One of the best means of understanding the people of any nation is watching what they do with their non-working time. Most English men, women and children love growing things, especially flowers. Visitors to England in spring, summer, or autumn are l

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业四级听力50篇

Indonesian officials have confirmed that bodies and wreckage found in the Java Sea are from the missing AirAsia flight. Reports say six bodies have already been recovered from the sea. Relatives of the passengers would be flown to Surabaya, where the

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

The consequences of bad driving habits could potentially grow now that the Obama Administration has approved a plan to require so-called black boxes on all new cars sold in the U.S., just like those data recorders in planes that reveal the actions of

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2012年

Shan: OK. I'd like to have everything gift-wrapped, please. Ali: I'll give you the boxes. You can then go to our gift-wrapping department. Shan: Is it on this floor? Ali: It's on the first floor, to the right of the main entrance. Shan: Thank you. Al

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

A routine check of the main building on the Rest in Peace Cemetery in Santa Fe turned up thousands of cardboard boxes containing the remains of cremated people. An inspector from the states Cemetery and Funeral Bureau found the boxes stacked neatly i

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

This was one of the most important archaeological discoveries of the 20th century. Its find was as dramatic and exciting as the discovery itself. Here is the story. The first hint The first hint that led to the discovery of the tomb of King Tutankham

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 高中二年级英语

AS IT IS 2014-02-27 How You Feel About Yourself Affects Your Work 自我感觉会影响到自身的工作 Hello and welcome back to As It Is. Im Jim Tedder in Washington, with a program designed to help you learn and improve your American English. To

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(三)月

丹尼尔对博物馆里所有的文物都被装在玻璃瓶里表示疑惑,阿美告诉他那是为了保护文物不被腐蚀。丹丹还差点以为一个四千年前的三脚杯毫无价值。 Listen Read Learn Daniel: May, is this the Hall of Ancient China? May: Yes. Look at these historical relics here, am

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Listen Read Learn Daniel: May, is this the Hall of Ancient China? May: Yes. Look at these historical relics here, amazing! Daniel: Why are they all in glass boxes? May: For protection. Some relics will turn to dust if exposed to air. Daniel: So there

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Mrs. McGregor was making a list for the Alden children to take to the grocery store. Anything else? she asked. Cereal! cried Benny Alden. You didnt forget the Silver Frosted Stars, did you? Mrs. McGregor looked at the grocery list. No, I didnt, Benny

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 65 The Cereal Box Mystery

I learned a few things this past weekend about the fruit industry. My husband has been involved in national and international export of fruit for over twenty years, and right now, he is *up to his neck in this season's fruit: the cherry. Washington s

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Different shapes and forms are everywhere. Boxes and street signs are square or rectangular. Balls and wheels are round. The sun and moon are round. Wedding rings are round. Eggs and light bulbs are almost round. Pyramids and arrow tips are triangula

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

He turned to page two. He filled in the boxes for his wife. He marked an X in the correct boxes for his wife. Where do I sign my name, he wondered. He looked at every page. There was no blank space to sign his name. He was done. That was easy, he tho

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

He opened his mailbox. He looked at the envelope. It was the U.S. census questionnaire. He shook his head. How long would this take, he wondered. He went back to his apartment. He opened the envelope. Another envelope was inside. He unfolded the ques

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

AS IT IS 2013-07-09 Street Artist Tests Free Speech Limits in Singapore Hello, Im Steve Ember. Today, in Singapore, we meet a street artist who is testing the limits of free artistic expression in a country where rules are firmly enforced. Next. in t

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Beginners. Well, I can't believe that it is that time of year again. How sad. It is time to take down all of the Christmas decorations and to put them away in boxes. Usually, people do that a few days after Christmas, around the first week in January

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: The Trump administration caused an uproar with its plan to overhaul the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly called food stamps. Instead of some benefits, people would get a box of nonperishable, not fresh fo

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

搬家公司 Moving Company 终于买房子了,现在要请搬家公司来帮忙搬家。在约定搬家过程中的确需要注意支付运费、损坏与赔偿等问题。 Listen Read Learn Benjamin: I've heard that you provide very good service, so when I need a mover, I call you guys first. Move

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Patricia: What do you think of our new neighbor? Ray: I dont know. I havent met him yet. Patricia: Me neither, but I think hes a shady character. Ray: Why do you think that? Patricia: Well, when he was moving in, I tried to shoot the breeze with him

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

今天我们要学的词是 black box. Black box 黑匣子。Indonesian navy divers retrieved both black boxes from the wreckage of an AirAsia passenger jet. 印尼海军潜水员打捞上来了亚航失事客机的两个黑匣子。The information p

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃