TED演讲:科技并没有改变爱 为什么?(3)
时间:2019-01-03 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科技篇
英语课
There's no question that technology is changing the way we court: 可以肯定的一点是,科技正在改变人类的求爱方式:
emailing, texting, emojis to express your emotions, sexting, "liking 1" a photograph, selfies. 电子邮件、短信、表达情感的符号、色情短信、给照片或自拍点赞.
We're seeing new rules and taboos 2 for how to court. 关于如何求爱有了新的规则和禁忌。
But, you know -- is this actually dramatically changing love? 但是,这真的彻底改变了爱吗?
What about the late 1940s, when the automobile 3 became very popular and we suddenly had rolling bedrooms? 来看看上个世纪40年代,那时候汽车刚大行其道,顿时,人们便有了“可移动卧室”。
How about the introduction of the birth control pill? 引进避孕药的时代又是什么样的呢?
Unchained from the great threat of pregnancy 4 and social ruin, women could finally express their primitive 5 and primal 6 sexuality. 因为意外怀孕而导致人生从此惨淡的日子一去不复返,女性终于可以释放她们最原始的性本能。
Even dating sites are not changing love. I'm Chief Scientific Advisor 7 to Match.com, I've been it for 11 years. 就连征婚网站的出现都没有改变爱。我在Match.com作首席科学顾问已经11年了。
I keep telling them and they agree with me, that these are not dating sites, they are introducing sites. 我一直宣导,而工作人员也认同我的意见,即这并不是一个征婚网站,这是个介绍网站。
When you sit down in a bar, in a coffee house, on a park bench, your ancient brain snaps into action like a sleeping cat awakened 8, 当你走进酒吧、咖啡馆,或坐在公园的长椅时,你的大脑会立即开始反应,就像一只沉睡的猫被唤醒一样,
and you smile and laugh and listen and parade the way our ancestors did 100,000 years ago. 你开始微笑、大笑、试着倾听,用那些早在10万年前我们的祖先就使用的方式来炫耀。
We can give you various people -- all the dating sites can -- but the only real algorithm is your own human brain. 我们可以提供各式各样的对象,所有的征婚网站都可以,但唯一真实的算法却是你的大脑。
Technology is not going to change that. 科技改变不了这一点。
n.爱好;嗜好;喜欢
- The word palate also means taste or liking.Palate这个词也有“口味”或“嗜好”的意思。
- I must admit I have no liking for exaggeration.我必须承认我不喜欢夸大其词。
禁忌( taboo的名词复数 ); 忌讳; 戒律; 禁忌的事物(或行为)
- She was unhorsed by fences, laws and alien taboos. 她被藩蓠、法律及外来的戒律赶下了马。
- His mind was charged with taboos. 他头脑里忌讳很多。
n.汽车,机动车
- He is repairing the brake lever of an automobile.他正在修理汽车的刹车杆。
- The automobile slowed down to go around the curves in the road.汽车在路上转弯时放慢了速度。
n.怀孕,怀孕期
- Early pregnancy is often accompanied by nausea.怀孕早期常有恶心的现象。
- Smoking during pregnancy increases the risk of miscarriage.怀孕期吸烟会增加流产的危险。
adj.原始的;简单的;n.原(始)人,原始事物
- It is a primitive instinct to flee a place of danger.逃离危险的地方是一种原始本能。
- His book describes the march of the civilization of a primitive society.他的著作描述了一个原始社会的开化过程。
adj.原始的;最重要的
- Jealousy is a primal emotion.嫉妒是最原始的情感。
- Money was a primal necessity to them.对于他们,钱是主要的需要。
n.顾问,指导老师,劝告者
- They employed me as an advisor.他们聘请我当顾问。
- The professor is engaged as a technical advisor.这位教授被聘请为技术顾问。
标签:
TED演讲