5Hear this, you priests! Pay attention, you Israelites! Listen, O royal house! This judgment is against you: You have been a snare at Mizpah, a net spread out on Tabor. 2The rebels are deep in slaughter. I will discipline all of them. 3I know all abo

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 圣经旧约 何西阿书

I have been making excuses recently, to avoid doing some gardening. I have had pots of plants ready to plant for at least a week. I even put them right on the spots where I intended to plant them, but they sat there for a long time. Every time I happ

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

英语作文 A few days ago, I saw one of my classmates cheating on the accounting exam. I was so surprised that she did such a thing. It made me feel sad and confused. Why did she cheat? Maybe she just wanted to get higher grades and didn't want to los

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Interfaith Worshipers Celebrate Sea, Surf Each morning at Huntington Beach, which calls itself Surf City, the surfers are out early to catch the waves. It is a passion and a lifestyle, said veteran surfer Tom Morey, who invented a modified surfboard

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

美国新晋说唱女歌手 Azealia Banks 变身大漠妖姬,带来超动感单曲《Heavy Metal And Reflective》!感觉棒极啦,飚车一族势不可挡,期待 Azealia Banks 更多更好的作品。 歌词: Fridgy froze kept, it's that f

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

By Jim Teeple Jerusalem 02 November 2006 watch Dead Sea Dying report In the Middle East there is no resource more precious than water. For centuries the peoples of the Middle East have relied on the River Jordan for fresh drinking water, and for wat

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

Technology Report - Flying Car Moves Closer to Reality 科技报道 - 飞行汽车即将成为现实 This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语科技报道。 You could fill the sky with all the ideas people

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Tornado Season Returns BARBARA KLEIN: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. BOB DOUGHTY: And I'm Bob Doughty. This week, we explore the science of tornadoes. These violent storms strike in many p

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Tree Deaths Linked to Climate Change Stanford University graduate student William Anderegg has seen this forest die-off firsthand. His doctoral thesis documents the impact of drought on trembling aspen, the most common tree in North America. These ar

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

S. Korea Makes Money by Making Money 韩国先进铸造工艺印制各国货币 North Korea is notorious for its highly skilled counterfeiting, especially of American $100 bills. South Korea, however, is gaining a global reputation for minting money

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

A recent study estimates 66,000 homosexuals currently serve -- about two percent of the total in uniform. In 2002, David Hall was an Air Force sergeant studying to be an officer, pursuing his dream of becoming a military pilot. But once his sexual st

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Obama: 'No Shortcut' to Israel-Palestinian Peace President Barack Obama has addressed the 66th United Nations General Assembly about what he calls a time of transformation, especially in the Middle East and Africa. In his roughly 35 minute address, t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Peace Corps Volunteer Returns to Help Sierra Leone School On the 50th anniversary of the creation of the U.S. Peace Corps, some former volunteers are returning to the countries where they served as teachers, health care workers or agricultural adviso

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(五月)

UN Envoy Upbeat About Cyprus Peace The U.N. envoy overseeing the Cyprus peace negotiations said he believes there is a chance of breaking the deadlock in peace talks between the rival Greek and Turkish communities on the Mediterranean island. Attempt

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

US, S. Korea Ready to Counter N. Korean Aggression With North Korean troops training for what Pyongyang calls a state of war with South Korea, Secretary Kerry says Washington and its allies will not be caught off guard. The United States will do what

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

New York City Studies Response to Rising Seas When Hurricane Sandy struck last October, New York got a taste of what its future could be. One Brooklyn youngster, Jerry Gonzalez, was in the midst of it. The water was up to half of the door, and then w

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(四月)

Syrian Troops Show Strength Ahead of Peace Talks The government offensive against the former rebel stronghold Qusair comes ahead of a peace conference next month aimed at bringing both sides in the conflict to the negotiating table. Some observers be

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

India Leads World in Most First-Day Newborn Deaths Afsana Begum lost her second son to jaundice, just a month after he was born in a neighboring slum. Now pregnant again, she is determined that her baby enter the world in a safer environment. If you

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

By Peta Thornycroft Harare 07 May 2007 After the high-profile police beating of senior opposition politicians in March, state-sponsored political violence in Zimbabwe is now targeting mid-level opposition activists and ordinary citizens who are being

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

I'm the first to admit that I'm hooked on reading magazines. I've been this way as long as I can remember. I love picking up magazines about different topics. Currently, I subscribe to about six or seven magazines, although when I was getting profess

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客