In today's interconnected world, a pathogen can travel around the globe in as little as 36 hours.Interactions between wildlife, domesticated animals, and humans can give rise to new andemerging infections. Spurred by urban density and international a

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(五月)

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Everglades National Park One of the Worlds Great Biological Wonders STEVE EMBER: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Steve Ember. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus. This week, we tell about Everglades Natio

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十)月

外交部回应美指责我南海渔业管理规定 2013年国家最高科技奖揭晓 China has voiced discontent and opposition to U.S. criticism on China's new fishing rules in the South China Sea, urging the country not to send wrong signals. For

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

A brief meeting between a young man and his birth father reveals long-hidden truths about both Time now for StoryCorps. People across the country are sharing personal stories through this national project. Today a young man talks about meeting his b

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

Bad Things Come in Small Packages 拆信小心! While most armies in the world shun their use, and military authorities exclude them from warfare, the technology to produce biological and chemical weapons is widely available. Moreover, these weapon

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Security Officials on Guard for Bio-Terrorism 安全官员警惕生物恐怖主义 French Interior Minister Dominique de Villepin has warned that bio-terrorism could be the next stage in the evolution

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--环境科学探索

应用生物学 Applied Biology 医学技术 Medical Technology 细胞生物学 Cell Biology 医学 Medicine 生物学 Biology 护理麻醉学 Nurse Anesthesia 进化生物学 Evolutionary Biology 口腔

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 医务英语

考试日期: 2012年10月13日 Reading Passage 1 Title: 农村旅游(20110226老题) Question types: 段落信息配对题;完成句子;Summary 文章内容回顾 关于农业旅游业带来的各种影响和应用,比如随着农业旅游

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思机经

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. A farmer in his maize field near Arusha, Tanzania The maize streak virus causes one of the most destructive crop diseases in Africa. Not only is it economically damaging, it can also threaten food

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Anthrax Has Been Widely Feared Since the 2001 Anthrax Attacks in the United BARBARA KLEIN: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS, in VOA Special English. Im Barbara Klein. CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: And Im Christopher Cruise. Today we tell about

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 19 November 2006 The threat of bio-terrorism will top the agenda of a sixth review conference of the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention. The two-week conference, which begins Monday in Geneva will review the ban on biological

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

Related Links Journal of the American Medical Society Progress in the War Against Cancer American Cancer Society Colon cancer study Despite advances in prevention, diagnosis and treatment, cancer remains the second-leading cause of death in the Unite

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: The Pentagon is funding some new research on insects and plant viruses. It says the goal is to protect agricultural crops. Some critics say it looks more like an attempt to make biological weapons. Here's NPR's Dan Charles. DAN C

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

I'm honored to be with you today for your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. Truth be told, I never graduated from college, and this is the closest I've ever gotten to a college graduation. Today, I want to tell you three

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

By Lisa Schlein Geneva 20 August 2007 Experts attending an international conference are calling for quick action to reduce the threat posed by biological weapons. Participants attending the week-long meeting at the United Nations in Geneva say the so

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

今天我们来讲几个由clock这个词发展而来的习惯用语。大家一定熟悉clock这个词,它是钟。我们要学的第一个习惯用语已经流传了很久了。它是: like clockwork。 Clockwork是钟表的机件装置。钟表能

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Australia has opened a new National Center for Bio-Security to build its defenses against infectious diseases and biological weapons. Medical experts say it will help protect the country from threats such as SARS and bird flu as well as attacks by t

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

Nicotine Enhances Effects of Cocaine A new study from Columbia University highlights the role of tobacco in cocaine addiction. The research indicates that nicotine may be a key gateway drug in a biological as well as a social context. Dr. Amir Levine

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

Nick: In Australia, theres a lot of snakes as well. Is there snakes in Guam? Cheryl: Yeah, theres plenty of snakes in Guam, one of which is very famous. Its the brown tree snake. Now the brown tree snake was brought over to Guam a long time ago in ca

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

I was on Facebook today, updating comments to friends and family, when I came across a health test that I chose to take. It is called the 'Real age' test that many people have seen on Oprah. Well, I haven't seen Oprah in years, but I did want to find

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English