This is the VOA Special English Education Report. And this is week fifteen of our Foreign Student Series on higher education in the United States. Next week our subject will be the cost of attending a

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(181) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十二)月

Part 7 At the tourist information centre 在旅游信息中心 Can I book a hotel here ? 我可以预定酒店吗? What is there to see in this town? 这个城里有什么可看的? Do you have a map of the town centre? 你有市中心的地图吗? How much is it to go in? 门票多

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 傻瓜机从零开始学英语

Maria: So talking about social media, is your parents on any social sites like Facebook, Twitter, et cetera. Alex: My mum and dad are on Facebook. My mum doesn't use hers, she uses hers only to kind of see what I'm doing. Maria: Stalk you? Alex: Kind

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

安德鲁的家人就要过来看他了,他今天忙得不行,把公寓打扫干净准备迎接家人的到来..... Andrew: So, Harp. Whats new with you? How was your day? Harp: Ah it was pretty good. Lifes good, its pretty boring. What about you

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 话匣子英语

今天学的词组是bust。 Bust指的是女人的胸部,也指人的半身塑像或画像。作为动词,bust有被警察搜查和逮捕的意思。 比如美国警方查封了佛罗里达州一家公司以及他们所经营的几十个所谓的青

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

AMERICAN MOSAIC - The Internet Gets Younger as More Teens Turn to BloggingBy Brianna Blake, Jill Moss and Katy Weaver Broadcast: Friday, March 24, 2006 (MUSIC) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(三)月

Prehistoric people may have hunted and killed other members of their own species and eaten them, but probably not for food. That is what a new study written by James Cole of the University of Brighton in England says. Cole says compared to large anim

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(四)月

There's no question that technology is changing the way we court: 可以肯定的一点是,科技正在改变人类的求爱方式: emailing, texting, emojis to express your emotions, sexting, liking a photograph, selfies. 电子邮件、短信、表

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: Google is giving millions of people access to 3D scans of ancient sites before they disappear. What happens to those scans is controversial. We take a look in this week's All Tech Considered. (SOUNDBITE OF ULRICH SCHNAUSS' NOTHING

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

He also runs this amazing drone mapping program, 他同时管理着无人机测绘地图工程, some of the images of which you can see behind me here and here. 你们能看到我身后的一些图片,这儿,还有这儿。 And this data will b

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Business Selling cars online The TrueCar challenge 商业 网上卖车 TrueCar来势汹汹 A price-comparison website causes ructions in the motor trade 比价网站在汽车销售行业掀起争议 AMERICANS looking for a new car nowadays often use

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Jeff: I was born in the country and grew up in the country but now I live in the city, in Tokyo city, a very, very big city and I love the country but I also love the city. Each place has it's own good points, for example the country is quiet and rel

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Welcome to RSS in Plain English. 本期介绍RSS The Internet has problems.Technorati says there are 50 million weblogs, and as you can see, it's going up. This is overwhelming.Our foucs here is on a new and efficient way to keep up with all this coo

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

I am so excited now, because I will go travel with friends. We plan to go to visit Guangzhou, for it is very near our place. This is the first time for us to go travel together, we want to make sure everything goes on well and save more time to play,

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Jeff: I was born in the country and grew up in the country but now I live in the city, in Tokyo city, a very, very big city and I love the country but I also love the city. Each place has it's own good points, for example the country is quiet and rel

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

GAZA, Jan. 10 (Xinhua) -- Israeli warplanes carried out several airstrikes(空袭) in the Gaza Strip early Monday despite attempts by Gaza's Hamas rulers to enforce a shaky ceasefire(停火). The F-16 jets struck two training sites for the mi

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

俗话说我们人际交往中有第一印象之说也即英文当中的一个表达叫30 seconds success,那么第一面对人与人关系的影响之大可见一斑。那么我们写作的第一段表达也是不是有相似的一个认识呢,这

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

While reports of major hackings continue to make news, the sites you visit are safer than ever before. 虽然关于网络黑客的报道仍旧屡见不鲜,但事实是你所访问网站的安全系数比以往任何时候都高。 In fact, the web

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

Recent discoveries in New World archaeology along with newscientific methods for analyzing data have led to new ideas regarding theorigin of the first peoples of the Americas and their time of arrival. 新大陆考古发现和新的科学方法 The t

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语