Mergers and Acquisitions Marisol: What do you think of the big announcement this morning? Lamar: That our company is going to merge with McQ Corp.? From what Ive heard through the grapevine, this isnt a merger but a hostile takeover. Marisol: But the

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之商务英语

The numbers we see every business day can tell us important information about our economy, but where do they come from and what do they mean? This is Stock Markets in Plain English. Let's get started by talking about companies. There are two basic ty

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2010年

Jen Sharrin, Life After Peace Corps Y: 大家好,我是杨晨,欢迎您到美语咖啡屋! J: Hello everyone! I'm Jody! Welcome to American Cafe! Hey Yang Chen, what's that you're reading? Y: 噢!

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美语咖啡屋

Two Canadian mining companies are merging to become the world's third-largest gold mining company. Goldcorp and Glamis Gold will become a single company named Goldcorp worth about $21.3 billion. (The largest gold mining company, Barrick Gold, is als

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 初级商务英语听力2006

Jin: Did you hear what happened to McQ Corp? Dina: No, what? Jin: Hackers were able to get unauthorized access to its computer systems and cause a lot of problems over the weekend. They destroyed data and rendered the system unusable. In fact, the en

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Marisol: What do you think of the big announcement this morning? Lamar: That our company is going to merge with McQ Corp.? From what Ive heard through the grapevine, this isnt a merger but a hostile takeover. Marisol: But the CEO said this morning th

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Rita: I just got a hot tip from my brother to buy stock in McQ Corp. Rick: Your brother works for McQ Corp., doesnt he? Rita: Yeah, hes a director in the company, so he should know if something big is brewing. Rick: If hes a director and he knows som

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Kelly: What we need are a few people in the industry to talk up our new company. John: Im on top of that. Im really well connected, as you know, and Ive already put in a few calls to a few of the movers and shakers in our business. Kelly: I didnt kno

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

AMERICAN MOSAIC - The Marine Corps Celebrates Its 230th Birthday By Nancy Steinbach and Katharine Gypson Broadcast: Friday, November 11, 2005 (MUSIC) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special En

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

It's time again for Storycorp, the oral history project traveling around the country. People have been interviewing each other in part to preserve memories. Today a daughter recalls her family's history with the accordion. Joyce Kahkonen's father pla

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

On Fridays we bring you interviews between family and friends at StoryCorp. The Traveling Oral History Project lets participants guide their own conversations. Few need notes or outlines. Today, a father tells his daughter a story that has stayed wit

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(139) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年NPR美国国家公共电台

By Liu Enming Washington 04 April 2008 The National Museum of the Marine Corps opened in November 2006 to honor and celebrate more than 200 years of military history. Located adjacent to the Quantico Marine Corps base in Quantico, Virginia, the museu

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

By Peter Heinlein Addis Ababa 12 October 2007 The U.S. Peace Corps is returning to Ethiopia to resume work that was interrupted by war in 1998. VOA's Peter Heinlein in Addis Ababa reports the Peace Corps program in Ethiopia has changed considerably s

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

Graincorp says the Federal Government's jeopardised the future of rural infrastructure along Australia's east coast by rejecting Archer Daniels Midland's takeover proposal. The Treasurer Joe Hockey said the multi-billion dollar deal was not in Austra

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

Shares in Warrnambool Cheese and Butter are on a trading halt. That as the Canadian dairy company Soputo tells Warrnambool its revising its offer for a buyout. Soputo has so-far offered eight dollars a share for Warrnambool. The other bidders in the

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年

Thank you Virginia. Good morning everyone. Leading the finance news this morning. The head of Australia's stock exchange, Elmer Funke Kupper has resigned aimed allegations of bribery at a betting company he used to run. He's also taken a leave of abs

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2016年

Last week, I was at a business luncheon and I met a woman named Dana Okri who was heading a new start up. I have been a sales rep for Eureka Corp. for three years now and our bread and butter is data management software . I told her briefly about our

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Let's check business. To finance news.When the markets in Europe closed a couple of hours ago, London's FTSE was down 16 points there, as you can see. The Dax in Germany followed suit. And across the Atlantic,ah..... mixed end to the week. The Dow fi

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2013年