神奇校车带领孩子们进入浩瀚的科学领域,游梭于生物科学、地球科学、太空科学、气象学、古生物学等各门学科中。被纽约时报评为最新鲜有趣、最富有创意和想象力的科学启蒙方式。孩子

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 神奇校车系列丛书

After breakfast the next day, the children were pleased to learn that Grandfather was also going to the QuestMaster meeting. C.D. had invited his uncle John and Mr. Alden to take a peek at Ringmaster II. Grandfather, Violet, and Soo Lee sat waiting i

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 78 The Mystery in the Computer

Suspect or not, Mr. Bindry was still his grumpy old self when he reappeared an hour later. Can we help you carry those heavy books? Henry asked. Hrmph, was Mr. Bindrys answer. These are my price guides, and I can carry them myself. Did you have to go

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 48 The Mystery Bookstore

by Edmund O'Neill Set yourself free from anything that might hinder you in becoming the person you want to be. Free yourself from the uncertainties about your abilities or the worth of your dreams, from the fears that you may not be able to achieve t

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 品茗经典

Roman Catholic Church Set to Beatify Pope John Paul II The Roman Catholic Church will beatify the late Pope John Paul II in Rome on Sunday. The ceremony is an important milestone on the road to Catholic sainthood for one of the most popular pontiffs

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(四月)

I have my heart set on this car,I am willing to borrow money to buy it. 我决心要买这辆车,我愿意借钱来买。 have one's heart set on...表示一心一意要去做某事或得到某东西。 I have my heart set on studying abroad. 我一心

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 蒋健棠英语实用句子

Why is setting goals important? Because goals can help you do, be, and experience everything you want in life. Instead of just letting life happen to you, goals allow you to make your life happen. Welcome to Faith Radio Online-Simply to Relax, Im Fa

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 Faith轻松电台

A South Korean research group says Russia exported more oil to North Korea than previously reported. A new report by the Seoul-based Asan Institute for Policy Studies suggests Russia set up a secret trading system to get around United Nations economi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

By Parke Brewer Hamburg 09 June 2006 Football's World Cup, held in a different country every four years, is set to begin Friday in Germany. Thirty-two teams are set to vie for football's most prestigious trophy in the month-long tournament that will

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(六月)

By Sonja Pace London 06 March 2008 Britain plans to introduce a controversial identification card plan in the coming months, with foreign workers first in line to get the compulsory ID's. VOA's Sonja Pace has details from London. The British governme

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

A new study suggests that extreme malnutrition early in pregnancy may put a child at risk for Alzheimer's Disease decades later. The study begins not in the laboratory, but in the Netherlands during World War II. At the end of 1944, Nazi occupation f

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

Many Hmong fought with the United States against communist forces during the Vietnam War and say Lao government has discriminated against their families ever since. Daniel Schearf | Bangkok 23 December 2009 Photo: AP Hmong refugees walk outside their

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

By Jessica Berman Washington 09 August 2006 Thousands of HIV/AIDS researchers and advocates are descending on Toronto, Canada for the 16th International AIDS conference, which opens Sunday. The theme of the conference, Time to Deliver, reflects both

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(八月)

More than 115 storm-related deaths have already been reported, making 2008 the deadliest year for tornadoes in the past 10 years. Transcript of radio broadcast: 14 July 2008 VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doug

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Ballet companies all over the country are putting on The Nutcracker. For most of these companies, this holiday classic helps them to stay in business. In Chicago, a new $4 million production for the Joffrey Ballet premieres tonight

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

AUDIE CORNISH, HOST: Our TV critic says you need to know about this season of The Bachelorette. For the first time, a black woman is the star of ABC's dating show. And here's why Eric Deggans says last night's episode was important, even if you don't

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

今天我们要学的词是set the bar higher。 Set the bar higher, 意思是提高标准,严格要求。The web site set the security bar higher, 这家网站加强了安全防护措施。The school set the bar higher for providing healthy lunche

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Brazil's soccer players, from left, Kaka, Robinho, Luis Fabiano, and Julio Baptista joke during a training session in Johannesburg, South Africa, 30 Jun 2010 In the Friday's first match, Brazil will play the Netherlands at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Chinese-backed investment firm Canyon Bridge is reportedly set to buy UK technology firm Imagination. This came months after the British chip designer put itself up for sale in June, after its largest customer Apple announced it'll stop using its pro

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

丹麦超人气偶像男歌手Christopher新单《Set The Record Straight》 丹麦超人气偶像男歌手Christopher首专热销!专辑也改版发行特别收录7首新作和不插电版歌曲,而小C除了和DJ二人组合作新单空降亚军外

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲