ESL Podcast 1185 Smuggling Across Borders Christina: What is the holdup? There are cars backed up for half a mile. Harry: I bet the border patrol is looking for smugglers. Christina: Do you really think so? I wonder if there could be a drug mule in o

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之旅行交通购物

For Exotic Parrots, Florida is for the Birds The southeastern state of Florida is a land of sunshine, beaches, orange groves, alligators, and lots of retired people. Its also a paradise for birds: big birds, little birds, exotic birds, endangered bir

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

Singer/Actor Herb Jeffries Celebrates 100th Birthday 歌手和演员 Herb Jeffries斯庆祝100岁生日 Herb Jeffries earned fame as a singer with Duke Ellington, and as an actor in Hollywood westerns of the 1930s. He turned 100 on September 24. One

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

M: Hi, Sam. I want to buy a pet. Do you have any ideas? S: You really should go to Rachel's pet store. M: why? anything special there? S: it's more than special. You can find as many kinds of animals as you can put a name to and more. M: Oh, really?

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

完了熊猫,阿美和丹尼尔准备去看其他的动物,在去的路上,他们谈到了野生动物园,丹尼尔好像对此很感兴趣哦! Listen Read Learn May: Daniel, have you ever heard about the wildlife sanctuary? Daniel: Is that different from this kind of zoo? May: Yes, of cou

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

aberrant异常的 basement地下室 bizarre奇怪的 deviate背离 eccentric古怪的 dwarf使矮小 exceptional特殊的 exotic异国情调的 eclipse黯然失色 hysterical歇斯底里的 indignant愤慨的 irritate激怒 jerk猛拉 madden使恼火

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 80天攻克雅思核心词汇

经典情景背诵 Daniel: Im so absorbed in the wildlife sanctury that May has told me about. It is totally different from the ordinary zoo. The visitors cant get off the bus or their own cars unless permitted. And there are a lot of exotic animals

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

据印度时报报道,印度人如今愿意在中国举办盛大的婚礼,因为他们觉得既有异国情调,又不浪费钱。 昆明大理丽江成印度婚礼胜地 Times of India: Big fat Indian weddings are turning towards China as they keep l

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

Nigeria's 'Nollywood' Movie Industry Rolls at High Gear 尼日利亚诺莱坞电影产业高速发展 LAGOS Twenty years after its birth in a video shop in Lagos, Nigeria's Nollywood is one of the most prolific film industries on earth. Despite low b

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(八月)

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: It is, of course, a new year, and that means a bunch of new state laws. You might have heard about some of the headliners like recreational marijuana here in California and minimum wage hikes in several states. There are some tha

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: You may know Paula Poundstone from the smash public radio hit - other than this program - Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! But she's also an accomplished author, now of two books, all the more an accomplishment because each book

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the 2016 Nobel Prize in Physics with one half to David J. Thouless and the other half to F. Duncan Haldane and J. Michael Kosterlitz for theoretical discoveries of topological phase transitio

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年Scientific American(十)月

Boy Scouts trading patches at the Boy Scouts National Jamboree in Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia The Boy Scouts of America's National Jamboree wraps up on August 5 after a 10 day run at a U.S. Army base in northern Virginia, not far from Washington. The Sc

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

Topics: Preventing Violence in Schools Post Columbine; American Territories: U.S. Virgin Islands; although versus even though; lite; rate versus rank Words: campus massacre outcast bullied minor to claim clique to retaliate Caribbean inhabitant exoti

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe