About 10 percent of Indonesians are registered taxpayers and only about one million report their taxes to the government. That is not a lot for the worlds fourth most populous country. Indonesia is home to almost 260 million people. The comparatively

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(四)月

中英歌词: I let it fall, my heart And as it fell, you rose to claim it It was dark and I was over Until you kissed my lips and you saved me My hands, they were strong, but my knees were far too weak To stand in your arms without falling to your

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 简单易学英文歌

Raymond Hou and Johanna Coughlan, Co-Chairs of New Zealand OBOR Think Tank and China New Zealand OBOR Foundation. The two-day forum of world leaders concluded this week with the roadmap for the success of the Belt and Road Initiative and a clear way

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

A: I need to find a new furniture set for my living room. B: Where are you going to find one? A: I have no idea. B: Do you want to know where I bought mine? A: Where did you get it from? B: I got it from IKEA. A: How much did it cost you? B: It cost

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 购物-Shopping

说一口流利的英语,从简单的单词开始。 听听,读读,背背,今天你的词汇量又增加了5个。 单词/词义 中英例句 单词听读 measure [ 5meVE ] Please measure me fo

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 每日攻克5词

Writer Willa Cather Celebrated Europeans Who Settled in the American Midwest Written by Richard Thorman (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Tony Riggs with People in America. Today we tell about writer Willa Cather. (MUSIC) VO

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

So, here I stare At an empty bottle full of confidence Fuzzy faded with the poison in my head It's an empty glass philosophy I can't help it, I can't stop Dead, I'm a zombie with no notion of regret Grab a bucket and a mop cause I'm a mess Full of se

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

FAITH LAPIDUS: Im Faith Lapidus. BOB DOUGHTY: And Im Bob Doughty with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. April twenty-second marks the fortieth anniversary of Earth Day. Former United States Senator Gaylord Nelson started the observance in nineteen

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Photo: VOA Auto hi-tech is set to make big inroads in 2010 After a tumultuous year for the auto industry, car makers are looking for a fresh start in 2010. Industry experts say the New Year promises to be a challenging time for automakers as they loo

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

New Somali Refugee Camp Set to Open in Kenya 肯尼亚将为索马里难民开放新的营地 With more than 400,000 Somalis now in Dadaab, Kenya, the opening of a new refugee camp there is welcome news. Somalis begin moving to the Kambioos site Satu

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

WHAT exactly does it take for a young woman to be considered a campus flower? Some say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but surely there must be certain essential criteria. Perhaps we can get some answers by taking a closer look inside the train

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得10到30积分的奖励! Thank you!

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The U.S. space agency NASAs Messenger probe(正直的,廉洁的 ) is scheduled to reach Mercury later this week, and become the first spacecraft to orbit the planet closest to the sun. During Messengers year-long orbital mission, scientists exp

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是set the bar higher。 Set the bar higher, 意思是提高标准,严格要求。The web site set the security bar higher, 这家网站加强了安全防护措施。The school set the bar higher for providing healthy lunche

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

RIO DE JANEIRO, July 17 (Xinhua) -- Chelsea is this week expected to confirm the signing of Brazilian starlet Oscar after the midfielder underwent a medical with the European champion on Tuesday. The 20-year-old's club Internacional is understood to

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

NE China to set up two drone bases for marine surveillance SHENYANG, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- Two drone bases will be established in northeast China's Liaoning Province for real time surveillance on coastal waters, local authorities said Saturday. One of

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Scientists Set Doomsday Clock to Two Minutes to Midnight Atomic scientists say the world is closer to complete destruction than at any time since the Cold War. The reasons include a renewed nuclear arms race, man-made climate change and state-support

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(一)月

For more from the reports, we bring in our correspondent Wu Guoxiu, who has been following this year's 'Two Sessions.' Q1: Guoxiu, what are the other key points from the two reports today, in terms of the achievements and goals of the two judicial or

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

set somebody up (with sb) 将某人介绍给某人 I'm not asking you to set me up. 我不是让你给我介绍对象。 You set me up with the woman that I've dumped twice. 你给我介绍的女人是我甩过两次的。 Is it okay with you if I se

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

set out 开始,出发 She set out to break some records of her own. 她开始将自己的记录一个个打破。 That evening, she set out to break her pattern. 那天晚上,她打破了自己的固有模式。 They set out to find out who loved

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语