EXPLORATIONS - Lewis and Clark and the Corps of Discovery Map a Nation By Paul Thompson Broadcast: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 (MUSIC) ANNOUNCER: This is Mary Tillotson with the VOA Special English p

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

Recording an Outgoing Voice Mail Message I hate the sound of my own voice. I always have. When Im speaking to an audience, I always sound forced and unnatural. So when we had to set up our new voice mail systems outgoing message, it took me a few tri

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之商务英语

Breaching Computer Security Jin: Did you hear what happened to McQ Corp? Dina: No, what? Jin: Hackers were able to get unauthorized access to its computer systems and cause a lot of problems over the weekend. They destroyed data and rendered the syst

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之日常生活

核心句型: I don't see eye to eye with you on this issue. 在这个问题上,我不同意你的看法。 see eye to eye字面意思有点像汉语中的男女双方对上眼了,喜欢上对方了。但是在英语中可不是这个意思,这

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

More than 30 central State-owned enterprises (SOEs) have made plans to seize business opportunities expected from the planned creation of the Xiongan New Area in Hebei, according to the State-Owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Today we continue our report on the group of chemical elements known as rare earth metals. These are mined from the earth and used to make technology from mobile phones to missiles. The United States

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

The U.S. Special Inspector General for Iraq Reconstruction has criticized the State Department for its management of nearly $3 billion in contracts and grants in Iraq. In two reports, auditors cited weak and ineffective State Department oversight of

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Indigenous Peoples Stand Up to Exploitation This month (6-10/12), 600 indigenous leaders gathered in the far north of Norway. They produced a document that called for an end to discrimination and exploitation of their people. The Alta Declaration wil

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(六月)

EMILY: Iseverything okay? Daniel: It soundslike my parents are finally getting a divorce. EMILY: Oh, myGod. I'm so sorry, Daniel. They seemed...so perfect together. Daniel: Yeah,maybe a long time ago. EMILY: Well,maybe they'll work it out. I mean, wh

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

Business B Corps Firms with benefits 商业 互益性企业 心系社会的企业 A new sort of caring, sharing company gathers momentum 一种关爱社会、分享利益的新型公司形式方兴未艾 HE likes to do things differently. 伊冯?乔伊

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Business. 商业。 Breaking up News Corp. 拆分新闻集团。 Murdoch does the splits. 默多克的壮士断腕。 Investors like the idea of hiving off the group's newspaper arm. 投资者更赞成新闻集团能够将报纸业务剥离出去,与其

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Bridgecorp was a finance company started in 1993. It went bankrupt in 2007, owing $490m to 14,500 investors. Many investors lost all their savings. They may get back 10c for every dollar they invested. The company offered high interest rates and seem

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

They're having a big gala tonight... 他们今晚将举办一场宴会 a cocktail party... for their donors. 鸡尾酒会,宴请捐款人 Remy will be there. 雷米也会到场 We have events in Haverford and Gladwyne... 我们在哈弗福德和格莱

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 纸牌屋第一季

More contrast. 增加对比度 We need to catch the edge of his face. 我们要捕捉他的面部轮廓 Let's recrop it. Bring it in a quarter of an inch on the left. 重新剪裁吧,左边加四分之一英寸 Would you... 能去... Somebody named

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 纸牌屋第一季

Citibank, N.A. 万国宝通银行 CITIC Ka Wah Bank Limited 中信嘉华银行有限公司 Citicorp Commercial Finance (H.K.) Limited 万国宝通工商财务(香港)有限公司 Citicorp Internat

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

BEIJING, May 15 (Xinhua) -- Beijing-based Bona Film Group announced Tuesday that News Corporation has signed an agreement to buy 19.9 percent of its stake. The Beijing-based private film group, listed in the United States, hopes to expand its market

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

英语构词法(12)-单词构词法

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Descending into a fit of the giggles whilst trying to deliver serious news is a newsreader's nightmare, but that's what happened to BBC radio's Charlotte Green today. She fell victim to that performers' enemy corpsing. The term was first used by thea

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Media mogul Rupert Murdoch has stepped down as director of several subsidiary boards within his troubled News Corporation conglomerate, ahead of a planned company split. A corporate statement said Murdoch stepped down as director of NI Group (formerl

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

B Corps 互益性企业 Firms with benefits 心系社会的企业 A new sort of caring, sharing company gathers momentum 一种关爱社会、分享利益的新型公司形式方兴未艾 HE likes to do things differently. 伊冯乔伊纳德喜欢别出

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列