1. Iraqi forces reported major gain in country's military operation to retake the city of Ramadi from the Islomic State group. The city fell to militant in May a huge blow to the Iraq government. 2. US army surgan Bowe Bergdahl face a military judge

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(十二)月

18 Moving Out of a Home GLOSSARY to move in to begin living in a new place; to move all of ones belongings into ahome so that one can begin living there * Dont forget to call the electricity and gas companies to set up your accountsbefore you move in

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之就医和人际交往

As soon as they arrived at Pennys Emporium the next morning, the Aldens heard popcorn popping. Penny stood at the cash register, ringing up a sale. When Janet saw the Aldens, she disappeared into the storeroom. I must say, she spends more time back t

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 72 The Mystery in the Mall

1.完成下面的句子 2.按照一个段落来编唱歌谣 3.唱一唱,圈一圈 How many cakes do you carry when you go for a picnic? 你野餐带几块蛋糕? I carry about eight boxes of cakes. 我带大约六盒蛋糕 They are all my own. 他们

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Sight Word Kids 幼儿英语常见字5B

Kurds Criticizes Turkeys Plan to Move Ballot Boxes Turkey has announced plans to move voting stations in some areas with a high Kurdish population. The government says the move is designed to stop threats against Kurdish voters. But the main pro-Kurd

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Marie Kondo is an internationally-known expert on cleaning. Her first book, called the The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, was published in Japanese in 2011. It has sold more than 10 million copies in more than 40 countries. Yet fans want more hel

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

North Korea has returned to the United States more than 55 sets of human remains. The remains are believed to be of Americans killed during the Korean War in North Korea. A special ceremony was held at Osan Airbase in South Korea to mark the return.

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Ordering stationery A: Hi. Is this supply? B: Yeah. This is supply. What can I do for you? A: This is Rachel in Human Resources. I need two boxes of company letterhead, one box of ball-point pens, and a box of envelopes. B: All right. No problem. Wha

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

A: I'm searching for an old music box. B: You came to the right place. Any particular decade? A: If you had a box made in the '20s, that would be nice. B: We just got one in yesterday, so now we have six. A: Would any of them have dancing figures? B:

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

A: Do you know where I can find old music boxes? B:You could try shopping at a flea market. A: What's that? I never heard of such a thing. B: A flea market is an outdoor place where people sell all kinds of used stuff. A: Where can I find one? B: Wel

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 购物-Shopping

Living With a Hoarder Julio: Mom, dont you think its time to get rid of some of the stuff in this house? Mom: Why? This house is fine the way it is. Julio: There are parts of this house that are nearly inaccessible. There are stacks of magazines and

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之日常生活

Task 2: A Hard-nosed Boss Script Mr. Stone was known far and wide as a hard-nosed boss who (S1) watched his employees like a hawk. He was making one of his regular tours of the factory (S2) when he spotted a young man leaning against a (S3) pile of b

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

Are we ready or not?! six-year-old Benny asked eagerly as he danced around the kitchen. The Aldens dog, Watch, awoke from his nap and barked excitedly. Bennys older sister, Jessie, was making small round sandwiches. Be patient, Benny, she said. She w

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 45 The Mystery of the Stolen M

BBC says new commitments to preserve the character and heritage of the country's post boxes have been set out by Royal Mail and Historic England. 英国邮筒知多少 There are some 85,000 boxes - the classic pillars and others mounted on walls or p

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

A: Pardon me. I need an old music box. B: Exactly how old a box do you want? A: Actually, I was thinking about something from the 1920s. B: We still have six left. A: Do any of the boxes have dancing figures? B: Dancing figures are quite popular. Two

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

A: Excuse me. I'm looking for an old music box. B: Any particular decade? A: Something made in the '20s would be nice. B: We had seven, but we sold one this morning. A: Are dancing figures a part of any of the boxes? B: You're in luck. Two of them ha

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

The TV program ended. He pushed the System button on his remote to turn off the TV. The screen turned black. But there were two light blue boxes on the black screen. One said, No Time Information. The other said, No Signal. He pressed the System butt

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Make a claim 提出索赔 A:Three boxes of your product didn't coincide with your sample last time. 上次你们的货物中有三箱品质规格与样品不符。 B:I've no idea of what is happening. There hasn't been such a thing with us. Maybe the

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

模仿文本: But its that process I want to discover about how piano brings the immateriality of his idea, his listening to this space through to the material, to the absolute concrete reality of the materials Im sitting on and amongst, the lead,

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

1. A jury has reached a verdict in the federal death penalty trial of the Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. Tsarnaev has been found guilty of all counts, and now the jury must decide the 21-year-old to be sentenced to death or receive life in

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(四)月