j

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

解救无聊晚癌 Grocery Shop 去逛逛杂货店 Grocery shopping is a great thing to do to help relieve boredom. People can never have too many ingredients to make great food for themselves or their families throughout the week. Your family and fr

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening