Its just too much. Did you know that there are over 15 billion web pages? To make sense of it all, wed need to pluck out the best pages and save them for later. We have choices. We could bookmark or add to favorites in our web browser. Nah, it quickl

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2009年

ESL Podcast 1154 Visiting Historic Sites Mary: I think we should call it a day. Will: I think we still have time to visit one more historic site and this one is amazing. Theyve done a great job with preservation and restoration. Mary: Its not another

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之旅行交通购物

New Vietnam Law Bans News Stories From Social Media Sites越南新法令禁止社交媒体讨论新闻时事 From VOA Learning English, this is the Technology Report. Internet activists and human rights groups are criticising a decree that is set to

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(八)月

America's 11 Most 'Endangered' Places Route 66, a town square in Colorado, and hurricane-damaged sites in the Caribbean are among Americas most endangered historic places. The National Trust for Historic Preservation recently released its endangered

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Christopher loved to shop at thrift stores. Almost a month ago, he bought a popular word game that uses little chips of wood with different letters on them. As he was purchasing it, the clerk said, Oh, look, the game box hasnt even been opened yet! T

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

从枪击案看白人至上种族主义走向 American Sikhs have been mourning the victims of the mass shooting at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin - and are trying to comprehend an act that seems senseless. The shooter's motives are unclear, but one orga

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2012年8月

There would be a lot more information, and a lot more transparency. 世界将有更大的信息量,而且也越来越透明化。 That was really interesting to us. At the same time we had no idea that we would build a business that would shape tha

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 创业成功人士访谈录

Task 2: Surfing the Net W: Hi Bryan. Hare you doing? You look tired. M:Oh, Im a little burnt out. Ive been surfing the Net for the last few hours. W: Were you doing schoolwork, or was it just for pleasure? M:Well, I wanted to get some information

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 1

AA: I'm Avi Arditti and this week on WORDMASTER: meet an English teacher in the United Arab Emirates. She stopped by the VOA Special English booth at the recent TESOL convention, for Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages. It took place i

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

A: Is booking airline tickets online a good way to go? B: I have had really good luck booking airline tickets online. A: How do you book airline tickets online? B: Usually you can find the best price by using a website like Travelocity or Expedia. A:

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Whoever said you cannot get something for nothing has not searched the Internet lately. An increasing number of Web sites offer users a chance to give things away and get things for free. The goal is

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(八)月

A: Hey, Devi, have you thought about where would you like to go to dinner on Friday for your birthday? B: I am not sure. I don't know that many restaurants around here. A: You know, we could look online at the local Internet sites. B: Good. Let's tak

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-餐厅

Not just sporting events in the World Cup, but also, as the summer months draw close, when people are very excited about the hot wave from festivals. We want to make people aware that these scam websites are all out there and people should be on thei

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Peral Zhu is one of those enjoying Black Friday in China. Zhu says she used to live in the US and she misses Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year in that country. I love buying shoes and I used to stock up on them on Black Friday. But a

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

第一句:I want to visit some historic sites. 我想参观一些历史名胜。 A: Where do you plan to travel? 你打算去哪儿旅游? B: I want to visit some historic sites. Can you suggest some places for me, please? 我想参观一些历史名

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

A: Devi, have you thought about where would you like to go to dinner on Friday for your birthday? B: I am not sure. I don't know that many restaurants around here. A: You know, we could look online at the local Internet sites. B: Good. Let's take a l

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 食物-Food

Thirty-four schools in Christchurch have a red sticker which means the school is badly damaged and not safe. Nearly all schools are now open but for most of those 34, it means sharing with another school one in the morning and one in the afternoon. T

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Takeaclose lookat yoursocial-networking sites. Do youliketopost photosofyourself inrestaurantsandnightclubs toshow otherswhat anexciting lifeyouhave? Or if you are in arelationship, do youliketowriteabout how happilyinloveyouare? We areall expectedto

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: As a result, humans have adapted to find certain traits aesthetically pleasing and downright adorable in an effort to increase interaction, care and protection from parents. 因此人类发展出某

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Topic1 Hospital Refuse Patients with Bad HistoryRecently, several doctors make public statement that they won't treat the patients who hurt the medical staffs until the matters get a reasonable solution. This retaliatory action sparks controversy on

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议