accumulate By investing wisely she accumulated a fortune. adequate She has adequate grounds for divorce. aggressive Do you favour the aggressive policy? allowance IBM offers a quite high traveling allowance to its employees. alone Can't you just leav

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语六级考试高频词汇

V. Lets Talk Script Hello, everyone. Today I invite you to join me in an exploration off the causes of depression. There ate many factors involved, but I believe some deserve special attention. Heredity certainly plays a role. .The tendency to develo

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

It also turns out that thinking about mental illness in other animals isn't actually that much of a stretch. 同时更没有费心思索过其他动物的精神疾病。。 Most mental disorders in the United States are fear and anxiety disorders,and

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Learning to Keep Your Cool during Tests Have you ever felt so anxious during an examination that you couldnt even put down the answers you knew? If so, you were suffering from what is known as test anxiety. According to psychologist Ralph Trimble, te

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Its time to go again to the A Moment of Science mailbag. A listener writes: 又到了科学一刻听众的来信时间。一位听众写道: Dear A Moment of Science, 亲爱的《科学一刻》, Im not a math person. In fact, anytime I have to d

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Todd: So, Katia, you were talking about how you had an internship and you actually made the transition from university to the working world and internship and now you've actually gone back to the university world. What struck you as the biggest diffe

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Section C A Bank Robbery It was about midday. I'd left work early in the morning to cash (兑现)a cheque. I walked along to the bank and found there were only about ten or eleven customers in the

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语读写教程(1)

英国每日电讯:德国研究人员发现,对于男人来说经常出去和男性朋友聚会有助于促进其身体健康. 德国砖家说搅基有益男性健康 Telegraph: Researchers in Germany found it was good for a man's health to be allowe

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

Meditation May Reduce Stress, Increase Focus From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. 这里是美国之音慢速英语健康和生活报道。 A mind filled with fear and bad thoughts is an unquiet mind. When you are worried,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Study Suggests Possible Bacteria Link to Nervousness, Depression A new study of mice suggests bacteria may help to cause anxiety and depression in overweight people. The research raises questions about whether changing organisms living inside our bod

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Americans Anxious Over Ebola 美国人对埃博拉过度焦虑 WASHINGTON A recent survey shows more than four in 10 Americans are worried they or a relative might catch the Ebola virus, even though so far there has only been three confirmed Ebola ca

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(十月)

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: To another newlyweds story and the story of two newlyweds who clash and connect over their differing musical tastes on their honeymoon night. This is the new film On Chesil Beach. It is based on the 2007 novel by British auth

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

What child hasn't dreaded September, the end of summer and the return to school. But for some kids, the prospect of school produces a level of fear so intense that it is immobilizing, resulting in what's known as school-refusal behavior. These are th

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Idiom: Practical joke ( prank ) Hit the book: Stage fright Phobia Athlete Impairment Mime Timid Arthritis Impose The first step in mastering stage fright, and all kinds of performance anxiety, is to get a good understanding of just what kind of probl

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Do you lose sleep when you are invited to parties? I do - and I wonder if I'm part of the estimated 10% of the UK's population who suffer from what's called social anxiety. The first clinical guideline on the subject, published by the National Instit

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

As the Spring Festival ends, people have posted various bills of the money they spent during the Spring Festival on the internet. This has stirred heated discussions about the costs of nationwide family-gathering holidays. Gu Jun, who works in the in

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: As her gender non-conformity intensified, we started to notice some stress around things like being grouped with boys at school or in activities. So, by the time she was seven, all of this kind o

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: During meditation, brain-scans see increased activity in regions directly correlated with decreased anxiety and depression, along with increased pain tolerance. 在冥想的期间,脑部扫描显

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: Like the butterflies in your stomach and potentially forgetting everything. Feeling some anxiety is normal as your body releases adrenaline in times of stress, which actually triggers your fight

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Topic1-Proposal on Public Servant Income Rise Draws Controversy Nanfang Metropolis Daily has published a proposal on constructing a reasonable salary system for public servants. It has triggered heated debate online and during local political meeting

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议