Journalist: When you realized that, you woke up and you heard that we were 1) striking at 2) Afghanistan, on behalf of New York City, your 3) reaction? Giuliani: I felt a sense of relief that we were

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

nobody likes getting shots, but what if you could make the needles so tiny that they broke skin painlessly. engineers from top university have created such micro needles, made from major protein in silk, fibrolin. the work is in the journal of advanc

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

随着平静岁月的流逝,维多利亚美丽的容颜开始渐褪;他似乎觉得她年轻时的成熟思想也开始变得不再锋芒毕露,就像果实在树上挂得过久。他意识到自从他第一次见到她,她从来没有改变过

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Broadcast: Jan 29, 2003 The use of insects as agents of warfare is not a new idea. In the 2) Biblical story of the 3) Exodus, one of the 4) plagues visited upon the Egyptians was a horde of 5) locusts

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-科技先知

本讲为 2006 年下半年新的教学内容,请对照教材、练习册和语法书听录音! 1. Data from previous animal experiments is used to develop a computer model which will predict what

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 自考英语(二)60讲

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Barbara Klein. The Taliban has claimed responsibility for two bomb attacks in Afghanistan Wednesday including the one that killed eight Americans inside a US intelligence base in southeastern Khost province. Seven of

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

A survey by Manpower Group, an American head-hunting firm, shows that most of the young generation in 25 countries around the world holds a positive attitude towards their future and career. 18 percent of Chinese youngsters are even willing to work a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Passage Transcript biochemistry is a very specific area of chemical science which, studies the interactions of biological systems with chemical components, and which also determines, which chemical components and, how interacts with the human body an

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

MODEL 3 I've got jet lag. Script Susan: Wow! What happened? You look like something the cat dragged in. John: You would too if youd been through what I have. I've got jet lag. Susan: Jet lag's not for real, is it? It's like a broken heart-a figure of

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 3

25.Meanwhile, many settlers had slighter religious commitments than Danes, as one clergyman learned in confronting folk along the coast who mocked that they had not come to the New world for religion. 【分析】多重复合句。主干是many settl

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Bad Things Come in Small Packages 拆信小心! While most armies in the world shun their use, and military authorities exclude them from warfare, the technology to produce biological and chemical w

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Three Scientists Win Nobel Prize in Chemistry Three scientists have won the Nobel Prize for chemistry for their work to simplify and improve the imaging of biomolecules. 三位科学家因为在简化和改善生物分子成像方面的成就获得了诺

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(169) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. M.I.T. scientists have designed a new robot. Youll probably never see it thoughits meant to be hidden. Because its a robot clam. Engineers wanted to de

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

应用生物学 Applied Biology 医学技术 Medical Technology 细胞生物学 Cell Biology 医学 Medicine 生物学 Biology 护理麻醉学 Nurse Anesthesia 进化生物学 Evolutionary Biology 口腔外科学 Oral Surgery 海洋生物学 Marine B

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 医学英语

Ticktock Artist:Beverley Craven She wakes every morning With him on her mind Can't seem to leave the past behind She puts on her make-up And thinks about life And wonders if she's running out of time Cos how long until she finds the one All the thi

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

What Causes Jet Lag and How to Avoid It 时差是如何产生及如何避免时差 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle Report. Our bodies react to daylight. In fact, light is the most powerful environmental signal for re-setting o

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

模仿文本:Last August, NASA landed a robotic explorer in the vast crater, close to the equator of Mars. Its first images were familiar: freeze-dried, brown, rocky desert. But a few weeks ago, that machine, Curiosity told us that aeons ago life m

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

热带雨林 Tropical Rainforest abounding adj. 丰富的,大量的 accelerate v.加速,促进 arce n. 英亩 alkaloid n. 生物碱 an intricate and fragile system 复杂脆弱的系统 angler n.钓

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

He later claimed it was mainly out of curiosity. 后来他说这主要是出于好奇心: I believe in environment more than heredity in determining your traits, 我相信环境比遗传对你的影响更大, but still you have to wonder a little

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

New research suggests that the number of children a woman could affect the rate at which her body ages, with more children leading to a slower rate of biological aging. 新的一项研究表明,女性生育孩子的数量可能会影响身体衰老的

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间