TED演讲:我们为什么会对机器人有感情(4)
时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科技篇
英语课
Now, we're headed towards a world where robots are everywhere. 我们正迈入一个机器人无处不在的社会。
Robotic technology is moving out from behind factory walls. 机器人科技正在走出工厂的围墙。
It's entering workplaces, households. 它们正在进入工作场所,家居环境。
And as these machines that can sense and make autonomous 1 decisions and learn enter into these shared spaces, 随着这些能够感知并自己做决定和学习的机器进入这些共享空间,
I think that maybe the best analogy we have for this is our relationship with animals. 我认为一个最好的类比就是我们和动物的关系。
Thousands of years ago, we started to domesticate 2 animals, and we trained them for work and weaponry and companionship. 几千年前,我们开始驯养动物,我们训练它们为我们工作,保护和陪伴我们。
And throughout history, we've treated some animals like tools or like products, 在这个历史进程中,我们把有些动物当作工具或产品使用,
and other animals, we've treated with kindness and we've given a place in society as our companions. 对其它一些动物,我们则对它们很好,在社会中给予它们同伴的位置。
I think it's plausible 3 we might start to integrate robots in similar ways. 我认为我们可能会开始以类似的方式整合机器人。
And sure, animals are alive. Robots are not. 当然,动物有生命。机器人没有。
And I can tell you, from working with roboticists, that we're pretty far away from developing robots that can feel anything. 作为机器人专家,我可以告诉各位,我们距离能产生感情的机器人还很遥远。
But we feel for them, and that matters, because if we're trying to integrate robots into these shared spaces, 但我们同情它们,这点很重要,因为如果我们尝试把机器人整合进这些共享空间,
we need to understand that people will treat them differently than other devices, and that in some cases, for example, 就需要懂得人们会把它们与其他设备区别对待,而且在有些场景下,比如,
the case of a soldier who becomes emotionally attached to the robot that they work with, 那个士兵对一起工作的机器人产生情感依恋的例子,
that can be anything from inefficient 4 to dangerous. 这可能是低效的,也可能是危险的。
But in other cases, it can actually be useful to foster this emotional connection to robots. 但在其他场景下,培养与机器人的情感联系可能非常有用。
We're already seeing some great use cases, 我们已经看到了一些很好的使用场景,
for example, robots working with autistic children to engage them in ways that we haven't seen previously 5, 比如跟自闭症儿童一起的机器人以我们前所未见的方式与他们互动,
or robots working with teachers to engage kids in learning with new results. And it's not just for kids. 或者让机器人与老师共事,在帮助孩子们学习方面获得新的成果。并且并不只适用于儿童。
Early studies show that robots can help doctors and patients in health care settings. 早期的研究发现机器人可以在医疗保健领域帮助医生和病人。
adj.自治的;独立的
- They proudly declared themselves part of a new autonomous province.他们自豪地宣布成为新自治省的一部分。
- This is a matter that comes within the jurisdiction of the autonomous region.这件事是属于自治区权限以内的事务。
vt.驯养;使归化,使专注于家务
- Many thousand years ago people learned how to domesticate animals.数千年以前人们就学会了饲养动物。
- If you domesticate this raccoon,it will have trouble living in the wild.如果你驯养这只浣熊,它生活在野外将会有困难。
adj.似真实的,似乎有理的,似乎可信的
- His story sounded plausible.他说的那番话似乎是真实的。
- Her story sounded perfectly plausible.她的说辞听起来言之有理。
adj.效率低的,无效的
- The inefficient operation cost the firm a lot of money.低效率的运作使该公司损失了许多钱。
- Their communication systems are inefficient in the extreme.他们的通讯系统效率非常差。
adv.以前,先前(地)
- The bicycle tyre blew out at a previously damaged point.自行车胎在以前损坏过的地方又爆开了。
- Let me digress for a moment and explain what had happened previously.让我岔开一会儿,解释原先发生了什么。
标签:
TED演讲