This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Sometimes its not what you eat, but when you eat it. At least when it comes to longevity diets. For some time, scientists have known that animals kept on

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

1. The upper Mississippi River in Missouri and Illinois is about to hit its high point. The National Weather Service says the river will crest in some places Sunday and other locations Monday. Despite widespread flooding, water levels did not reach

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年6月

十句作文法是由有关专家总结出来的一种高分作文方法,考生在经过短期训练之后便可较大幅度地提高成绩。为此有必要向考生加以介绍,目的是使一些对作文没有把握的考生找到一条可行的

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(234) / 评论(0) 分类 李阳疯狂说英语

A: Sorry, sir. We have to ration the sell of gas to 5 gallons for a buyer, because of the energy crisis. B: I see it. Well, I guess I have to cut down my gas consumption. Just give me four gallons, please. A: All right. Should I check under the hood?

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 移动英语

2006 年 1. People are absorbed into a culture of consumption launched by the 19th-century department stores that offered vast arrays of goods in an elegant atmosphere. 【分析】复合句。句子主干为 People are absorbed into a culture of con

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

A: What is the efficiency of this product line? B: It's about 85%. A:这个生产线的效率是多少? B:差不多85%。 2.Labor costs 人工成本 A: Why do we have such high labor costs? B: Our labor workers were from the state owned enterprise. A:我们的人工

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

GWEN IFILL: But, first, as you have probably heard in a headline or two by now, it was a sobering day for meat lovers, especially in a country that ranks second in the world for eating the most meat. William Brangham has the story and some perspectiv

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列

High-end cosmetic brands, including Estee Lauder and Amorepacific, have announced price cuts in the Chinese market in the new year in response to lowered consumption tax. 近日,作为对消费税下调的响应,雅诗兰黛和爱茉莉太平洋等

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

今年3月22日是第20个世界水日,联合国确定2012年世界水日的主题是水与粮食安全。缓解水资源危机,从节约粮食、优化膳食结构开始。 On the planet today There are over 7 BILLION people, 在今天的地球上

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

Those with degrees are almost twice as likely to drink daily, and they are also more likely to admit to having a drinking problem. 高学历的女性比起平常人有近两成几率每天饮酒,同时他们也更倾向于承认自己有酗酒的问题

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

We all know we shouldn't eat dirt, but we do it anyway. Mostly not on purpose dirt gets into our bodies all day, every day, whether we want it to or not. It's understandably difficult to figure out exactly how much is getting in, but that might be be

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

The Amazing Media Habits Of 8-18 Year Olds Kids are leading the world's transition to digital media. This is in part because kids aren't afraid of technology, and, in part, because kids haven't spent years getting use to anything else. So if you want

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

PARIS, Oct. 26 (Xinhua) -- The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) of the World Health Organization (WHO) classifies the consumption of red meat as probably carcinogenic to humans, the IARC said Monday. The conclusion was made based on

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

水泥英文单词 矿渣水泥slag cement 硅酸盐水泥portland cement 主导产品leading product 年产量annual output 基准reference 体系system 完全燃烧complete combustion 不完全燃烧incomplete combustion 机械不完全燃烧mechanical incomplete combustion 化学不完全燃烧

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

MANILA, Oct. 29 (Xinhua) -- Department of Health on Thursday called on the public to observe a balanced diet, three days from a World Health Organization report warned against red and processed meats. Assistant Secretary Gerardo of the department tol

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

西餐常用英语句子精选 (1)Sit down, please. Here is the menu. May I take your order, sir? 请坐,给您菜单。先生,您要点菜吗? (2)What would you like to have, coffee or tea? 您要喝咖啡还是茶? (3)would you

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Cleverest women are the heaviest drinkers 最聪明的女性也是饮酒狂 Those with degrees are almost twice as likely to drink daily, and they are also more likely to admit to having a drinking problem. 高学历的女性比起平常人有近两成

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

近日一项伦敦大学经济学院的研究表明:受教育程度越高的女性,喝的也越多!这彻底颠覆了人们心目中高雅女性克制、礼貌和优雅的形象。这究竟是基于什么原因呢? Cleverest women are the hea

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

AFTER three years of stagnant loan growth, The Peoples Bank in Coldwater, Ohio, has noticed a change. Clients who two years ago would not have qualified for a loan now find that they can. One customer who was working for only 35 hours a week two year

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

[00:12]Day 6 [00:14]incident [00:16]The antiwar demonstration proceeded without incident. [00:22]individual [00:23]Success at Manchester United is about [00:26]a good footballing team not individuals. [00:32]loss [00:33]Frank was at a

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(303) / 评论(0) 分类 星火英语四级2000核心词